October 8, 2009

Recent Purchases

Apologies for the lack of posts/comments lately. My husband and I recently bought a new house and moved so life has been a little crazy. I have some new subscribers/Twitter followers/etc. so welcome to everyone and thanks for checking out my blog :)
Since things have been so crazy lately, I thought I'd just make a post with some recent purchases.

Lauren by Ralph Lauren cashmere cable knit sweater

I don't know if this is the exact one I bought because I got mine at the outlet, but it looks exactly like this. It was either $50 or $60 which is a friggin' STEAL for 100% cashmere. I know a black cable knit sweater isn't the most exciting of purchases, but being cashmere it should last for years and years which is exactly what you want out of a staple item. Very excited I got such a good deal on this!


Lauren by Ralph Lauren beaded necklace

This isn't something I would usually gravitate towards, but again I got it at the outlet at a good price so I figured why not. I can pair it with my new sweater for a traditional preppy look, or I can layer it with other necklaces for something slightly more edgy. There are several possibilities here.


Chinese Laundry Trust Me boots (FINALLY, right?)

After my last post I decided I wanted these badly enough to pay for my indecisiveness. I found them at Chinese Laundry's website (http://chineselaundry.com/) and was pleasantly surprised to learn that if I signed up for their email, I received 15% off my first purchase. Nice!


GAP Ultrafine Turtleneck Sweater in black

Again, I know a black turtleneck isn't that exciting but to me it is a staple of my fall and winter wardrobe. I wear black turtlenecks so much I have to replace mine every couple of years, so this is my newest addition. I love Gap's turtlenecks because they are reasonably priced and you always see some new styles and colors every season. I stock up every fall!


GAP Dropwaist Tunic Blouse in gray pearl

This just looked like something fun to try. You could pair it with jeans or leggings (although I have somewhat of a phobia about leggings - possibly more on that in another post), boots or flats, and it looks like you could layer it over a thin long sleeved shirt which would extend how long you can wear it. I'm excited to try this out!



Nine West Rocha in black leather

I love heels. LOVE. I just wish I had more excuses to wear them. I probably find more heels than any other type of shoe that I want to buy, but I have to be realistic (something that I hate). I probably have 30 pairs of heels and I just don't wear them enough. I wear mostly flats in my day to day life, so that's wear I try to spend my money since they get the most wear. That said, sometimes I just can't resist a pair of heels and this was definitely the case. I've been wanting something with a platform, and I thought I wanted a rounded toe but I think this was a good compromise. It's not too much of a platform and the slightly rounded point probably means these will last me longer. I got these from Piperlime, so I could read the reviews which were excellent!

So yes, pretty boring, lots of black and gray, but hey, those are good colors for fall and winter. I definitely can add plenty of personality with accessories. I made a Sephora order recently, and I have a nice, full shopping cart at Forever 21 online, so expect more purchase posts in the near future!

What have you bought for fall so far?

2 comments:

Danielle said...

why the legging phobia? if you wear that top with leggings and the boots, and everything is covered, it would be super cute :) as long as you wear something big on the top, i think they work. especially with boots that go over the leggings like that. [i personally never felt like i could pull off the high boots over jeans, b/c even with skinny jeans, they always look bunchy].

Katie said...

I think the leggings phobia is like the bangs phobia I had. I remember being a little kid and bangs were big and fluffy and leggings had lace on the end and they both looked awful (but I had both of them!) But like bangs, leggings look different now so I really do want to try them. I plan on buying a cheap pair and trying them out with tunics and boots :)