May 11, 2010

Favorite Spring Nail Polish Colors

I did a post on my favorite fall colors so I figured why not do another one for spring? 
*These are all online stock photos which are NOT reliable. Go to Makeupalley or better yet, check these out in person if you're interested. 

Bold and Bright
OPI Dim Sum Plum
This is from the much beloved Hong Kong collection and it's easy to see why. It's more pink than purple which makes it more wearable to most people. It's bold, but it's not too bright so you could wear it anywhere. Look at it in person because I've found the stock photos and swatches to be deceiving. This is a unique color and I like it. I like it a lot.
OPI Strawberry Margarita
To me, this is just the classic, bright pink for spring and summer. It looks amazing on toes, but is a fun, bright color for nails, too. You know when you're going to the beach and you want that vibrant, but not neon pink? It's this one.

OPI Cajun Shrimp
You can keep looking for the perfect coral color, but I'll save you some time - this one is it. It took all of one pedicure for me to run out and buy myself a bottle of this. That was, like, 3 years ago. I'm still using it faithfully. If you know me, that says enough.


Pretty Pastels
Essie Lilacism
This is a light, easy to wear, pretty purple and that can be hard to find. Essie's polish is not my favorite consistency to work with but sometimes it's just worth the trouble. This is one of those times.

OPI Lucky Lucky Lavender
Despite the name (and the picture), this has a lot of pink in it, but there's enough of the lavender to make it stand out from the millions of other pink nail polishes out there.

Nice Neutrals
Essie Ballet Slippers
This is probably THE classic neutral nail polish. I think this would look good on everybody, it's a no-brainer when you don't want to think about what to put on your nails, and everyone needs to own it.  I don't say that about a lot of things!
OPI Coney Island Cotton Candy
If Ballet Slippers is a pink neutral (and it is), Coney Island Cotton Candy is a nude neutral. There is a difference. Somehow even though this is neutral, it still tends to stand out which why out of my 4 or 5 OPI polishes that all look similar to most everyone except me - this one is the favorite.

So even though this is titled spring, I would wear most (if not all) of these into the summer as well. Honestly I'll wear pretty much any nail polish any time of the year because I'm wild and crazy like that. I do gravitate towards certain colors seasonally of course, and that what I've tried to show :)

What are you favorite spring & summer nail polish colors? Have any on your list to try?

32 comments:

stylechanges said...

these very beautiful nail polishes i like them all red one looks amaing
lovely post

{ I V Y } said...

i want that dim sum plum!

Kendr▲ said...

I love love love your blog!
Your pictures are amazing and i just can't stop looking!
Will be back for more :)

Hope your can check out mine

http://stoleninspiration.blogspot.com/

agnes said...

la couleur OPI Dim Sum Plum est vraiment très belle

Audrey Allure said...

Gorgeous colors - I love the strawberry margarita & the coney island cotton candy shades :)

STYLE DU MONDE said...

My favs: Coney Island Cotton Candy, Lucky Lucky Lavender and Strawberry Margarita


xx

Isabel said...

i love the lavander and dumsum...im such a polish freak...i used to live in korea and u could get polish for a dollar. i miss that..haha it kinda hurts to pay 10$ for a bottle of OPI

Walk of Fashion

Marcie said...

I LOVE cajun shrimp. It alwasy makes me feel so tan!

Marcie

A.Co said...

Lovely!

The first one reminds me of one of my faves, Flashbulb Fuscia.

I like the Coney Island Cotton Candy.

As far as trying something new... hmmm... probably a fluorescent magenta.

A.Co @ A.Co est. 1984

Maria at Bachman's Sparrow said...

Pretty pretty pretty! I'm in love with the bold Hong Kong colors!

xoxo Maria

Alycia (Crowley Party) said...

Love all of these I have the OPI in perfect coral color, I wear it ALL the time!

Lorena said...

I am a sucker for neutrals. However I push myself to go other ways.

Couture Carrie said...

Love that lilac!

xoxox,
CC

Together We Save said...

Very pretty!! All of them are!!

Lisa Lisa Lisa said...

Ooh I really like the Dim Sum Plum! Perfect for summer!

Taj Acosta said...

Hard to choose! These are all great! Love the purples!

issa said...

oooh cajun shrimp looks like my type of color!

emily viveur said...

gorgeous colors, i love the essie ones in particular! so dreamy.

Taylor Sterling said...

these colors are great! I actually think I want every single one of them!

Dusk said...

Cajun Shrimp...yum!!

Kristin said...

Cajun Shrimp was made for my toes!

Le Sigh of a Fashionista said...

oooh I love the strawberry margarita color! so pretty!

Vintage Obsession said...

oww i like them all , reminds me that i need to go and buy some colors for myself :)

Fashion Meets Food said...

strawberry margarita is one of my favs!

xo

Liz said...

such pretty colors

ox

Leslie, Lemon Sweet Life said...

I love nail polish!! I actually have the Lucky Lavendar, didn't you have the Essie Lilacism on a few posts back? I really loved that color if that is what you had on!

htbui said...

my current favorite opi color is "pinking of you" =)

htbui.blogspot.com

Shia-Shia said...

OPI Cajun Shrimp very sexy colour loving it~

hai...i'm ur new follower
please do visit & follow me back
http://natalieshiashia.blogspot.com/

sharonlei said...

I love the dimsumplum.. my friend recently bought me a bottle. :)

xx Love & Aloha

...love Maegan said...

OPI really has some of the best colors ever. I love the first one ..I think I have it! ...and for sure I have that Essie Ballet Slippers

Lindsay With An "A" said...

I freakin' love this post, and I love that you said you'd wear any polish any time of year. That makes you fabulous in my opinion. I would too :)

http://lindsaylovesitall.blogspot.com

Elle Sees said...

I'm loving the purple and mango colors for summer.