June 25, 2010

What I'm Loving...

Happy Friday! I should be packing for our trip because, well, I haven't even started yet. I did laundry though. That counts, right? Right. Moving on...
Here's what I'm loving:


Coco
Meet Coco, my parent's dog. Actually, she was my dog but I got her when I was living with them, then I got married and moved and Coco decided she wanted to stay with my Mom and... you know, it's a long story. She lives with my parents though and is basically my Mom's dog. (You know how some dogs have a person? Yeah. My Mom is Coco's person.) My parents are down helping my sister move in her new apartment so Coco has been staying with us since Monday. I love her pieces but she's a tiny bit spoiled. And needy. And has no problem letting you know exactly what she wants. Like, she'll paw at you until you pet her and if you stop and she wasn't done yet she'll keep nosing your hand until you pet her some more. Pretty smart, actually. She HAS to be by someone at all times so she's been my little shadow all week. Luckily I love her. Which is why she's on the list!


California Pizza Kitchen Frozen Pizza
Ok, I know it's bad to like frozen foods but everyone eats them SOMETIMES. I love me some CPK so I was quite happy to start finding these in our grocery store. They're a little more expensive than some other brands, but they do go on sale and I think sometimes our store does Buy 1 Get 1 which is a good deal. Love them and they're a quick, easy fix on nights where you don't want to spend a lot of time making dinner (or as I call that - every night.)


Essie Demure Vixen
This is the only polish I got from the Essie Summer Collection 2010 and I'm so happy I did. I wasn't sure I loved it in the store, but it caught my eye and since it's in a color family I love I figured I couldn't go wrong. Well, I absolutely love it now that I've worn it. Essie describes it as a "iridescent cocoa mauve" but I'm not sure that description does it justice. Temptalia describes it as "a lightened mauve with pale purple shimmer. It’s a very soft, pretty color. The shimmer is incredibly subtle, but it’s there". That's a much better description :) Anyway, it's pretty, it's unique but not in a way that overly stands out, and even though it's in the summer collection, to me it's a color you can wear year round so I'm loving it even more. AND I love the name! So want the job of naming nail polishes.


Lilith Fair
10+ years ago, Sarah McLachlan started an all female music festival. Well, this year it's back and it's actually coming to Birmingham! If you follow me on Twitter, you know I've already bought my tickets. SO. EXCITED. Now the lineup in the 90's was basically my entire CD collection - Sarah McLachlan, Fiona Apple, Sheryl Crow, etc. Definitely a little sad I missed that, but the show we're going to in August has Sarah McLachlan, Norah Jones, Corinne Bailey Rae, Brandi Carlile, and Sia among others. Incredible!


Ok, so that's What I'm Loving right now! What about you? 
Don't forget to enter my 100 Follower Giveaway

37 comments:

Josie said...

Oooh, that Essie shade is absolutely stunning! It's just so pretty; I so want to pair it with wedges.
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Miss Caitlin S. said...

Coco is a doll!!! How sad she wanted to stay with the Rents but at least you still get to see her! :) She's so cute! And yeah frozen pizza... of course that's good, so good- I try to stay away! :) Now go pack girl!

Krystal said...

I love the california pizza kitchen!!! i've tried the frozen pizzas too and they are so good :)

Scofield lv said...

wholesale fashion accessories jewelry , almost 0.1$/pcs--2.9$/pcs

website: katherine-fashionshop3.blogspot.com

contact us :Msn: natonato1985@gmail.com Email : natonato1985@gmail.com Custom service : 86-0797-8130441

Scofield lv said...

wholesale fashion accessories jewelry , almost 0.1$/pcs--2.9$/pcs

website: katherine-fashionshop3.blogspot.com

contact us :Msn: natonato1985@gmail.com Email : natonato1985@gmail.com Custom service : 86-0797-8130441

Valerie said...

Oooh, that Essie color looks awesome! And how cute is your parents' dog?? Happy Friday! Right now I'm loving that it's finally summer (although it's still not very hot here yet), that I don't have much planned this weekend except relaxing, and Gossip Girl (I finally caught up last night and loved the finale).

xo
Valerie

Closet Fashionista said...

Ooh thats all great stuff!! :D MMM pizza! :D
http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

Fashion Meets Food said...

What a cute puppy! I just bought that Essie color and it looks terrible against my skin :/ huge bummer!

xo

Jaime @ La vie...J'aime said...

I'm going to Lilith when it comes to Boston-area! Can't wait. Should be fun!

Jammer said...

LOVE cpk frozen pizzas - bbq chicken is my favorite!

happy friday :)

SogniSorrisi said...

Great list. I ate at California Pizza when I was in Boston, but I didn't know they had frozen ones. Not that my husband would eat them if I bought them--he only wants homemade! lol

Becky said...

Awe what a sweet dog! SO cute! ♥

Taj Acosta said...

What a cute pup Coco is! My pup Mia is the same way with petting. IF she's not finished she will keep using her nose to nudge your hand over and over! Happy wknd!

susies1955 said...

That Essie is so pretty.
Check out my giveaway if you haven't yet. :)
http://susies1955.blogspot.com/2010/06/please-enter-my-giveaway-o.html
Susie

Isabel said...

i also love a frozen pizza every so often...lol

Isabel @ Walk of Fashion

Marcie said...

Katie,

Coco is adorable! Dogs are definitely a love of mine.

xo Marcie

Couture Carrie said...

Coco is adorable!
And I love that Essie nail color!

Happy weekend, darling!

xoxox,
CC

Cathy Benavides said...

Oh girl, I could go on for days about CPK pizzas. We normally get one every couple of weeks for those nights that cooking is just not going to happen, and it's awesome. Inevitably, we remember how much we love their pizza and end up going there shortly after. Great list- now have a fabulous trip!!

edk.dolce said...

So I saw your blog. I wanted to invite you to edk.dolce I developed the idea for "Featured Followers by Elle © " where I promote all my followers, and give them a chance to attract more people to their blog & for my followers to learn more about them! Check out my blog @ www.edkdolce.blogspot.com
*Elle

Krislyn said...

i love CPK frozen pizzas... tastes amazing. and i especially love how thin it is!

Ashley said...

Coco is so cute! And I'm loving that shade of Essie nail polish!

-Ashley
http://breakfastatsaks.blogspot.com

Tayebug said...

First of all, laundry totally counts! I'll have to try those pizzas. I've seen them a few times and thought about it, but now I'll take the plunge!

Gets said...

Such a beautiful shade! (: And you're right, the name is so cute hahah. Hope you enjoy your trip too.

Thanks so much for that little message as well, it made me feel better. (:

Love,
Gets

http://wastedseventeen.blogspot.com

Underfunded Heiress said...

Love the nail polish!

Have fun at your sisters!

Leslee said...

The nessie nail color is lovely.

Marie McGrath (The Joy of Fashion) said...

Coco is adoooorable! so cute!

www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

Kristin said...

Mmmmm. Cali Pizza Kitch is sooooo good! I'm loving the frozen hurricanes the hubs and I are sippin' right now!

Lisa Lisa Lisa said...

Have fun at Lilith Fair! And you better post pictures =)

Jessie said...

The dog is soooo cute and me and my husband love those pizzas as well :)

xx
Jessie
http:..87life.blogspot.com

Iva said...

Coco is a super cutie!!

Fashion Cappuccino said...

Awww...coco is so cute!!! I love California pizza kitchen! Their pizzas are the best! I'm loving barely there tops and shorts this summer! xoxoxoxoo

Martwa Marta said...

i want to make friends with your dog!

Audrey Allure said...

Aw, Coco is adorable!

Leia said...

demure vixen looks like such a great color!

Behind The Seams said...

coco is a cutie!

emily viveur said...

coco is so adorable! and that shade of essie nail polish is gorgeous, i think i need something like that.

bravegrrl said...

love essie! and especially loving lavender nails right now :)

xo