April 2, 2010

Mad as a Hatter

If you follow me on Twitter, then you saw that my Alice in Wonderland nail polish came today! Yay! 
The whole set. Absolutely Alice, Thanks so Muchness!, Off with Her Red!, and Mad as a Hatter.
The combination I decided to use. Lucky Lucky Lavender and Mad as a Hatter.
Yes, I need to clean them up and yes, I probably should have done that before pictures. Oh well. Anyway, I'm not even going to lie - I totally saw someone else do this and I thought it was a great idea so I stole it. I like the one glittery nail. My husband called it emo. I told him I don't think he understands what emo means.
A close up of all the glittery fabulousness. I think I made that word up. I did 2 coats of Mad as a Hatter over the Lucky Lucky Lavender so you can see just a little of the lavender peeking out, which I like.
There are 2 main complaints I've seen with glitter nail polishes. The main complaint is that it's hard to remove, and I'll admit it's certainly more difficult than normal nail polish. I recommend soaking a cotton ball in nail polish remover then pressing it on the nail for probably a good 30 seconds. This will give the remover a chance to loosen up the glitter and should make it easier to take off. The other problem is you obviously get a rough finish with glitter. A couple of coats of a thick topcoat like essie's 3 way glaze will smooth it right out. So yeah, it can take a little extra work but it's worth it if you find a color you like. 

So that's my update! I'm happy with the results :)

26 comments:

Josie said...

Oh, that is absolutely fabulous. It's sparkly without looking like something fro 12-year-olds. Time for me to start my own hunt for it!
xxoo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

emily viveur said...

gorgeous, good thing you were so determined to find it!

-emilyviveur

Cristina said...

I love it! And it isnt emo lol

Fashion Therapist said...

Totally agree about glittery nail polish. A few years ago there was this glitter nail polish that I loved and it was impossible to remove, but very cute on.

Jammer said...

very cool! I love when people mix soft pinks, florals ect...with metallics.

http://jammer10am.blogspot.com/

Valerie said...

The glitter polish is awesome, I love it!!! Haha, the word emo cracks me up. I don't think I truly understand it's meaning either. I love the way you did the one glittery nail. Have a great weekend! :)

lovelyviolet5 said...

Lovely!!Love your combination!!!!

Walk The Sand said...

AWESOME. Love it. So jealous you got the Alice polishes.
x

Le Sigh of a Fashionista said...

I love the collection. I may have to just order it myself.

kirstyb said...

i love that sparkly one xoxox

AttemptingStyle said...

if you wasn't glitter without the grit or the super laborious topcoat, i highly recommend OPI's DS Glow. So good. And crazy opaque for a glitter.

Iulia said...

I'm jealous on you. Here, in Romania, doesn't exist this collection of Opi polish yet.

Cristine said...

How fun!!! <3 <3 <3 I LOVE glitter nail polish.

Kristin said...

That is too fun. Looooove the lavender shade!

Pippa said...

Oooo I love the glitter look :)
Love it when things like that work out and look all pretty :)
xox

t said...

That glitter looks fab! :)

Morning Cloak said...

Alice and Wonderland had merchandising up the wazoo! OPI nail polish is my favorite.

Leah said...

I love the style you did with your nails... so unique. Happy Easter! xoxo

Audrey Allure said...

Love the touch of glitter :)

Jonesy said...

I saw this in the store and love it. I love the sparkly one!

www.the-blisslist.blogspot.com

Farah said...

love the pink one!


D e g a i n e

http://www.fashiondegaine.com

Angela said...

I love that mad as a hatter but I only used it once because it was bitch to remove!! But I still adore it ;) and the absolutely Alice is pure love too

lauren baluyo said...

I need to get my hands on that Mad as a Hatter polish. Looks so fun!!!


xxLauren


http://littlefashionbird.blogspot.com/

Bren said...

So glad you were able to get your hands on that polish! The colors are so fun!

www.chasingbeautyblog.blogspot.com

Margaret said...

those multicoloured sparkles are amazing :O i haven't worn nail polish in so long!
I really should
great blog :)
loving the pictures
stop by some time xx

msskeide said...

Love the pink one:)

X Factory Girl