October 29, 2009

Favorite Fall Scents

People tend to chategorize their perfumes in different ways. I usually do mine by season. No particular reason, it's just what feels most natural to me. Certain scents seem like they belong in certain seasons. For me it's ususally a fall/winter scent or a spring/summer scent. Here are some of my favorites for fall/winter:

Juicy Couture (the signature scent)
Notes:

Watermelon, Mandarin, Pink Passion Fruit, Marigold, Green Apple, Water Hyacinth, Crushed Leaves, Tuberose Absolute, Wild Rose, Princess Lily, Tuberose, Caramel Creme Brulee, Vanilla, Precious Woods, Patchouli.

When I first smelled this, I wasn't sure if I liked it or not. I tried it out a few times though, and I really do like the scent after it lingers a little. It's very strong, though so I only use a tiny, tiny amount. I've had this bottle for almost a year and it doesn't look like it's been used.


Thierry Mugler - Angel
Notes:

Bergamot, Hedione, Helional, Honey, Dewberry, Red Berries, Vanilla, Caramel, Patchouli, Chocolate, Coumarin

LOVE this. This strikes the perfect balance of being strong and soft. It definitely starts out strong, but throughout the day it just has a very soft, pure smell to it.

Chanel - Chance
Notes:
Hyacinth, White Musk, Pink Pepper, Fresh Vetiver, Iris, Amber, Patchouli.

This is a romantic scent. I love wearing this if I'm going out at night, or around the holidays. It has the right combination of being a little sensual but definitely sweet. I think it would be hard not to like this one.


Kenzo - Amour
Notes:

Frangipani Blossoms from Bali or Borobudur, Cherry Blossoms from Japan, Tanakha Wood, Incense, Thai Rice Steam, Vanilla of La RĂ©union, White Tea from China.

I stumbled across this one in a sample from Sephora. Like the Juicy Couture, I wasn't sure if I liked it first but I gave it a try and I definitely liked how it subtle it was throughout the day. It lasts but not in an over-powering way. I love it now and look forward to pulling it out during the fall.

I think I love these perfumes so much because now I associate them with this time of year.
What are your favorite fall scents?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

is it just me, or does the last one look a little sex toy-ish??? (i'm pretty sure they sell that at love stuff.)

i kid, i kid.
;)
-lm