January 12, 2010

Winter Skin

I have extremely sensitive skin. When you add in the extreme cold, dry weather we've been having lately, my skin is basically miserable. In the past I've had to overhaul my hair and makeup routines because of how my skin reacted, and now I think I'm going to have to do the same with skincare. The majority of what I'm using just isn't cutting it. There are 3 things that do work ok though:

Biore Pore Strips
These probably aren't good for dry skin but they work, so I like them. I don't use them often, probably a couple of times a month.


Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque
This stuff is dirt cheap and leaves your skin feeling refreshsed. Again, I don't use it often but I do like the way my skin feels when I use it.


Clinique Pore Minimizer
I don't feel like this works unless you use it daily, but as long as you do that you do see some results. I use it on my t-zone.


Ok, so as you can see I don't currently have a cleanser or moisturizer or, well, anything else that I love and feel like it works great so I need recommendations!

What's your skincare routine? What have you used in the past and loved/hated? What's on your list of things to try?

2 comments:

Amanda @ The Mom Job said...

I LIVE on cetaphil's daily cleanser. It's so gentle yet removes the oil, and my skin feels so fresh afterwards. I feel the same about Clinique's Pore Minimizer - it works if you use if it daily. Which exfoliator do you use?

Katie said...

I used Cetaphil years ago and did like it. I might try that again, especially since it's supposed to be so good for sensitive skin. I use the St. Ives Apricot scrub, but lately the thought of that just seems brutal since my skin is so irritated! I need my humidity back.