August 16, 2010

Awards & Tag & Blogiversary!

This post is going to be all over the place, so let's get right to it!
First, I have a couple of blog awards to thank people for:

Sovina at Wedding on the Cards gave me The Versatile Blogger award. Thank you so much, Sovina!

Bren at Chasing Beauty gave be the Sugar Doll award. Thanks so much, Bren!

With this award, the rules are to share 10 things about yourself. Yikes. This could take awhile. I'll try to keep these short:
1. I majored in business in college. It's very practical. I am not. 
2. I lived in Mississippi for 2 years when I first got married. I did not enjoy it. I told people at our wedding reception I would be back in 2 years. I wasn't lying :)
3. I named my parents dog Coco after Coco Chanel because she's black and white. Get it? You'd better.
4. I have Crohn's Disease. This isn't interesting but it has taken up a lot of my life in recent years and some of you may not have known. Now you do!
5. I didn't fly until I was 21 and I went to Mexico on vacation. That's the only time I've ever left the country. Sad, huh?
6. I'm obsessed with the band Muse so Jared and I took a trip to Nashville just to see them in concert. It was amazing. Citizen Erased is my favorite song by them, which they didn't play in concert. New Born is my 2nd favorite which they did play and I screamed like a little girl the whole time.
7. My Dad and my husband (but more my Dad.... shh) are obsessed with Alabama football, so our wedding was planned around it. You think I'm kidding? Go look at August 26 on the calendar. It's the week before college football season starts (in 2006 it was the Saturday before it started). The first thing my Dad said when we told him we were engaged was that he wasn't coming if we got married during football season. He wasn't joking.
8. I have 2 iPods so I always have one with me. I have to be able to listen to one at all times! It's an addiction.
9. Of all my perfumes I've used Chanel Chance the longest. I've been using it for almost 6 years now, a long time for me considering how often I change my mind.
10. I love having people over and entertaining but I don't really like to cook. I'm not very good at it! I'd say I'm working on it but... I'm not. 

Also, Kayla at Ramblings of a Small Town Girl tagged me to answer some questions.
Kayla's questions:
1. What's your dream vacation; and who would you take with you? I'd love to go to Europe, and I'll take Jared of course :)
2. Instyle or Cosmo? InStyle!
3. How would you categorize your style? Casual but fun. Don't take things so seriously :)
4. What's your favorite part of the blogging community? The interaction and getting to "know" so many wonderful people!
5.  Romantic dinner or Picnic lunch? I like both, but probably romantic dinner.
6. How would you spend an ideal day alone? Sleep in, read magazines, listen to good music, then go shopping.
7. Favorite color? Watery colors, like blue/greens. I had my bedroom painted this color one time (it was actually called watery, I think) and it was so calming. Loved it.
8. How would you describe yourself in one sentence?  A 20-something girl trying to figure out what she wants to be when she grows up - and having a little fun with fashion in the process. (Yeah, that's what it says on my blog. Hey, it applies.)

Ok, now I have to come up with 8 questions. Here we go:
1. What's a song that you relate to right now?
2. What's your favorite nail polish color?
3. What's the weirdest date you've ever been on, or the weirdest thing to ever happen on a date?
4. Favorite movie quote?
5. Fall fashion trend you're most looking forward to?
6. Fall fashion trend you're least looking forward to?
7. What was your best subject in school? (That you did the best or enjoyed the most or both - however you want to answer!)
8. Name a blog that you think everyone should be reading but they might not be.

Ok, you know how much I love tags, so I tag everyone to answer these. You can answer in a comment, or make your own post - but do it! Thanks to all who gave me awards and tagged me - please be sure to check these amazing girls out!

Ok, I know this is long and lots of writing, but just I just want to quickly say this week will be my Blogiversary. This is mostly because I want an excuse to type out Blogiversary. Oh yeah, and I should do another giveaway, right? So leave me some suggestions for that! And make sure you're following my blog over to the right with Google Friend Connect so that I can see you - that will be how you enter!

Phew. It's Monday, isn't it?

36 comments:

Alicia said...

Happy Blogiversary!!! :) so cute that you named your parents dog coco ;) xx

Bren said...

Congrats on your awards, and...Happy blogiversary!!!! Woo-HOO!!!

Sending you virtual cocktails. :D

xoxo,
Bren @ Chasing Beauty

minnja said...

CONGARTS <3 Wooooooow woooooooow!!!

Love
minnja

jemina said...

Happy Blogiversary sweetie, and I'm sorry to hear that you have crohn's disease, please take care!!!
and here are the questions & answers:
1. What's a song that you relate to right now? What a wonderful world
2. What's your favorite nail polish color? it always changes, but currently I'm into Bright almost neon colours
3. What's the weirdest date you've ever been on, or the weirdest thing to ever happen on a date? i think every first date was a little bit awkward he he he
4. Favorite movie quote?
Asta La Vista baby!
5. Fall fashion trend you're most looking forward to?
Anything Leather
6. Fall fashion trend you're least looking forward to?
Most probably Fur
7. What was your best subject in school? (That you did the best or enjoyed the most or both - however you want to answer!) Biology
8. Name a blog that you think everyone should be reading but they might not be
this is naive: http://thisisnaive.com/
I LOVE her beautiful pictures :))

Wishing you a marvellous day dear

BIG BIG HUGS
Jemina
xoxo

Join the Gossip said...

Congrats on the blogoversary!! =)

Josie said...

Blogiversary? You know I love to celebrate! I'll send you a virtual cake, love!
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

My Republic of Fashion said...

Happy Blogiversary! Great answers.:)SarahD

PS Congrats on the awards.:)SarahD

Fashion Cappuccino said...

Happy anniversary!! I love reading more about you! xxoxoxoxoo

this free bird said...

Happy Blogiversary lady!!

I loved reading and learning more about you. You have a wicked sense of humor and I always bust a gut over here!

Now that being said, I had no idea (how would I?) that you had Crohn's. That is brutal. My uncle has had it for years. Do you have to keep a particular diet, etc.

We should dish. Maybe my gf stuff would help? Not sure....

And your dad and his football? That gave me the giggles! Guys are so crazy about that stuff.

I'll come back to the 8 things later tomorrow. Lots of work in the AM and have to go to bed. boo!

xoxo,
Carrie

Beauty H2T said...

Happy Blogiversary my Dear, and congrats on all the awards you really deserve it :)

Much love

Bx

Jessica said...

I love these types of blog awards - I love knowing more about fellow bloggers!

And congrats on your upcoming blogiversary!

lucy and sarah said...

Wished they'd played your favorite song at the concert. Great Answers!

nick and heath said...

Happy blog anniversary! Great answers. You're a sweetheart for all you do. All the best on blogging.

ori said...

So cool. Enjoyed your answers. All the best on blogging.

Fabíola Beltrão said...

owww.... congrats...


xoxo

Krystal said...

it was so fun to read your answers!! A girl I used to work with had crohn's disease so I kind of understand how tought that can be to battle with :(

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Congrats on all those awards and happy happy blogiversary

OneCraftyFox said...

Congrats on the awards!!

Closet Fashionista said...

congrats!!!! :D
http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

ash said...

wuah.. congrats and happy blogiversary!! *throw confetti*

Isabel said...

happy blogiversary!

Krysten @ After 'I Do' said...

Happy blogiversary, that's very exciting!

Adele said...

I love reading about fellow bloggers! I love the story of the wedding reception lol

Adèle – moltocuriosa.com

Noble Beeyotch said...

Congrats on the awards!

Marcie said...

It is so fun learning so much about you! I love that your dog is named Coco. That put a smile on my face.

Happy Monday!

M

Kristin said...

Happy happy blogiversary! Congrats on the bloggy milestone!

Valerie said...

Happy Blogiversary! You're right, that is fun to say. I love hearing all your answers. And how cute that your dog's name is coco!

xo
Valerie

Couture Carrie said...

Congrats on your awards and happy blogiversary, darling!

So cool that you named your dog Coco!

xoxox,
CC

Jaime @ La vie...J'aime said...

This is fun! I like learning more about people in tags... here it goes:

1. What's a song that you relate to right now? Ridin Solo (ha!)
2. What's your favorite nail polish color? that's too tough to answer. the heart loves many :)
3. What's the weirdest date you've ever been on, or the weirdest thing to ever happen on a date? the last date i went on was weird/awk-nothing in particular happened, but there wasn't any chemistry.
4. Favorite movie quote? "erroneous, erroneous on all counts!"- wedding crashers and i'd say anything from When Harry Met Sally ;)
5. Fall fashion trend you're most looking forward to? OTK boots are calling my name this year...
6. Fall fashion trend you're least looking forward to? Camel colored items(coats, esp i've seen)- i like the color but i'm too pale to pull it off ;/
7. What was your best subject in school? (That you did the best or enjoyed the most or both - however you want to answer!) I loved history.
8. Name a blog that you think everyone should be reading but they might not be. Yours! :)

Have a good afternoon!

Nubiasnonsense said...

congrats on the awards and your blogs anni wooooooo

Becca. said...

Well done on the awards, you deserve them :)

XOXO, BECCA
www.fashion-train.co.uk

Grace said...

Congratulations lady!

Love Grace.

Sovina said...

coco is such a cute dog name..even i have so many tags pending that i plan to do one day..i really like the tags in which u get to know more about the blogger like these and congrats for all the accolades..congrats on the blogiversary too :)

Taj Acosta said...

Congrats dear! Loved reading this!

Melissa said...

Hooray, blog birthday!

Anonymous said...

t's such a great site. fanciful, extraordinarily intriguing!!!

-------

[url=http://oponymozgowe.pl]Opony[/url]
[url=http://pozycjonowanie.lagata.pl]Pozycjonowanie[/url]

[url=http://axamitka.pl/internet,i,komputery/opony,s,1453/]opony[/url]