July 2, 2010

What I'm Loving...

What a crazy week! We're about to spend our 8th night in a row in a hotel. Now you all know I love hotels but this is a long time away from home! You'll notice this weeks What I'm Loving is a bit travel inspired. 
Here's what I'm loving:


Swimming at Night
As many of you saw on Twitter, this was the view from our hotel's pool at night. Pretty gorgeous, right? Yeah, I kinda wanted to move up there. Having a pool on the roof of the 4th floor in the middle of downtown is not something I can remember ever experiencing before and I absolutely loved it. I've always loved swimming at night and how can you not when this is what you're looking at?


Vacation Shopping
Ok, we all know I love shopping 24/7 but it IS more fun on vacation, right? Right. Go visit the St. Johns Town Center if you're ever in Jacksonville, FL. You'll thank me.


Family!
This is going to go down as the cheesiest What I'm Loving... post ever, isn't it? Look, I can't really help that. Haven't been home since last Friday, people. Last. Friday. In all honesty with my sister living 8 hours away, it's not often my whole family is together. That's usually reserved for major holidays and the occasional birthday now, so this has been nice. Aww.


Going Home
(This is August, our dog. Can't wait to get home to him!)
Well, we fly home tomorrow and I'm pretty excited to get back to the house, the dog, and life as we know it. It's been a wild ride the last week, but what's life without a little excitement, right? It's been fun though. I know my posts and commenting have been a little all over the place this week, but I've tried my best to keep up so thank you for your patience :) 


Ok, so that's What I'm Loving right now! What about you?

36 comments:

Marcie said...

Swimming at night is so fun, but it is also scary. I alwasy think jaws is going to get me!


Have a great weekend!

Marcie

SogniSorrisi said...

Swimming at night is awesome and I love hotels. Anywhere that people pick up my towels and make my bed is A-OK with me.

emily viveur said...

aw such a sweet post, your dog is adorable! and i love staying in hotels, though after a while you do miss your own bed a bit.

Josie said...

I am all about your favorite things this week! That pool and that view are stunning!
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Marie said...

I <3 hotels too!:D And night swimming is nice and fun minus the sunburns!:D

Have fun, Katie!:D

http://allthingsmarie.blogspot.com/
Beauty. Fashion. Interior Design.
& Life According to Marie.

Miss Caitlin S. said...

8 nights in a hotel sounds awesome but I imagine you are also ready to be home as you stated :) Sounds like you have a lot to be there for and a lot to come home to- the dog is so cute! Safe travels :) You are a very nice sister.

FashionJazz said...

Oooh what a fab post!! Luv it! Perfect way to start the wknd xxx

kirstyb said...

swimming at night - yes please xxxx

Gets said...

Lovely pool! :D Great place to hang out with your loved ones and admire the scenery. Have fun! :D

Love,
Gets

www.wastedseventeen.blogspot.com

Audrey Allure said...

Swimming at night is so fun! I'm actually doing that tomorrow night :)

Together We Save said...

That pool looks amazing! I love swimming at night too.

Jammer said...

That pool is gorgeous - but I'm scared of Jaws too! haha

http://jammer10am.blogspot.com/

Valerie said...

Your pool looks amazing! I love night swimming. As much as I also love hotels, I'm always happy to go home at the end of a trip. Glad you're having a great time! Right now I'm loving that it's a 3 day holiday weekend, that I have dinner plans with girl friends tonight, and my new iPhone!

xo
Valerie

naomemandeflores said...

I love swimming at night (but only if the water is not too cold)!

Closet Fashionista said...

Mmmm vacation shopping/normal shopping :D and family too :)
http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

Becky said...

Your dog is so cute!! ♥♥

A.Co said...

The roof-top pool is WICKED!! I wish 'eh?

OMG August is such a cutie!! Love him!

A.Co @ A.Co est. 1984

Becca. said...

lovely photos!
that pool is beautiful!

XOXO, BECCA
www.fashion-train.co.uk

Kristin said...

I haven't been to Jax since the FL/GA game many moons ago. Must go back!

Isabel said...

nothing better than vacation shopping. last summer i was in malaysia and the malls in kuala lumpur were AMAZING. especially after 2 years of living in korea where american style malls dont really exist. i was in heaven. and got to experience topshop for the first time in real life.

mel said...

looks like so much fun! ahh love swimming at night:)
x

D e g a i n e said...

so much fun, love it all!

D E G A I N E

http://www.fashiondegaine.com

WALK THE SAND said...

That pool looks incredible... so jealous!
x

Couture Carrie said...

Cute pup!
I looooove swimming at night!

xoxox,
CC

Fashion Meets Food said...

Swimming at night would be so much fun!

xo

Noble Beeyotch said...

Vacation shopping is one of my most favorite kind of shopping!

xoxo
Call Me Stylista

Ashley said...

Aw I love this post, it's so cute! :) And that pool looks awesome, I'd love to swim there at night!

-Ashley
http://breakfastatsaks.blogspot.com

knk said...

thats really great news looks you had a great week


enjoy

happy weekend
XOXOX
naveen

http://smsjar.blogspot.com/

rebecca said...

I haven't been swimming for aaaages, especially at night!

http://itscohen.blogspot.com/

Couture Carrie said...

P.S. Happy 4th, darling!

xoxox,
CC

Martwa Marta said...

fabulous post! and i just adore swimming when it's dark!

Michelle Elaine said...

August is a cutie!!!

KeepItFvncy,
M.E.

daisymay aka Chantele said...

The view from your hotel is beautiful, whats it like in the day?

Daisy Dayz Home

Eva Karen said...

Sounds amazing!

i love your blog :-)
IM FOLLOWING YOU♥

visit/fllw me too¿¿

bye pretty :)

Fashion Cappuccino said...

That hotel pool looks so amazing!! Swimming at night is so relaxing and fun!! I definitely love your list!! Right now, I'm loving talking walks alone in the park, surfing and eating tons of berbecue food :-) xoxoxoxo

Krystal said...

I've been swimming in the lake at night lately!! so fun!