November 9, 2009

Things That Rock (and some that don't...)

Once again, here are Things That Rock (and some that don't) brought to you by The Mom Job.

Things That Rock

I talked about Organix Pomegranate Green Tea in a previous blog. I'm still loving it and since then I've picked up the Teatree Mint shampoo as well. I can't get over how great these are, especially for the price. It's either $5.99 or $6.99 for like 14 oz. Compare that even to other drugstore brands and it's a good deal. I've smelled several of the other scents and they all seem great.

Korres Lip Butter http://sephora.com/
As the weather starts to get colder, I am loving these more and more. They feel so moisturizing on your lips and they have a little bit of color to them so you can use them in place of lip gloss or lipstick. I bought the value set that I mentioned in another blog so I have 3 to choose from. Great, great buy. Very affordable, too. Love this!


Fall is my favorite time to start burning tarts. Yankee Candle has some of my favorite scents. You can burn each tart at least 2 or 3 times before the scent starts to fade. Very long lasting and will fill up your house with the scent. Some of my favorite fall scents are Harvest, Macintosh, Cranberry Chutney, and Cinnamon & Sugar. Really I love all fall scents. I love the Christmas ones, too - especially Sparkling Cinnamon. Yum!

And Some That Don't...
Friday I was coming down the stairs and managed to miss the last step, rolling my ankle and hurting my foot. Ugh! There's nothing horribily wrong with it, it's just swollen and stiff feeling when I wake up. Not fun. I'm hoping it's back to normal soon.

I could probably come up with more, but I won't in the name of positivity. What are your Things That Rock this week?

3 comments:

Cristine said...

Things I love:
Ralphs (grocery store) has these ginormous scented candles on sale 3 for $10. And they last almost a month!!!!

Scents:
vanilla hazelnut
pumpkin pie
gingerbread

Sooooo yummy!!!! <3

Target Brand (up & up) dryer sheets that smell like vanilla.


Things I Don't like:

Paper towels are going up in price!!! And with a shared laundry facility at $2.00 a pop.... Hand towels aren't that economic either.

Regular Apple Juice is LOADED with junk ---that's why I prefer Trader Joes or Motts for Tots.

-------
what are Tarts?

Amanda said...

tarts ARE the best... especially the ones from yankee candle. i have a glass pumpkin tart burner thingy.... love it.

still have not tried the shampoo/cond. but i have full intention of doing so on my next target run. i try to avoid it for my sanity... and my wallet.

sorry about your foot!! when are you going to FINALLY be whole again?? ;)

Katie said...

Amanda - I try to limit my Target trips, too. It seems impossible to go there without picking up several things that are never on my list. Hmm. I'm hoping I've just had some bad luck the past few weeks! Maybe I'm just trying to get everything out of the way before the holiday season.