April 27, 2010

Dream Bags

Everyone has a dream bag (or 2), right? It can't be just me. Here are mine:

Chanel Classic Flap
Ohhh this is the dream. THE dream. I will own this one day, I've made up my mind, but there's no telling when. Let's not think about that too much or I might start to cry. This is the true classic bag. This bag started as the 2.55 (because it was issued in February 1955) by Coco Chanel herself, but you can thank the 'CC' lock to Karl Lagerfeld (thank you, Kaiser). There's a lot of history to this bag. You should read up on it if that kind of thing interests you. There's a story behind every single detail from the quilting (classic Chanel) to the chains (has to do with Coco's upbringing in an orphanage) to the lock (already covered that). Seeing how versions of this have been around for 55 years I'm not worried about it going out of style any time soon.


Louis Vuitton Damier Speedy
I know the monogram is probably more popular but I personally like the damier better. Again, this is just such a classic bag, classic in shape and style, and has been around FOREVER. Everyone I've ever known with a LV loves it and say they carry it with everything. Still high in price but not nearly as absurd as my Chanel Classic Flap. In an effort to convince my husband to buy me a LV last year I pointed out that the prices are raised quarterly (they really are, I wasn't lying) so the sooner we bought it, the more we saved in the long run. This logic didn't pan out as well as I had hoped. 

Ok, those are my top dream bags so now I want to know what yours are! 
Leave a comment and tell me :)

23 comments:

Marcie said...

I love the Chanel bag. I would take any bad made by them :)

Nice blog topic!
Marcie

Josie said...

Anything Chanel is my dream bag. Literally, anything. Love your pick! And I also prefer the Damier to the monogram -- what a fab shape!
xxoo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Natalie said...

i love Chanel bags so much! so classic! hope u get one :)

natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

kirstyb said...

oh chanel i red heart you ha ha xxxxx

The Hott Mess said...

oh lala the LV is sooo much better for me.. its not as vintagey as chanel but a decade from now I can still see it very popular :}
take care!

Lorena said...

I love your picks.....
I don't have a list, because if I did I would be obsessed... but I do dream of owning one.
My closest option right now is borrowing the LV from mom... that is, IF she lets me!

nookie said...

the Alexa one from Mulberry and ps1 from Proenza Schouler:)

Valerie said...

Love that Chanel bag! It's so timeless.

xo
Valerie

Vintage Obsession said...

Chanel Chanel and Chanel all the way :)

Couture Carrie said...

These are gorgeous!

I have been craving a grey leather Chloe Paddington for ages!

xoxox,
CC

Danielle Barbe said...

aw yes, the chanel is one of my dream bags too. such a classic!

Kristin said...

That is too funny. I just left a comment about my dream bag (the 2.55) on another blog. One of these days...she WILL be mine!

Leslie, Lemon Sweet Life said...

That Chanel bag is my dream bag too!! I am in love with it!

Hope you are having a great day!!

Audrey Allure said...

Love the Chanel bag!

Jaime @ La vie...J'aime said...

Oh yes...I will take any Chanel! I asked for an LV Neverfull bag from my parents for my upcoming 25th :)

Elle said...

My Chanel bags are my fave - I'm still dying for the Grand Shopper though! And a Chloe Python Paraty!

Taj Acosta said...

That chanel is gorg! I'm pretty blessed to have a few of the bags I've wanted, but I would love another chanel! There was this Valentino bag I let get away once too that I'll never forget! xoxo

Amanda said...

ACK! We share a dream for the first one. It's so incredibly iconic. LOVES!
Another "dream" bag of mine is one I own! It's the LV speedy (white w/ colors) and I can't think of it's "name".
There's also another bag that I can NOT think of the designer, but it's a hobo style, large white patent leather. Loves it!

Leah said...

Hermes Birkin... that's my dream bag.

Le Sigh of a Fashionista said...

Oooh how I would die for a Birkin. Simply die....and the be buried with it.

CMA said...

gotta love the classic chanel
love your blog, keep it up!!
thanks for sharing as always
and thanks for the lovely comments, darling!

-cma
COSMICaroline.blogspot.com

Bren said...

Oh yes...the classic Chanel flap. One day...she will be mine... although I'll be a little more specific here. Not only do I want the bag, but I want to buy it in Paris! I know...kind of dumb with the exchange rates, but it would be an amazing souvenier don't you think?! :D

I actually own your other dream bag, the LV Damier Speedy. Mine is the 30, and I still love it as much as when I bought it! It was my first LV! :) I carry it a lot during Fall/Winter, but it's also a great travel bag! I can cram so much in there, and it's very light! Right now I'm carrying my LV Damier Azur Speedy.

I think you neeeeeed it Katie! :D Let your husband know that it's a good investment, and that LV's hold their value. You can always sell it later. (but of course you won't...don't tell him that) LOL!

Isabel said...

ive written a post almost exactly like this but have yet to post it. chanel classic flap and LV speedy are on my list along with balenciaga motorcycle bag and hermes birkin. which im sure i shall never own but a girl can dream righ? lol