June 7, 2010

Blog Award Fun!

Yay Blog Awards!

First of all, I need to thank Leslie at Lemon Sweet Life and Taj at Gorgeous Glam for both giving me the Happy 101 Award!
Thank you so much girls!

I want to pass this one on to:
Isabel at Walk of Fashion
Kinsey at Kinsey Michaels

The rules with this award are to list 10 things that you love. So here we go:

1. Perfume - This was on Taj's list to but I promise I'm not trying to copy her (although I think I do love every single thing she had on hers...) I've written about some of my perfume loves before. When you find one (or 10) that you love, you'll start associating the smell with certain times you wore it. Love that.

2. High heels - The higher the heels, the closer to God. True fact.

3. My BlackBerry - completely lame but I'm addicted to it. I always have it. I have a nervous breakdown if I think it's not working right. My husband wants me to get help. I'll go if I can take my BlackBerry...

4. Makeup - Putting on makeup relaxes me. I can't tell you how happy I am to have the room to have my vanity and have my own little makeup area again. Every girl needs this.

5. iPod - Yet more technology I'm addicted to. Love it, obsessed with it, have to be able to play it everywhere. Between having it, the iHome, and the thing for my car this is entirely possible! And my life is better for it!

6. Handbags - Goes without saying. Completes your outfit. Carry a nice one :)

7. Nail polish - As nice as it is to go and get your nails done, I almost think I love doing it myself even more. It's relaxing, it's easy enough to do, you can change your mind at 2am and it's fine because you're at home - good stuff all around.

8. Magazines - I subscribe to several different magazines and look forward to each and every one. I put the current months on the coffee table, the previous and following month (they come a month ahead) in the magazine holder, and pour over them religiously every chance I get. It's a simple pleasure and it makes me happy.

9. A relaxing bath - a nice bath will solve all your problems. For a little while anyway. Get some candles, a bath pillow, music, and a huge collection of bath stuff to choose from and your set.


10. Date night - Totally cheesy, but my husband and I try to set aside time to go out once a week. It's usually nothing exciting - dinner, sometimes a movie, coffee, stuff like that - and sometimes the week has been so crazy that it's basically just us running errands together, but it's still nice. Granted, it's more fun to plan something entertaining then hit up Bed Bath & Beyond but sometimes that's just how the week goes!


Also, A.Co at A.Co Est. 1984 gave me her very own blog award which is pretty fabulous.
The way this award works is that each recipient designs their own award to pass on so that each award is unique!

Of course this means we now have:
Please contain your excitement. It took a lengthy Google search (not really) coupled with some time spent in Paint (time it took to click the font box) to create this beauty. You know you want it! (Hey I did put some pretty hot shoes on it so... there's that.)

I'm passing my award on to some of my faves:
Audrey at Audrey Allure

Thank you again to everyone who gave me a lovely award - they are over to the right! 
Please check out all the blogs I linked because they're all amazing and I'm obsessed with them and you should be too :) 
Hope everyone had a good weekend!

34 comments:

Fashion Cappuccino said...

Yay for the award!! I agree with you on everything, especially the magazines and a relaxing bath!! Simple pleasures are the best! xoxoxoxoxoo

Leslee said...

Congrats for the award. I love nail polish & the chanel handbag. Overall a very exquisite list.

Jesson Balaoing said...

thanks for the comment and dropping on my blog...

Beauty H2T said...

you are toooo sweet missy! thanks for the award, I love it, now to go off and make one of my own :)

hope you are good sweetheart
Bx

kirstyb said...

yay for the award - love this post x

Emilie said...

Love that post!

Closet Fashionista said...

Congrats to you and everyone you passed on to!!! Your 10 things are great :D :D
http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

mel said...

congratulations! that is so awesome:) love allthose girl indulges to hehe
x

peterbellandtinkerpan.blogspot.com

Isabel said...

awww thank you :)

Isabel @ Walk of Fashion

Elle Sees said...

i'm addicted to my Ipod too. And it died over the weekend. I'm so sad!!!!

Marcie said...

Katie,
You deserve this award. And thank you for passing it to me!

:) Marcie

A.Co said...

Woot! YIPEE!

Congrats & thnx Katie!

A.Co @ A.Co est. 1984

Leah said...

That's a cute quote... the higher the heels, the closer to God. Hahaha! I love it. Congrats on the awards Katie! xoxo

junghwa by amy stewart said...

Congrats on your awards and thank you for mine!!

I love magazines and nail polish too. I have so many!!!

p.s. Thanks for your advice.

Valerie said...

Congratulations on all your awards!!! I love magazines, date nights and nail polish too. Thank you for my Fashion's Maven Award award!!! I love the photo you used.

xo
Valerie

Jaime @ La vie...J'aime said...

This is SUCH a cool idea! A unique award..thank you! I must think of a good one on my end now:)

Cathy Benavides said...

It's nice to see that someone else loves magazines like I do. I like to cut stuff out to add to my inspiration board. Love your makeup picks too!!

Couture Carrie said...

Congrats on your awards, darling!

So true about high heels!

xoxox,
CC

Taj Acosta said...

What a cool award you made!! I love it! Thanks for passing it on to me it's soo glam ;) xoxo

Tzoulia Kadoglou said...

you did a good job with your blog :)
i will visit u as soon as i can again.


I would like to prefer you my blog :
http://tzouliakadoglou.blogspot.com/

I try to show my readers and visitors all the new styles and inspirations,not in words.Only in pictures. So have a look.

You are welcome to be my new follower
Tzoules K

Kristin said...

Congrats on your awards!! And BLESS high heels!

Josie said...

Congratulations on your awards, love! They are SO deserved. And thank you so very much for passing one along to me -- I'm absolutely honored :) I also subscribe to many, many magazines -- can't get enough of them.
xxoo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Viva La Fashion said...

congrats on all your awards! :D

Jonesy said...

Congrats on your blog award!

www.the-blisslist.blogspot.com

Breanne at Bella Vita said...

Congrats on the awards!! That's fabulous :-) I love your list, especially the magazines, high heels and the Lady & the Tramp date night!

t said...

Congrats on the awards!

CMA said...

i'm loving your blog, keep it going!!!
youve got a great eye for inspiration
thanks for sharing!

-cma
COSMICaroline.blogspot.com

Bren said...

Congrats on your awards Katie! So well deserved! And, thank you for passing along your Fashion's Maven award to me! So fun! :) I've already started making mine! LOL!

xoxo,
Bren @ Chasing Beauty

Audrey Allure said...

Aw congrats on your awards & thanks for passing one to me :)

Fashion Meets Food said...

Congrats on your awards! Thanks so much for passing one onto me! You are the absolute sweetest! <3 you! I will post about it as soon as I get my computer back. The boy custom made his computer and it's one confusing piece of equipment! lol

xo have a fabulous day beauty!

DiamondsandTulle said...

Congrats on your awards Katie! And thanks for bestowing upon me your hottie shoe award! Love your 10 things! Keep up the awesome blogging!

xx Vivian @ http://diamondsandtulle.blogspot.com

Lindsay With An "A" said...

Catching up on all my fave blogs! Congrats on your award! I enjoyed reading this post and getting to know you :) xx

http://lindsaylovesitall.blogspot.com/

Le Sigh of a Fashionista said...

Thanks sweet girl, I'm going to pass mine along tomorrow!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for the information great post, found it on Yahoo.