April 26, 2010

Sephora 15% Off Sale

Fun things first! The beautiful Beauty H2T tagged me to answer some questions. Here we go:


1. What is your ring size? Um... I don't know, actually. I've obviously been sized before, not sure why this isn't something I know...
2. What color can you absolutely not wear? Really pale colors that look too close to my skin tone aren't flattering.
3. If you were to be a character on Winnie the Pooh, who would you be? Interesting. Tigger. Not because I'm bouncy or anything, but because I like the song. I'm sure you all know it :)
4. How many keys are on your keyring? My car key, the key to my house, and the key to my parents house. I think that's it. I used to have a couple that I didn't know what they were for and the last time I got a new keyring I just threw them away. I didn't know what else to do with them!
5. What's your favorite eye color? Blue! I have blue eyes, as does everyone else in my family, but my husband does not so I guess I won't be passing that on. I mean it could happen, but it's a pretty small chance. 
6. What would your dream date consist of, and with who? I'll be nice and say it's with my husband :) This is going to sound really boring, but I'm perfectly happy going to have dinner at a good restaurant, maybe eating outside, having a glass of wine, then walking around, maybe see a movie or go to a bookstore or something. Yeah, not exciting at all, but still fun :)
7. What's your all time FAVORITE candy? Mmm probably Twix. Chocolate and caramel, can't beat that.

Now I get to tag a few people to do this as well! I tag:

What did I end up getting with my 15% off at Sephora?

Sephora by OPI in It's Bouquet With Me. Part of the Modern Flower Collection. You can also get mini versions of all the nail polishes in that collection.
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Rockstar (dark purple), Bourbon (glimmering dark brown) and Zero (black). These are really, really nice quality eye liners. At $17 a piece, I'd try and wait for a Sephora sale or use a $5 off at Ulta coupon. Definitely worth it though.
NARS Orgasm Illuminator. I bought this and wasn't entirely sure what I wanted to do with it. I'm still not, actually. But like all the products in the Orgasm line (yeah, I'm not making that up, NARS has made a bunch of different products now with that name) it has the gorgeous pinky/peach color that is universally flattering. I'm thinking maybe I can use this in place of blush once it's summer, or use it under blush to add more depth, or add a drop to my foundation/tinted moisturizer since it is an illuminator. Whatever, it's gorgeous.
Yves Saint Laurent Ombres 5 Lumieres 5 Color Harmony For Eyes in 08 Midnight (pictured with and without flash). According to the description shades include: dark gray shimmer, matte black, silver shimmer, vibrant pink shimmer, and matte eggplant. If you're having trouble making sense of that the matte black down the middle is an eyeliner (I figured as much given the size of it, but it would be nice if that was noted on the webpage). Bottom left is pink, top left is dark gray, top right is silver, and bottom right is eggplant.

Ok, so that's what I got with links to everything if you want to take a look at purchasing any of it yourself. Did anyone else make use of the 15% off at Sephora? Share what you bought if you did! And if not, what's the last makeup related thing you bought?

18 comments:

SWEATshirtDRESSshirt said...

that glitter nailpolish is too adorable! i am debating on whether i should get a bottle myself.

thanks for sharing with us everything you got from sephora!

xoxo
http://sweatshirtdressshirt.blogspot.com

kirstyb said...

oh i love sephora! woo hoo! will send necklace in post this week xxxxx

Stephanie said...

I'm glad you said bookstore! I would love going to a bookstore with my boyfriend and just sitting there for hours reading books and magazines!

Leah said...

It's fun to read those random facts about you.

I love the Nars Orgasm line... great buys Katie! xoxo

Josie said...

Thanks for the tag, love! I'm absolutely loving those pretty YSL palates and that sparkly nail polish -- too gorgeous.
xxoo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

A.Co said...

Twix 'eh? I'd have to say Wonderbar ;)

NICE makeup!

A.Co @ A.Co est. 1984

PS - THANK YOU (!!!!!!!!!!) for putting me in your blog roll. SO NICE! :D

nookie said...

I just bought a L'Oreal foundation, actually my mom bought it for me:)
love the YSL shades:x

Cocò said...

I love this nail polish! I've got the same! I love too your ysl pocket trousse. Xoxo

www.daddysneatness.blogspot.com

Valerie said...

Yum...twix. Carmel and chocolate are the best. Looks like you got some great stuff from the Sephora discount!

xo
Valerie

Lorena said...

Oh, I have never tried anything from NARS.... maybe I should.
Well, the last "make up related" item I bought was the Nouvelle Vogue nail polish from the Chanel site!
I am waiting to receive it :)

Couture Carrie said...

Fun tag, darling!

Love that YSL eye shadow!

xoxox,
CC

Sarah Esther said...

i'm going to need ot buy some more smashbox primer... i love that stuff, makes me look like i have perfect skin allll dayyy loonngg

Taj Acosta said...

Hi doll, I e-mailed you! I love the illuminator mixed with foundation in the summer! Makes you glow! Great buys! xoxo

AttemptingStyle said...

aww, your perfect date sounds adorable.

Taylor Sterling said...

that nail polish looks hot!

Jaime @ La vie...J'aime said...

Nice to learn more about you! I used the 15% off too! I got a Phyto hair product I've wanted and a new eyebrow powder!

Kristin said...

The last thing I bought was a tube of Great Lash. I'm addicted to that stuff. Love your adorable lion mug!

Jonesy said...

I love the nail polish : )

www.the-blisslist.blogspot.com