November 4, 2009

Fashion's Maven Product Review

Jemma Kidd Mannequin Skin Illuminating Concealer (in 01 Light/Med)

I was in Target the other day (I'm always in Target) and this product caught my eye, for several reasons.
1. The packaging. Cute and attention grabbing.
2. The size. It's a 2-in-1 product so therefore much bigger than your average concealer.
3. There was a tester. You don't normally get testers with drug store products, but I think you should. I'd be much more likely to buy drug store makeup if I could test the color first.

Sounded like a winner to me. I was actually looking for concealer, too so it wasn't even an impulse purchase. There was no price listed (bad sign), so I went to scan it and see what it cost - $18. My first reaction was that it was too much to spend on Target concealer, but then I got to thinking. This looked a lot bigger than a normal sized concealer. I grabbed a couple of other brands and compared the sizes. I don't remember the exact numbers, but the Jemma Kidd one WAS noticeably bigger. I want to say almost twice as big as some, and even the cheap ones were about $7. So 2 of those would be $14. And, you get an extra product - the illuminator. Even at a drugstore price that would cost several dollars. Suddenly it didn't seem so expensive so I bought it.

The outcome? VERY much worth it! This is a good product, definitely high end for being sold in Target. The concealer is very creamy, easy to apply and blend in, and works great with my skin tone. The illuminator isn't as nice as my YSL Touche Eclat, but that cost $40 so I wouldn't expect it to be. It is on par with a Sephora pencil I've used before, so definitely a nice quality. I really, really like this product and would probably repurchase in the future.

2 comments:

Cristine said...

Can one use concealer without powder or foundation?

Where does one apply the concealer? How is it also an illumifier?

Katie said...

Yes, you can use just concealer. Use it for under eye circles or blemishes if you have any. The illuminator can also go under the eyes, under the brows, in the corners of the eyes, and on the cheekbones. Basically anywhere you'd like to bounce light off of.