March 8, 2010

Academy Awards 2010

Ah, the Academy Awards. A big night for fashion if you love to see what people are wearing (and I do). Here are some looks I loved:

Sarah Jessica Parker in Chanel Couture
I don't think this dress photographed particularly well, so it's probably destined to end up on some Worst Dressed lists but I. loved. it. If you saw SJP live and saw how this dress MOVED, hopefully you were able to appreciate it. It also had gorgeous detailing on the back that mimicked the front. Gorgeous.

Demi Moore in Atelier Versace
Demi has been styled by Rachel Zoe for years now, so I assume RZ was behind this. Demi continues to defy the science of aging and looks amazing while doing so. This dress could have gone horribly wrong being close to her skin tone, but it still manages to pop and has amazing details.

Rachel McAdams in Elie Saab
Ethereal. I don't know how else to describe this gown. So incredibly beautiful and moved so lovely when Rachel McAdams was on stage. Such a dreamy look. Elie Saab makes such unbelievably beautiful dresses and this was no exception.

Elizabeth Banks in Versace
This dress was such a gorgeous color and popped so great off of Elizabeth Banks' skin and hair color.

Carey Mulligan in Prada
This didn't catch my eye until Carey Mulligan was on stage and I saw how it moved and how it caught the lights. Gorgeous, classic Prada and a great choice by a young, first time nominee.

Did anyone else watch the fashion at the Oscars? What were your favorites?

7 comments:

littlechicagogirl said...

what kind of shoes is elizabeth banks wearing though? they look like the kind you can get a payless for weddings and have them dyed to match your dress.

and demi (and SJP and barbara walters) are not defying aging. it's called botox. lots of it. and facelifts. :(

i found the oscars really boring!! everyone was wearing gold-nothing really stood out. (maybe i am a fan of color??) although J-Lo's dress was pretty.

Jaime said...

I loved SJP and she got so much flack! She can do no wrong in my book- always a fashion risk taker...

Kristin said...

Demi was my absolute fave and it inspired my post today. Positively stunning was she!

Nadine2point0 said...

Totally agree with you on Demi - my personal fave. I luuuuved Rachel McAdams dress, and actually the whole Elie Saab collection for SS 2010 rtw is phenomenal. SJP is getting criticized for a shapeless dress but that thing moved with some serious grace. Great Blog.

Anonymous said...

I loved all of them but especially Kate Beckinsale at the after party

XOXO,

http://outfitidentifier.com/

DiamondsandTulle said...

I just did a post on this too. I do like Care Mulligan's outfit, but I think it's a little weird still with the hem line and chunky shoes. My favorite was a actually probably Miley Cyrus. New to your blog - hope you'll visit me!

xx Vivian @ http://diamondsandtulle.blogspot.com

Katie said...

Jaime - I agree, always love to see what she's wearing!

Kristin - Loved your post!

Nadine - Elie Saab is always so beautiful and dreamy looking. Love! Hate that people are criticizing SJP for what was a truly beautiful gown.

Outfit - I didn't see Kate Beckinsale, I'll have to take a look. She always looks fabulous though :)

Vivian - Thanks for reading, checking out your blog as well!