May 20, 2010

Sex and the CIty - Season 3

Continuing with my Sex and the City series, today's post covers my favorite episodes from season 3!


Season 3

  Episode 33 - Attack of the 5'10" Woman
"Are there women in New York who are just there to make us feel bad about ourselves?"

Summary - Seeing Big and Natasha's wedding announcement in The New York Times sends Carrie spinning; Charlotte tries to get naked; Miranda's goodie drawer is exposed.
Trivia - There are several references to Natasha being a giant at 5'10". However, Moynahan is actually only 5 feet 9 inches, while both Samantha (5 foot 10) and Miranda (5 foot 11) are taller; the episode is shot to cover up the discrepancy and make Natasha seem much taller.
Quotes - "I've talked to her twice. Once I was in a cowboy hat and once I was in my bra. I'm like friggin' Annie Get Your Clothes On." - Carrie
Why I Love It - It's interesting to see Carrie's insecurities on display. She's not trying to pretend like she's ok with Big moving on and getting married and that's nice to see.

  Episode 35 - No Ifs, Ands, or Butts
 "In relationships, what are the deal breakers?"

Summary - Sparks fly when Stanford drags Carrie downtown to meet a hot furniture designer; Samantha dates an African-American guy, much to his sister's dismay.
Trivia - This is the first episode where we meet Aidan.
Quotes - ''Big wasn't a crush, he was a crash.'' - Carrie
Why I Love It - Aidan! Aidan was such a great boyfriend, it's always fun seeing the beginning of his relationship with Carrie.

Episode 41 - Running with Scissors
 "When you crawl in bed with someone, is sex ever safe?"

Summary - While Charlotte plans her wedding and Samantha plans a swinging date with ''the male Samantha'', Carrie's relationship with Big crashes after a dramatic accident.
Trivia - HBO was very nervous about the Carrie and Big affair since it was such a conscious decision on both their parts. HBO was worried about how to deal with it responsibly and how to make sure the girls were real with Carrie about it.
Quotes - ''We're so over, we need a new word for 'over.''' - Carrie
Why I Love It - The Carrie/Big affair is always tough to watch even when you know exactly how it's going to play out. The scene in the hospital with Carrie standing in front of the opening and closing door - how symbolic is that for Carrie and Big's relationship? Even though she said it's over, you knew it wasn't.

Episode 42 - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
"In a relationship, is honesty really the best policy?"

Summary - On the eve of Charlotte's wedding, a guilt-ridden Carrie debates telling Aidan she slept with Big; Miranda pretends she's a stewardess to get a date.
Trivia - When the girls are with Charlotte being fitted for bridesmaid's dresses in Vera Wang, shots of Carrie alternate between her black bra straps showing from under her strapless dress, and no straps visible.
Quotes - ''Is it so much to ask that you not wear your dress up around your c-u-next-Tuesday?'' - Charlotte to Samantha
Why I Love It - Oh, Aidan. Your heart just breaks for him in this episode. Watching him talk to Carrie at the church is probably one of the saddest scenes in the series, and then she has to turn around and pretend to be happy for Charlotte's wedding pictures. When you saw him walk away, you really didn't know if he would ever be back again.

Episode 45 - Hot Child in the City
 "Are we thirty-four going on thirteen?"

Summary - Carrie hooks up with a comic-book guy known as Power Lad (Cane Peterson); Miranda gets braces; Samantha plans a bat mitzvah; Charlotte discovers that Trey can sometimes rise to the occasion.
Trivia - The character of Jenny Briar was played by Kat Dennings who has gone on to star in movies like "Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist".
Quotes - ''I'm a 34-year-old woman with braces, and I'm on a liquid diet. Pain doesn't begin to cover it.'' - Miranda
Why I Love It - This is another episode to me that is just classic and fun. After the Carrie/Big/Aidan stuff, you need some lighter episodes and I think this one is perfect.

Episode 47 - What Goes Around, Comes Around
"Is there such a thing as relationship karma?"

Summary - Miranda finds a hunk out of her league; Charlotte goes gaga for the gardener; Samantha meets the other Sam Jones; Carrie gets mugged.
Trivia - Having Natasha reject Carrie's apology was the producers way of acknowledging that Carrie had done something that she didn't deserve forgiveness for.
Quotes - ''Somebody stop him, he took my strappy sandals!'' - Carrie
Why I Love It - You didn't really expect Natasha to forgive her, right? I didn't think so.

Episode 48 - Cock a Doodle Doo!
 "Is it us?"

Summary - While Samantha deals with loud transsexual hookers, Carrie, Miranda, and Charlotte survey the wreckage of their failed relationships.
Trivia - Sarah Jessica Parker cut her foot at the bottom of the pond when she and Big fell into it. She received a tetanus shot immediately afterward.
Quotes - ''I am paying a fortune to live in a neighborhood that's trendy by day and tranny by night.'' - Samantha
Why I Love It - I always loved the season finales and this is no exception. Everything was up in the air for all 4 main characters at this point so it was interesting since you didn't know what would happen next.


Images from ew.com. Summaries, trivia and quotes from ew.com, IMDB and Sex and the City: Kiss and Tell

16 comments:

Kristin said...

DUDE. Yes. One of my very favorite seasons!

BarelyVogue said...

Aww...here you are!! love season three. For now I am zzz will comeback tomorow to read!
Love
Sahi
http://barelyvogue.blogspot.com

Valerie said...

Season 3 is probably my favorite season! I loved watching Charlotte's wedding and the Attack of the 5'10" Woman was so funny. I can hardly sit still I'm so excited to see this movie!

xo
Valerie

Lisa Griffin said...

haha how adorable! I'm counting the days until the movie and you just made my day!
www.indramaticfashion.com

Kinsey Michaels said...

I love that you've been blogging about sex and the city this week. It's definitely one of those shows I feel you can watch over and over. I love the triangle between aidan, big, and carrie.

Glamour Bbey. said...

Hay dear blogger!
How are you? I'm glad that I've visited this blog! She's lovely.

Please, check mine too & maybe we can follow eachother!
Love, Cindy.

Taylor Sterling said...

Prob my fav season of all!

Josie said...

I love Aidan as well. He was such a doll.
xxoo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Couture Carrie said...

Love Hot Child in the City - the KFC was hysterical!

Another fab post, darling!

xoxox,
CC

Walk The Sand said...

I LOVED this post. Such a good read. So excited for the film...
x

Jaime @ La vie...J'aime said...

Yay season 3- I LOVE the opening eps with the politician, Hot Child in the City, and of course, AIDEN!

STREETFSN said...

Nice blog !! love your taste :D

I'm a fashion photographer.
visit to see my archive you will love them !!

http://streetfsn.blogspot.com

Liz said...

i so need to get this set.

thanks for takings us back to memory lane.

^-^ oxox

Jonesy said...

I'm having a contest on my blog for sex in the city : ) you should enter. If your ever in NY you can go.

www.the-blisslist.blogspot.com

Bren said...

Katie,

I'm loving your SATC series! I wish I had time to watch them all before the movie, but my schedule has picked up again. Reading your posts is the next best thing! And you're reminding me of how incredible that series was! I miss those HBO Sunday nights!

Can't wait til next weekend!!

xo,
Bren @ Chasing Beauty

Anonymous said...

hey i just came across this page while googling abt SATC fashion.. just finished watching seasons 1&2.. feeling SATC nostalgic..!
was wondering if ANYBODY knows what watch Carrie wears in episode 43: Escape from NY.. the WHITE AND GOLD WATCH.. i'v been dying for watch just like that, without knowing where i'd seen it until today, during my SATC marathon..
if anybody can help, please msg back..!!
thankoooo..!! :)