December 28, 2009

LUSH

Lush is a brand I've been interested in for awhile now, but since we don't have any around here my only opportunity is to shop online. Since it's scented products that made me a little hesitant, but after watching more than my fair share of Lush haul videos on YouTube and hearing all the reviews, I'd compiled a little list (ok, it wasn't so little) of products I really wanted to try. Once they offered an amazing after Christmas sale, I had some post-holiday stress I needed to relieve, and there was some graduation money burning a hole in my bank account - well, it was a combination I couldn't resist.

This post will be about all the holiday things I got from the sale, but I might do more posts on other things I'm interested in or the rest of the things I ordered! Anyway, on to the sale:


I bought one gift, which got me one free gift and 2 holiday products, which got me 4 free! The only stipulation is that the free items have to be of equal or lesser value. Pretty standard. The product descriptions are from the Lush website!

I ordered Christmas Present:

It comes with:
Christmas Eve bubble bar (fills your tub up with fluffy white jasmine and ylang ylang bubbles)
So White (a Bath Bomb with a hint of bubble bar mixture to cover your bath with a gorgeous white rose and neroli froth)
Snowcake soap (marzipan scented)
Jingle Spells Bath Bomb (An herbal hangover cure from Santa, with twinkly stars to make you feel better)


Since I bought one, I got one and I picked the Snow Fairy Gift:

It comes with:
Snow Fairy Shower Gel (truly magical, we wait for it all year-round)
Angels Delight soap (smells of jelly beans and is inspired by a colourful kaleidoscope)
Shimmy Shimmy glitterbar (smells of soft vanilla and covers you in glitter)

I also got A Gold Star Bubble Bar:

Gold Star bubble bar is full of solar essential oils (sandalwood, frankincense and benzoin) that release enlightening aromas as you bathe and fill you with sweetness and illumination.

And Angel's Delight Soap:

It is bright pink, fruity, studded with multicoloured soap shapes and scattered with glitter and stars. It's inspired by kaleidoscopes and smells of jelly beans.

Since I bought 2, I got FOUR :)

I got 2 Christmas Morning Bubble Bars:

Bright pink water, frothy bubbles and paper streamers with the scent of tangerines. Sandalwood keeps you calm and neroli stops all your worrying.

Another Jingle Spells Bath Bomb (there's one in the gift set I ordered)

Made with with juniperberries and fennel oils to help you overcome the sensitivity to jingling bells and other loud noises the day after the Christmas Party. Get one, bathe in its purple waters with gold, silver and black stars, and let it work its magic.

And lastly, I got a Green Party Bath Bomb:

Galbanum essential oil, with its lovely musky scent, is ever so slightly narcotic, so we've put it into our Green Party bath bomb with sensual ylang ylang and stimulating bergamot. This way you'll have a fabulous, ethical, and perfectly legal party when it hits the warm bathwater and fizzes recycled colored paper confetti all over the place.

Whew! It's going to take me awhile to try all of that out. But all I paid for was 1 gift, 1 bubble bar and a soap. Along with all the free stuff I also had a $10 off code. It was a great deal all around! I can't wait to try it all! I'm kind of obsessed with all things Lush right now, so if that's all I post about this week - don't be shocked.

I hope everyone has been having a fabulous holiday season and that we all have a safe and happy New Year!

2 comments:

Fashion Therapist said...

I have to be honest. I like the concept of receiving LUSH items, but everytime I walk into the store I get sensory overload...it's a little much at once, but perfect on it's own!

Katie said...

I've never been in a store, but I can totally see how it would be overwhelming!