January 20, 2010

Mmm... (Or in other words - perfume)

I've written before about perfume, but hey - there are always more to try, right? It's always amazing to me how different scents can remind you of different things in your life, or bring back a memory, or just make you happy. There are some perfumes I've repurchased in the past, but for the most part perfume is like makeup to me. No matter how much I love it, there are 5 more I'm dying to try so it's rare for me to get back around to a specific perfume if I've already tried it. It does happen, though. Here are a few more I'm loving/really wanting to try right now:

Notes:

Bergamot, Grapefruit, Orange, Freesia, Lily of the Valley, Lotus Flower, Pineapple, Watermelon, Grenadine, Sandalwood, White Musk.

Style:
Free-spirited. Feminine. Glamorous.

It took me 3 years to get back around to it (I told you it takes awhile), but this is a rare repurchase. I got my first bottle for Christmas in 2006 and was happy to receive another bottle this past Christmas. 2006 was the year I got married, so wearing this reminds me of our first year of marriage. All together now - aww :)


Notes:
Pink Grape, Orange Flower, Mandarin, Blushed Plum, Honeysuckle, Jasmine, Sandalwood, Amber, Vanilla.

(Side note: Why did Juicy Couture name this Couture Couture? You sound like you're having a sneezing fit or something when you say couture 3 times in a row. Seriously. Do it.)

I got a couple of samples of this from Sephora and like all Juicy scents, I like it. Sometimes I find their perfumes to be a little strong but if you just wear a little bit it mellows out nicely. They last a really long time too, which I also like.


Notes:

Bergamot, Cardamom, Pink Pepper, Mandarin, Iris, Bluebell, Ceylon Tea, White Musk, Vetiver, Cedarwood.

Style:
Stylish. Sensual. Energetic.

I'm almost positive this is the perfume my sister wears, so for that reason even though we live in different states I'll try to refrain from buying this until she moves on to another scent. A childhood of dressing similarly and constantly borrowing from each other has caused us to not like to match, or as she calls it "twink" now that we're grown. But I digress. Anyway, this strikes me as more of a fall and winter scent but you could of course wear it year round. There are no rules with perfume, sometimes certain scents just seem to fit better in particular seasons in my opinion.

Notes:
Blackberry, Damask Rose, Sandalwood.

I'm not good at deciphering the different notes in perfumes (which is why I copy Sephora's descriptions), but I apparently like sandalwood. It's always listed in perfumes I like. This YSL scent is my new obsession. I've smelled it a couple of times now and it is love. Just one of those really nice perfumes that's not too strong but it's memorable at the same time. I really want to try this one, but I need to finish up at least one of the bottles on my vanity first.

Ok, so that's my current list. What are you wearing lately? What are you wanting to try? Let me know! :)

1 comment:

Fashion Therapist said...

Lately I've been loving Dior's Mon Cherie, but I also love Lavanille. I switch perfumes based on moods, but STILL love wearing Flowerbomb.

That's my signature scent.