March 3, 2010

Birthday Shopping - Express

A great shopping tip is to sign up for email lists, credit cards, basically anything that stores offer. (Don't ever use credit cards if you can't afford to, of course.) Just being in a store's database will get you deals. Case in point?

YOUR BIRTHDAY :)

It's an extremely well known fact that I LOVE my birthday. One of the best parts is in the days leading up, your mailbox (both the real and electronic one) start filling up with deals and gifts to the stores you shop at. Tonight I made use of the $15 dollar off card Express sent me. Thanks, Express! Here's what I got and how it broke down:

$24.50, Buy 1 Get 1 50% off


$12.25 since they were 50% off


$19.50, Buy 1 Get 1 50% off


$8.25 since they were 50% off


Ok, so here's how it broke down:
Retail Value:
$24.50
+ $24.50
+19.50
+16.50
=
$85.00

What I Paid:
$24.50
+12.25
+19.50
+8.25
-$15 Birthday Discount
=
$49.50

Not bad, right? Birthday shopping is the best!

6 comments:

Moomby said...

such a great deal! i totally agree with you. about a month before my birthday, i start signing myself up on email lists

printable coupons said...

great deal!!
I found a new site people should check out – http://www.clickmycoupon.com/ offers free printable coupons for baby, beauty, clothing, electronics, food, grocery, health, music, pets, shopping, restaurant and dining.

littlechicagogirl said...

i got one of those too (and one from VS also), but 15%??? really, not enough of a discount for this broke law student :(

Jaime said...

I love bday shopping too- I always get special bday cards in the mail and then gift cards!

Fashion Therapist said...

Fantastic deals!

Katie said...

Thanks everyone! I can't wait for it to get here! :)