June 11, 2010

What I'm Loving...

Happy Friday! I don't have anything clever to say. Here's what I'm loving:


My Herb Garden
 I don't do yard work. I forget to water the one plant we own. I imagine I would forget about the dog but he's needy and whines sometime so that's hard to do. Point being - I'm not a nurturing, domestic person, so I was as surprised as everyone else when my aunt gave me a kit to grow my own herb garden and I didn't completely massacre it. Granted, it's apparently made for a 3 year old but I put the five herbs in the little pots, sat them in the window, and they actually grew enough that now they've been transferred to a planter outside. I'm so proud!

MAC Prunella Eye Kohl
 I don't even want to tell you how many years this eyeliner has been a staple for me. It's a lot. Its a rare makeup item that I love, am willing to repurchase, and don't think there's a duplicate for. I will probably always have this in my collection and I can't think of ANYTHING else off the top of my head that I would say that about. It's a dark, beautiful, plum color that is infinitely more wearable than your typical black eyeliner in my opinion. (I love black eyeliner as much as the next girl, but it can look harsh sometimes.) Everyone should own this.


American Eagle
I've shopped here off and on since high school. Like most other stores I've shopped in that long, I can now go extremely long lengths of time without setting foot inside one because they go through phases with their clothes that leave me feeling old, to say the least. And then there are the other times - American Eagle is having one of those times right now and they have tons of great stuff as a result. As I purchased my 3rd dress from American Eagle in less than 2 weeks it became incredibly obvious I'm obsessed with them at the moment.  You should be too :)


Chelsea Lately
Most shows are taking a break for the summer, but Chelsea Lately isn't (at least not yet) so thank goodness for that... well if you're addicted to TV. And I'm pretty sure I am. Moving on. Anyway, she's funny, I love her, it's on E! every night, you probably already watch it - right?
Ok, so that's What I'm Loving right now! What about you?

38 comments:

Miss Caitlin S. said...

Love the eyeliner! I was just in Mac today getting studio fix and had to stop myself from looking at anything else... and your little herb garden is so cute!

Josie said...

I so love American Eagle... I always feel like a teenybopper when I tell people that, haha. And I definitely need one of those little herb gardens -- maybe I could actually keep it alive!
xxoo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Emilie said...

Cute post ;)
x

Valerie said...

I've been wanting to get an herb garden for so long and haven't had a chance. Yours is adorable! It must be so handy when you're cooking to have fresh herbs at your fingertips. I'm loving The Next Food Network Star, flat sandals, my baby niece (as you already know from my post), and chambray shorts. Have a great weekend, Katie!

xo
Valerie

Jammer said...

I LOVE Chelsea! I watch her at 11 and 12 haha. I haven't read her new book yet...I'm slacking.

http://jammer10am.blogspot.com/

Closet Fashionista said...

YAYY for American Eagle! I know what you mean about the phases, I haven't been in there in a while though, but hopefully I'll get there soon haha
http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/
(thanks for the comment on my blog!)

Jen said...

Hey Dear! I am such a fan of herb gardens lately! I don't have a yard since I live in a condo so I have to do the little windowsill garden... just like you have pictured!

Isabel said...

i want an herb garden!

Isabel @ Walk of Fashion

mel said...

ahh good old eyeliner:) and such cute herbs aww
x

Couture Carrie said...

Fab post, darling!
I love Chelsea too!

xoxox,
CC

Kristin said...

I'm loving that it's Friday!

Vintage Obsession said...

ah the small pots are so freaking pretty :)would be so perfect on the window pane :)

BarelyVogue said...

Love you herb garden. so cute
keep in touch!
xx
Sahi
www.barelyvogue.com

Marcie said...

I am loving Marshalls right now. I am getting so many cute Theory pieces there.

Have a great weekend!
marcie

Lisa Lisa Lisa said...

That eye liner looks fantastic. I have a secret: I've never owned anything from MAC. I KNOW. You don't even have to say a word.

Jaime @ La vie...J'aime said...

That herb garden is SO cute! I love Chelsea- she's hysterical. I really want to read her books.

Nara said...

Lovely blog!
I invite you to know my blog! Follow me and I follow your blog: http://bienvenidaagradecidany.blogspot.com/
xxx

Taj Acosta said...

I haven't been into AE for a minute... I need to make a stop in now cuz of you! Hope you have a fab wknd doll! xoxo

Becca. said...

lovely post! and i love your pink dress in the post below!
thankyou for the comment on my blog :)
XOXO, BECCA
www.fashion-train.co.uk

Sovina said...

Hey girl! just stumbled upon your blog...must say u have a great great blog and i will sure be back for more :)

Keep Rocking!

http://weddingonthecards.blogspot.com/

Leigh said...

Oh good for you!! Love the herb garden..

Hope you have a fantastic weekend!!
xo

{ I V Y } said...

i want a herb garden hehe!

Ashley said...

Happy Friday!! I've been looking to try a new eyeliner, I might have to give that MAC a try, it sounds great!

-Ashley
http://breakfastatsaks.blogspot.com

Rand said...

this is sooooo lovely!!!:) hmmm i am loving the rainy weather!:)
xx

Jonesy said...

I want to make a herb garden! great idea

www.the-blisslist.blogspot.com

Audrey Allure said...

Love Chelsea Lately, she's hilarious! And her books are funny too :)

A.Co said...

Nice herb garden!! We have one of those, outside though - soooo nice in the summer to have fresh stuff (and save a lil' $$$ too :)

I've never seen Chelsea Lately - maybe we don't get it in Canada? :( I have HEARD of it though.

A.Co @ A.Co est. 1984

Savvy Gal said...

Oh I have herbs in little pots too. Love to have fresh herbs whenever.... : )

Maria said...

I LOVE Chelsea Lately! She's hilarious!! Chuey ahaha


- Maria, from Charmed, She's Sure

as featured in Fashion Chalet*

Leah said...

I wish I can grow my own herb garden... I always dream of having one. But the weather in the tropics is so mean and growing herbs is not advisable.

Love those pots you used for the herbs. xoxo

Nina said...

Katie ... your prayers helped me through a very rough patch. You are beautiful inside and out!

knk said...

lovely garden looks nice

Fashion Cappuccino said...

Two things....I love the herb garden and I love American Eagle Outfitters! Now I'm loving pajamas and straw bags! xoxoxoxoo

My Lack of Style said...

I need that MAC eye pencil!!

Lane :) said...

oh, i love chelsea lately! :D

bravegrrl said...

i want an herb garden!

xo

sharonlei said...

I want an herb garden! and I heart Chelsea too.

xx Love & Aloha

knk said...

hi thanks for lovely comment i am so happy to see you back,

have great day