August 12, 2010

Chloé

Before the namesake fragrance, Chloé ruled the fashion runways with ultra-modern, feminine fashions that set the trends in 1950s Paris. Created by designer Gaby Aghion, Chloé would change how women dressed, guided by Aghion's infectious bohemian spirit. Rejecting the stiff formality of 50s fashion, she created soft silhouettes from fine fabrics, calling them "luxury prêt-à-porter." In 1956, Aghion and her business partner, Jacques Lenoir debuted the first collection at Café de Flore—a famous Parisian meeting ground for existentialists and artists. They chose the name "Chloé" for its warm, feminine appeal, perfectly in sync with the mood of Paris at the time: youthful and modern. Today, Chloé the fragrance is a new way to wear Aghion's collections, and get a taste of the inspiring bohemian spirit that started it all.
Chloé
Capturing the spirit of women, the Chloé vision is not about one singular woman, but rather about the rich and varied personalities of all Chloé women. This fresh, smooth floral fragrance evokes sublime powdery rose. The effect is chic, comfortable, and entirely addictive.

Top notes of pink peony, freesia, and lychee embody subtle freshness. At the heart, midnotes of magnolia flower, lily of the valley, and rose rise to sublimated femininity. A base of velvety elegance comes to fruition through cedarwood, amber, and honey.

Inspired by the details in Chloé's fashion, the flacon's heavy but softly curved and grooved glass reflects femininity and strength. The plated-silver top is embossed with the Chloé mark and adorned with a hand-tied ribbon.

Notes:
Pink Peony, Freesia, Lychee, Magnolia Flower, Lilly of the Valley, Rose, Cedarwood, Amber, Honey.



Meet my newest perfume - Chloé. Consider me obsessed. What's your current favorite perfume?

31 comments:

Fashion Cappuccino said...

I'm a big fan of Chloe!! I love their clothes! The fragrance sounds wonderful! I'm currently using Origin's Ginger Scent but I'm running out so I might get something new! xxoxoxoxoo

Miss Caitlin S. said...

Love it! I'm a stickler for Michael Kors perfume, it's a bit muskier, which I like :)

this free bird said...

K so I've not experienced this madness, but perhaps I need to.

Right now I'm on Varvatos for winter, Kai for summer (whatever that season is), and Strawberry Flowers by Fresh for all the time.

hmmmmmmmm you've got me thinking now.

xoxo,
carrie

Sherin said...

I do love Chloe. It's such an iconic brand! I would love to own Chloe perfume one day.

kirstyb said...

my fave has to be miss dior cherie xxxx

FASHION DOOHICKEy said...

Chloe is love... <3

Krystal said...

the bottle is puurty

Jammer said...

Ohh I want to try this. Right now my perfume is soap haha.

http://jammer10am.blogspot.com/

style'n said...

Love Chloe! I have the travel size and it's my go to travel perfume!

Closet Fashionista said...

Love this post! I have never smelled their perfume but I know I would love it...sadly I never want to spend money on fragrances even though I love them... XD
http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

Lee Oliveira said...

I bought this perfume for my sister.. and now she loves me even more..
it s a great smell.
LOx

Lindsay With An "A" said...

Hey there! Been away for a bit, and I've missed your blog! :) That perfume is great! My current favorite is "Love" By Killian... smells out of this world!

http://lindsaylovesitall.blogspot.com

Anna Jane said...

i do love chloe - it really smells divine. i'm currently wearing jo malon nectarine and honey blossom.

xx anna jane

ash said...

chloe... yummy :)

Jen said...

Love perfume recommendations!! Gotta try this one. My favs? Anything RL, Gucci or Bvlgari.

Happy Thursday Dear!!

Isabel said...

im currently loving flora by gucci, miss dior cherie blooming bouquet by christian dior and coco mademoiselle by chanel..next time im in a department store im going to check out chloe :)

Valerie said...

Oooh, I'll have to test this out next time I go to Sephora. I love the name Chloe, it sounds so sophisticated. My current favorite perfume is Hanae Mori.

xo
Valerie

Bren said...

I love Chloe, and I love anything Rose! My friends all make fun of me and say that it's a grandma smell, but I don't care. lol! I just love it! I just tried a couple of Serge Lutens fragrances at Barney's, and they have the most gorgeous Rose! I think I neeeeed it. :D

xoxo,
Bren @ Chasing Beauty

Alicia said...

Chloe is what i wear too!! i love it! i also love juicy's perfume.

Jaime @ La vie...J'aime said...

MJ's Lola! I got it for xmas :)

Couture Carrie said...

Love this scent.

I swear by Hanae Mori.

xoxox,
CC

Chloe said...

thankyou for naming this post after me hahaha ;) loool

ironically, this perfume is my favourite too! :P

www.not-fromconcentrate.blogspot.com

Kayla said...

I love Chloe. Anything from their lines actually... the bags are to die for. I'm really liking the DKNY Be Delicious to finish out the summer; fruity and light.

Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

Devon said...

I love that perfume too! Awesome blog x

Kristin said...

I'm a Chance lover. But Chloe sounds like a must try!

jemina said...

I must try this!!!! Sounds delish :)) I've got too many favourites but one of them is Jo Malone White Jasmine and Mint, it's fresh and not over powering :)) Thanks for sharing Katie, much appreciated. Big Hugs and Kisses, Jemina, xoxo

Josie said...

I love Chloe clothing; it's all so chic and gorgeous. This scent sounds perfect for me; I'll have to check it out! It may replace Miss Dior Cherie for me, which would be quite the coup.
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Grace said...

I'm a huge fan of amber and cedarwood. Must check this out!

Love Grace.

Sara Louise said...

Lovely blog. Great write-ups. Gorgeous photos
http://seraluxe.blogspot.com

Indigo Iris said...

absolutely LOVE this perfume! great post.
Just came across ur blog, & i love it! will follow u.

Follow me too:

www.cremedefemme.blogspot.com

E,x

Erin (penny. LA) said...

I have never smelled the perfume, but if it's anything like the clothing... I'm sure it's fabulous.

Currently I am loving Ralph Lauren Romance. It was a Christmas gift from my brother, and I saved it until June just to wear on my wedding day. Now every time I spritz it, it reminds me of Colorado and my family and friends and the whole wonderful occasion. <3