February 26, 2010

Aveda

Aveda is probably my all-time favorite hair care brand. I don't think I've ever been disappointed in a product of theirs, and I've used a lot of them. They're all natural and don't irritate my sensitive skin so that's a definite plus. Salon brands are definitely more expensive than drug store brands, but the products go a lot further so in some ways it evens out. I try to extend the life of my Aveda shampoo and conditioners by 1) not washing my hair every day (you don't need to anyway unless you have really short or oily hair) 2) using drugstore shampoo and conditioner once a week. Here are some of my favorites:

Smooth Infusion Line
I have everything in this line except for the Style-Prep Smoother (and I want to try that). The scent is amazing and the products work. My hair has a naturally wavy texture to it but if I use the shampoo, conditioner, and then put on the Glossing Straightener before I blow dry, my hair gets silky smooth. LOVE.


Rosemary Mint Shampoo
This shampoo is very invigorating. I don't think Aveda markets this as a clarifying shampoo, but I feel like it does a good job of getting all the build up out of your hair and leaving you with a lot more body. When I use this, I only use it once a week or so and it makes a big difference.


Brilliant Conditioner
When we lived in Mississippi the water in our apartment left my hair tangled and dried out. This stuff completely transformed my hair. I don't have a need for it anymore, but if you have hair that's prone to getting tangled or is on the dry side this stuff will be your best friend.


Brilliant Damage Control
I try to be nice to my hair but I have a lot of it so it's inevitable that drying it, straightening it, and curling it might damage it. Using a heat protectant before you expose your hair to intense heat is important, especially if you like your hair long and don't want to lose several inches of it due to damage.

I've mentioned (and you've probably noticed from pictures) that I have somewhat long hair and a lot of it. Even though my hair is naturally wavy, it has an almost fine texture to it. Don't ask me how. The next 2 products are maybe my absolute favorties:


Volumizing Tonic
It's very simple. You spray this a few times at your roots. You flip your head over and massage it in. You dry your hair and you have more volume.


Phomollient
Best. Aveda. Product. EVER. This gives my hair texture and hold but doesn't weigh it down. Amazing. Pretty sure this is a very popular product with Aveda and I completely understand why. You can go through this kind of fast but it's totally worth it. Go get some. Now.

Do any of you use Aveda? What are your favorite products? If not, what hair staples do you swear by? Let me know if I'm missing out on something :)

4 comments:

Fashion Therapist said...

Rosemary Mint shampoo is one of my faves from Aveda. Also have you ever had their tea? It's so delish.

Katie said...

I have tried the tea! Yet another Aveda thing to love :)

Anonymous said...

yaye AVEDA!!! guess who this is!! :)

Katie said...

Haha, I was wondering if you'd seen this :)