As I've mentioned, I'm out of town right now so I thought I'd mention a few easy traveling tips I've thought of in the last few days!
- Use sites like hotels.com and cheaptickets.com to book things. Try to find even better deals using retailmenot.com for coupon codes. Using this combination sometimes you can get amazing deals!
- See what kinds of programs your favorite sites and hotels have to offer. A lot of times it's free to sign up and you can get everything from free Wi-Fi in your hotel (like we're getting now), a night free at a hotel every so often, or frequent flier miles. Definitely worth looking into, especially if it's free!
- I'm sure everyone knows to pack travel sizes of toiletries to save on space, but using samples or the items you get when you receive a gift with purchase at a cosmetics counter are also fabulous for traveling. They're the perfect size and you can pack tons of different things to try out while you're on vacation! Don't forget to try out the toiletries the hotel leaves you, too. You might be surprised how much you like them!
- Forget something? (We all do.) First, see if it's in the room. Most hotels leave everything from a hair dryer to an iron already in the room. If it's something that not in the room, call down to the front desk. Most hotels have a list of things they keep on hand for their guests.
- Run out of something? Check to see if you brought something you can use as a replacement. Conditioner can be used as shaving gel, eye cream makes a decent moisturizer in a pinch (learned that the other night), you can put toothpaste on a breakout - the list goes on and on.
- I'm not going to say 'Don't over-pack!' because that's crazy talk. I will say try to pack things in the same color family, pack versatile items, and pack things you can layer or use with more than one outfit. This at least stretches how many outfits you can make out of a certain number of items.
These are just a few tips, but obviously you can't plan for everything. Like, say you arrive in Florida on Friday night, and Saturday morning your sister has a breakdown and decides she can't live in the new apartment she moved into on Tuesday. Well then you spend Saturday afternoon out in a mad dash to sign her a lease on a new apartment and Saturday evening frantically using the free Wi-Fi you got from your hotel reward you signed up for to change your flight and extend your hotel stay for 4 more nights since she's now moving (again) on Thursday and you'd planned to leave on Tuesday. WHEW. No, that's not hypothetical. That's where we are! And no, I didn't pack enough. But hey, you make do. And you stay up late on Sunday to try and schedule some blog posts. So, this week will be a little crazy, and I apologize, but I'm doing the best I can!
Don't forget to enter my 100 Follower Giveaway! You have until tomorrow night!