September 19, 2009

5 Minute Hair

Ok, so we've covered The Uniform and the 5 Minute Face. What's left? 5 minute hair :) Ok, so I can't REALLY promise a time limit on this because unlike the 5 Minute Face, everyone's hair is different obviously. But I still have a few tips and tricks up my sleeve.

Tip #1


Bangs/Side Swept Bangs/Long Layers in Front

Perfect example here of why this is a good idea. You can easily sweep the rest of your hair up in a ponytail, messy bun, whatever and leave the bangs out. It's much less hair to style but it'll still LOOK done. That's what easy hair is all about!

Tip #2
Dry Shampoo

Guess what - unless you have really short or really oily hair, you don't have to wash it everyday. You probably don't even have to wash it every other day. Dry shampoo can be a life saver if you wake up late and don't have time to shower. Just sprinkle it on, rub it in, and it'll soak up all the oil and yuckiness in your hair.

Tip #3
Hair Accessories

Headbands, scarves, wraps, even detailed ponytail holders are your best friend if you're having a bad hair day. Just slip one on and you'll instantly look more polished and put together. There are limitless possibilities at every price point. I love looking everywhere from Target to Urban Outfitters to J. Crew. Hair accessories are also an easy way to add a playful pop to a basic outfit.

Just because you're short on time, don't feel like you have to throw your hair in a ponytail so you'll make it out the door in time. Spend just a few minutes using these tips and no one will know that you didn't spend any time on your hair!

4 comments:

Cristine Pauline said...

I use dry shampoo and I love it!!! I also have side swept bangs because I'm a wash-and-gi type of girl! I reccomend side bangs instead of straight bangs if your like me and hate using a blowdryer or round brush. ;p ie. LAZY haha!!!


My 20 second make up tip is: big round blusher and pink blush. Even my sensitive skin can handle blush and because I wear glasses I LOOK put together.

I love your blog btw!!

Katie said...

Thank you so much, glad you're enjoying it :)

The Byingtons said...

So, the dry shampoo really works? I've been wondering about that! I'll have to try some out because not having to wash/dry/straighten my hair saves a LOT of time!

Katie said...

Yep! It can take a little getting used to, but it's a definite time-saver!