August 3, 2010

Shoes!

As I mentioned on Twitter, Sunday night I did a little bit of shoe shopping.
Hmm, let's back up.
Jared suggested (I know, I was as shocked as you are) that we go to TJ Maxx to walk around after dinner. The man knows full well I don't know how to "walk around" a store so this is his own fault. Now, TJ Maxx and Marshall's are the type of store I have to be in the right mood for because they take a lot of work. They're not organized, there's a LOT of stuff, and it takes some digging to find some good pieces. This is all if it's a store even worth going to. I find that it depends on the location, at least around here. Certain areas of town have some awesome stuff. Others just have... crap. There was a Ross across from our old apartment and I spent all of 0.5 seconds in there before I nearly burst into tears at the sadness of it. Don't get me started on that. Anyway, point being - we have a good TJ Maxx and Marshall's where we live and if the mood strikes me, I'll go find a few treasures.
So that's exactly what I did.
Here's the damage:
From L to R: Guess platforms, Steve Madden wedges, American Eagle flats
Not too bad, hmm?

#1 - American Eagle flats
These were $10. $10! They would be at least $30, maybe $40 in an AE store. I've bought plenty of AE flats before and have always been pleased with the quality given the price point. 

#2 - Steve Madden wedges
These were $40, I'm sure retail is double that. Again, I've had plenty of Steve Madden shoes and they're always comfortable and hold up well. I love wedges but I've had to rebuild my collection because August (the dog) went through a phase where he liked to chew them up. I lost 3 pairs of wedges to that phase, I think. It was painful for all of us. Mostly me.

#3 - GUESS platforms
Um, hello lovers. These were also $40. I can't say for sure that I've had Guess shoes before but I assume they'd be at least double this retail. They look a little killer, but the platform makes them SO much more comfortable. I put these on in the store to try them out and I'm working with a broken toe and it wasn't... ok I'm not going to lie it hurt, but you know, I'm alive. (If I have to recommend a toe to break, which I can do since I've done it multiple times now, go for the pinky. It's easy to keep your weight off it. You also don't seem to move it as much as other toes. I'm just saying...)

So yes, that was 3 pairs of shoes for $98 after tax. There were a pair of booties that caught my eye as well but Jared said if I got those I had to put another pair back. I guess 3 pairs of shoes in one store is his breaking point. (Wimp.) Good to know though, good to know.

Yeah, so you'll notice, I"m sitting in all the shoe pictures because of the toe. Hey, I made an effort. Sadly I think I'm stuck in flats for awhile which is sad because I definitely believe my new(ish) BCBG shoes wanted to make their inaugural appearance at Caroline's rehearsal dinner Friday night. Sit tight, my lovelies. Your time will come. OH, and want to see something weird? Check out this post I made back in March. I posted these and these and now I own both of them! I don't even remember that, I just came across the post while I was looking over some stuff for the blog. It's like... I'm psychic or something. If I link it in a post on the blog, I will eventually own it.


Yeah, right.

47 comments:

Marie said...

I love the Guess platforms!:D

http://allthingsmarie.blogspot.com/
Beauty. Fashion. Interior Design.
& Life According to Marie.

Melissa said...

What a fun shoe extravaganza!

Leather and Lace said...

some great buys!
XOXO

http://www.leatherlaceblog.com/
http://www.leatherlaceblog.com/

Kayla said...

Great shoes. I love the Steve Madden wedge. I've been eyeing those for a while too.

Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

Miss Caitlin S. said...

Those are so cute!! You did well!!! Also, love that Jared suggested that... my kind of man!!! You did pay a lot for a night out but hey, they all sound like great deals!

Krystal said...

i love your new shoes, i think you banked!! esp the black ones, sigh

thetragicallychic said...

nice! I love the SM wedges!

Sanni said...

BEAUTIFUL SHOES!!! i hope that i can find here, from finland, those guess-platforms!

FashionJazz said...

Love your new shoes soo much!! Hope you have a lovely day xx

this free bird said...

if you link it, it will come? mmmmkaaaay mis cleo?? you hit it big on these babies. i woulda needed a nap after that jackpot. glory!!

and a trooper given the toe. i love a woman who's always looking forward!!

Katie - and re: the bachelor/ette? - i've watched a grand total of maybe 45 min this time round and it is completely moronic. i've been robbed of precious moments i can't get back...how many shoe thoughts escaped my brain during that??

ugh

carrie

kirstyb said...

oh you got some fab shoes xxxx

Jessica said...

You made out like a bandit! I find that the shoe area is easiest to scour in those stores, which just makes it easier to buy. (Evil of them.)

style'n said...

I love all three of those and would buy them too. Agree with Jessica-in a store like TJ Maxx or Marshalls I head straight to the shoe dept. I don't have the patience for any of the other departments :)
naina

Not a Paper Cup said...

the guess platforms are my favourite! :)

jemina said...

FABULOUS shoes, you have an amazing eye for style lady!!! salute!!! mwah! xoxo

Cheryl: Oh to Be a Muse said...

the steve madden wedges look great on you, but the guess platforms are my favorite! good buys!

http://cherylclarke.blogspot.com

ivy's closet said...

awesome selection!

Closet Fashionista said...

YAY shoes!!! I know what you mean, some TJ Maxx and Marshalls are really bad but others are AWESOME! Luckily all of the ones near me are pretty good
http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

My Republic of Fashion said...

Gorgeous shoes. Love those studded flats.:)SarahD

Ms. Givens said...

The Ross stores are like that around here too. You scored. I think Guess shoes are always so impressive looking.

Jaime @ La vie...J'aime said...

3 pairs of shoes for under $100 is awesome! I love all 3...esp the platforms.

PS: your Summer Snapshot will post this afternoon!

Rachel said...

Great finds! I'm really loving those Steve Madden wedges!

Valerie said...

Wow, 3 pairs of new fabulous shoes! You totally scored. LOVE the black platforms! And what a great deal you got.

xo
Valerie

daisymay aka Chantele said...

Love the wedges!! all are cute Daisy Dayz Home

Beckerman Girls said...

YOU FOUND AMAMAMMAMAZING DEALS!
AWWWWESOME!
xoxoThe Beckerman Girls

http://BeckermanBitePlate.com

OneCraftyFox said...

I want your shoes!!

Abi said...

Great buys! Love the steve madden wedges

Fabíola Beltrão said...

i love them


xoxo

Jen said...

Girl, those are my two favorite stores!! Heck, I'll scour through all the crap just to find those great deals. And girl, there are some GREAT deals there!! Oh, and those black heels?... excellent purchase! Proud of ya ;-)

Fashion Cappuccino said...

Wow!! Great deals!! I love the Guess plateforms! They look so expensive! xoxoxoxoo

Tayebug said...

Nice haul. I know what you mean about "depends on the store". Some are great, some are pathetic.

Bren said...

You scored Katie! Three pairs of shoes?! That's my favorite kind of day! I know exactly what you mean about needing to be in the mood to shop those stores. I'd go in there more often if they were organized.

Love your new shoes!

xoxo,
Bren @ Chasing Beauty

Click here to enter my In-vita Paper Studio giveaway

Jess said...

Love them all! Especially the wedges. Great finds!

Nubiasnonsense said...

All of them are pretty cute.. I like the studs on the flats

emily☆ said...

Love the shoe choices!! Especially the pumps! Props to you for finding a man who will suggest shoe shopping! lol

Camila F. said...

I love those American Eagle flats! So cute and so cheap!!!

Elle said...

Great finds! I love the guess platforms - they're so classic and such a steal at $40!

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

The Guess platforms and American Eagle flats are sooooooooooooooo cute! Great finds! I know what you mean though, sometimes you really have to dig around to find good stuff at Marshalls. I've been through that before. =)

Jammer said...

wooo! I'm a strong supporter of any shoe shopping extravaganzas.

http://jammer10am.blogspot.com/

Jammer said...

wooo! I'm a strong supporter of any shoe shopping extravaganzas.

http://jammer10am.blogspot.com/

Beckerman Girls said...

Unbelievable!!!! Those Guess pumps will get a whole lot of wear for sure, they're super sexy!!!
Love,
xoxox
The Beckerman Girls

http://www.beckermanbiteplate.com

Daniela said...

the tjmaxx where i live has great shoes as well - have to do A LOT of digging to find good clothes, though, like u said. Anway, I was in there tonight. ANd its too bad I have size 10 feet because the real treasures are all size 8. :/ Bought a jumper though...retail $235, I spent $60.

Anna Jane said...

i've found some great things at tj maxx - congrats on your finds! i am really digging the guess pumps - you'll have those forever!

xx
anna jane
http://seejaneworkplaylive.blogspot.com

Josie said...

I'm entirely too in love with Steve Madden -- love those wedges! And you're so right; I have to be in a hardcore mood to hit TJMaxx and Marshall's!
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Sherin said...

I love the AE ones. They are so adorable.

Cathy Benavides said...

Girl, be glad I don't live in AL, because I would totally be stealing those flats and wedges! I am totally obsessed with flats right now, and summer always calls for wedges. Great choices!

Kristin said...

I WANT those wedges and pumps. They're so cute!