June 3, 2010

Summer Picks: Makeup

Like everyone else, I switch up my makeup routine in the summer. I live in an area with intense humidity and near 100 degree temperatures in the summer - who wants to wear a full face of makeup in that?! When it feels like that outside, you want to just spend a few minutes in the morning putting on some key products that will do the job and stay put. Here are some of my picks:



Benefit Some Kind-A Gorgeous
What it is:
A sheer, oil-free, cream-to-powder complexion perfector.

What it is formulated to do:
This lightweight, translucent, foundation-like product smoothes out imperfections and evens skin tone with a silky, smooth finish that's super natural and super gorgeous. 

Perfect since no one wants to use liquid foundation in the summer. I have no clue how Benefit does this, but it only comes in 2 shades and yet most anyone can wear it. Again, good for summer because if you get a little bit of sun, you can still probably use it. 



Laura Mercier Flawless Face Kit
What it is:
A set of products designed for a professional-looking makeup application.

What it does:
Laura Mercier Flawless Face Kit combines all of the essential formulas and tools needed to create a flawless face into one convenient travel-size zippered case. Prime, moisturize, and cover up your way to complexion perfection. It's dermatologist-tested.

What else you need to know:
- 1.0 oz Foundation Primer (Step 1)
- 1.0 oz Tinted Moisturizer (Step 2)
- 0.21 oz Undercover Pot Shade #3 (Step 3 and 4)
- Secret Camouflage Brush
- Camouflage Powder Brush
- Velour Puff
- Egg-shaped Sponge 

I included this because tinted moisturizer is so great in the summer, but if you're interested in any of these products this kit is the way to go for the money. Great deal, lots of good products - pick one up!


NARS Bronzing Powder in Laguna
Nars Bronzing Powder is a true brown-based bronzer with a gold shimmer fusion that's excellent for creating or enhancing the look of healthy, glowing, tanned skin.  

This comes in 3 different shades, but Laguna is the must have bronzer that works on virtually every skin tone. If you're pale (like me) you literally need the SMALLEST amount so this will last you a really long time.



NARS Orgasm Illuminator
What it is:
A complexion enhancer that makes skin look instantly refreshed, radiant, and glowing.

What it does:
NARS Orgasm Illuminator lights your skin from within! Deceptively sheer and decidedly luminous, it magically transforms lackluster skin into a remember-me, luscious complexion. Flirt with foundation, go it alone, or go neck-and-neck with your décolleté. The effect is, well, orgasmic. 

Great for adding a little shimmer to your face, which is perfect in the summer. Light, sheer, beautiful color - great product!



Stila Convertible Color
Stila's ingenious lipstick and blush-in-one proves irresistible. Non-greasy, this creamy, sheer tint adds an inherent glow to the cheeks while lips bloom with fresh, radiant color. A mini-mirrored compact makes touch ups on the go a snap.  

You know how your blush can just disappear in the summer? This one won't. Enough said.


Summer should be all about light, easy makeup that you don't have to worry about. These are just a few products that I think work wonderfully for that. What do you use in the summer? Share some of your own picks!

30 comments:

Bren said...

Yes, to all of the above! Great picks Katie! I'd also add Mario Badescu's Rose Water spray. It's super cheap and feels so refreshing on a hot day, especially when chilled in the fridge. Another must for me is Bobbi Brown's Long Wear Cream shadow. It's great as a base to keep your shadow crease free and in place all day, and beautiful on it's own. Also, Bobbi's Long Wear Gel Eyeliner really holds like no other.

Miss Caitlin S. said...

I was just realizing today that my makeup is too wintery so thank you for the great picks! I will have to look into these!!!

FashionJazz said...

I love your picks!! Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. Have a fab week xx

Jesson Balaoing said...

for me is Bobbi Brown's Long Wear Cream shadow. It's great as a base to keep your shadow crease free and in place all day, and beautiful on it's own.

Becca. said...

benefit definetly!
thankyou for the comment on my blog :)
XOXO, BECCA
www.fashion-train.co.uk

Beauty H2T said...

I want it all! Katie- how can you do this to me!? i have no money to buy any of them :) really great picks, totally agree on the water that is just what you need for all the humidity!

Bx

beautyh2t.blogspot.com

Audrey Allure said...

Such great picks!

kirstyb said...

love this i need some new make up stat x

Aurelia Liana said...

Great post! :)
PS: watch the video on my new post and hope that you'll like it :)

Couture Carrie said...

Oooooh I can't wait to try those Nars products!

I love Bella Bronze self-tanner too.

Fab post, darling!

xoxox,
CC

Isabel said...

thanks for the info! im so lame when it comes to makeup...ive used the same 5 products for the last 10 years :S lol
Isabel @ Walk of Fashion.com

Closet Fashionista said...

Oh awesome! I'll have to check all of those out :D
http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/
(thanks for the comment on my blog!)

Valerie said...

Great picks! I love hearing about summer makeup routines. I need to make a trip to sephora to check some of these out.

Together We Save said...

Thanks for picks!! I need to update my make up for summer!

Emilie said...

Great picks!!!!
Loved your post!
x

Marie said...

Great picks!:D Thanks for sharing, gives us options!:D

Happy Thursday!:D

http://allthingsmarie.blogspot.com/
BEAUTY. FASHION. DESIGN.
...and everything girly under the sun!

Josie said...

I absolutely LOVE your picks, Katie! I've been meaning to try that Laura Mercier kit. It gets super hot and humid here in the summer as well, so I tend to stick to concealer, a sheer powder, a little blush, and waterproof mascara... I never want a full face in such heat either!
xxoo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

siiigh, i need some new products SO BAD!

Leah said...

I'm using the Nars Orgasm Illuminator but I'm interested to try out Benefit Some Kind-A-Gorgeous. I think they will work great together. xoxo

Lisa Lisa Lisa said...

Great post! I always struggle with summer make up. My skin can be a bear in the summer. I'll have to check out some of these products!

Fashion Meets Food said...

absolutely LOVE your picks!!!
xo

Jaime @ La vie...J'aime said...

I use Laura M's tinted moisturizer- love it! Great summer product :)

Happy almost Friday!!!

Mary said...

Great picks! I just got the Laura Mercier kit and love love love it!

xxMK
Delightful Bitefuls

Great blog!

SWEATshirtDRESSshirt said...

i've heard a lot of good things about laura mercier! when i was in high school, i got my senior prom makeup done at their counter and loved it!

definitely checking out that kit.

xoxo
http://sweatshirtdressshirt.blogspot.com/

Taj Acosta said...

Yes please! I'll take it all ;)

Le Sigh of a Fashionista said...

I've been DYING to try the NARS Illuminator. Does it reallllllly work?

ATX SlavetoFashion said...

You have convinced me! I've been wanting to try Benefit's Some Kind-A Gorgeous for a while, and your description has pushed me over the edge. It's way too hot here in Texas to do a full face of makeup in the summer- it melts off by like 2. This will be perfect. Thanks girl!!

.sabo skirt. said...

Wow we would be really excited to try out the first foundation. Unfortunately, I don't think we have it here in Australia..

xx .sabo skirt.

www.saboskirt.blogspot.com
www.saboskirt.blogspot.com
www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

Underfunded Heiress said...

Great picks. I want to try that Nars illuminator!

Mallory Elizabeth said...

NARS is the BEST!