October 21, 2009

Fashion's Maven Product Review

Organix Pomegranate Green Tea Shampoo and Conditioner
When I was in Target the other day, these products caught my eye. (Possibily because they look like Philosophy products?) Pomegranate green tea - sounded good to me. I was in a hurry so I didn't even really read the label, I just loved the bottles, the look, and the scent. Well I'm happy to say that these were a GREAT find! First of all, it's $6.99 for a 13 oz bottle and after doing research, apparently you can usually find a buy 1 get 1 deal. So, you can't beat the price. Second of all, it's sulfate and paraben free so if you have sensitive skin, these should work well for you. This is a major reason that I can't use a lot of drug store products so I'm SO happy to find products like this in Target! Most of my hair products are Aveda which I LOVE, but that can get expensive. It's nice to have a drug store alternative I can use to stretch the life out of my higher end products. I used both the shampoo and conditioner tonight and am very pleased so far. They do smell a little sweet, but the sweet smell hasn't lingered and I'm left with just a faint pomegranate scent which I like. Here is a link to the Organix website if you want to check out their other products: http://www.organixhair.com/pomegranate.asp

There are few things more exciting than finding a good drug store deal. What are your favorite drug store products?

5 comments:

Cristine said...

I think I might have to cave and buy that set!!!! <3 specially because it can be tolerated even with sensitive skin.


Have you tried California Baby? It's a delicate brand of body washes and target carries a few. :)


My must-have at target is the Dove Rx strength deoderant. :) it's a MUST!!! If you are even the tiniest bit sweaty it's perfect. But just don't adhere to the directions that say "only" apply at night. Lol nonsense!!!

Also, target socks are usually $1 to $2 each!!!

My secret purchase are: slippers from Rite Aid!!!! Lol
$6 to $10 & they are super comfy!!!!!

mrs. origami said...

i love those! they have all sorts that smell so good!

Amanda @ The Mom Job said...

I have always wanted to try these but was a little hesitant. THANX!

Katie said...

Cristine - Give them a try. I'm loving them!

Ashley - I'd never seen them before, but I'd definitely buy more products. Such a good deal!

Amanda - Try them! They do NOT seem like a drugstore product!

Scarlet Letters said...

I saw these hair products a few days ago and thought the same thing about the Philosophy resemblance! Nice to read a good review.

I am a fan of Neutrogena concealers, and if I can't get anywhere else I usually grab some of their makeup in a pinch.