August 20, 2010

What I'm Loving...

Happy Friday! I haven't been feeling so great so let's get right into it.
Here's what I'm loving:


Shrimp and Grits
If you follow me on Twitter, you saw this picture last night. This, my friends, is shrimp and grits. It's one of the only good things that came out of living in Mississippi for 2 years. There's a restaurant in Jackson, Julep, and they serve this shrimp and grits. It's not your "normal" shrimp and grits though. According to their menu it's shrimp, roasted corn, red onions, sweet peppers and herbs in a créme sauce served over smoked gouda cheese grits.  Uhh, yum? Yes, very. Now....I don't cook. So I married a man that does. A genius, genius man who can take a bite of something I love in a restaurant and replicate it at home. 
And that's the shrimp and grits story, kids.


Champagne
You know what goes well after a delicious home cooked meal? A little bubbly. I'm aware that champagne is a celebratory drink but you know what? Celebrate the little things in life. Find something to celebrate. Just have a glass because it's pretty and it tastes good and you can. Life's too short! I don't know a lot, but I do know that.


Painting My Nails
 Ok, really this is just turning into "What I Did Last Night..." instead of "What I'm Loving..." but whatever. For someone who loves getting a mani/pedi as much as I do, I've become such a convert of doing my own nails at home. If you're not doing it - you need to try it!


A.Co is Getting Married!
One of my bloggy friends (I think I just made that word up - it's fun to say, though) A. of A.Co Est. 1984 (I KNOW you've seen me mention her before) is GETTING MARRIED TODAY!  So, so excited for her! Head on over to blog if you're not reading it already and be sure to tell her congratulations!


I really, really, really hope to have the giveaway up on Monday. I want it to be big and grand and fabulous because I'm obsessed with you all and you deserve awesomeness. So I'm trying to do multiple prizes, ahh! - keep in mind no one sponsors this so I have to fund it all! Fingers crossed, though. It's just taking me awhile to find the perfect prizes. Be sure to follow over to the right with Google Friend Connect so you can enter!

Oh, and please leave me a suggestion on yesterdays Anniversary Post if you haven't already! Loving all your responses so far, thank you so much to everyone who has commented :)


Ok, so that's What I'm Loving right now! What about you?

45 comments:

Marie said...

I agree with you, we should celebrate the little things in life!:D

Love painting my nails too.:D

***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com

Turquoise and Lily said...

wow you have so many collections of channel nail polish! :)

Marcie said...

I love champagne too but don't drink it enough. I love your idea to drink it with dinner.

xo M

Emma said...

i too love doing my nails at home! i love picking out a new shade of polish when i shop!

Josie said...

I love that you want to celebrate the little things -- so lovely!
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Emma said...

I've been painting my own nails lately and am loving changing it up every week!

Emma
TheSidewalkIsMyRunway

Krystal said...

painting my nails is in too because I just got opi's glitzerland!! yay!

Leia said...

I love painting my nails, too!

Leia

lucy and sarah said...

Wow, never heard of the shrimp and grits. Still not sure I could eat it though. Looks very interesting. Hope you have a cool weekend.

OneCraftyFox said...

Looking forward to your anniversary post. Would like to hear the engagement story and where you honeymooned... I know, I know, so unoriginal!

Have a fantastic weekend, and enjoy those shrimp and grits :)

Kari said...

I love the colours on the nail polish :)

Fashion Meets Food said...

I have never ever had Shrimp and Grits before. I absolutely adore painting my own nails though. Still get Pedi's but polishing my own nails is saving me a crazy amount of money.

xo

My Republic of Fashion said...

I have never tried shrimp and grits, but it sounds nice! And always yes to champagne...love!! sarahD:)

Melissa said...

Great list! Inspires me to have a glass of bubbly tonight.

Isabel said...

ive never had grits....it sounds good tho!

Sherin said...

Great loves. I love painting my nails these days as well.

Christie said...

I love champagne and painting my nails too! :) So pumped for the bride! Can't wait to see her pictures from her big day! :)

CC said...

"Find something to celebrate" Amen to that, sister! ;)
Xx

Kayla said...

Love your thoughts on champagne. There is almost always a bottle in my fridge... if not more than one. I like to sit and drink it, cause it's nice outside, I got a good movie in the mail from netflix, the boy is actually home not working at night... needless to say I FIND excuses for some bubbly and a toast!

Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

ryan said...

I love painting my nails too, and I am loving almond champagne lately, it's so yummy

Jaime @ La vie...J'aime said...

Gotta love champagne! Happy Fri!

Zabrinah said...

Great post! I love everything about it! Congrats to your friend!

:)

Best wishes from one blogger to another,

~Zabrinah

Ying said...

Shrimp and grits! I was born a Yankee but have lived in the South for almost ten years. I couldn't stand eating grits...until I had shrimp and grits...I fell head over heels in love! THE best dish, ever.

mrs. origami said...

bubbly is always great!

Rachel said...

Love those Chanel polishes!

Valerie said...

Oooh, I'm loving champagne too! And I'm loving the summer weather we've finally had the last few days. Have a great weekend, Katie!

xo
Valerie

Closet Fashionista said...

LOVE the last two, and the 2nd...meh XD And the first I like shrimp, but not with grits..haha
YAYY for married! I'm so excited for her :D
http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com

Pop Champagne said...

I love home cooked meals too, and painting my nails!

Couture Carrie said...

Yay for champagne!

xoxox,
CC

Maria at Bachman's Sparrow said...

I've never tried grits before! That looks delicious, gotta love a cooking husband!

xoxo Maria

Kristin said...

I'm always up for bubbly...any day of the week! xoxo

Jammer said...

woo hoo! Happy wedding to A.Co!

http://jammer10am.blogspot.com/

style'n said...

Love shrimp and grits (so southern!) and my pink champagne!!! have a fabulous weekend,
naina

Jen said...

Sweetie, what's wrong? You're the third person that I've come across that's not feeling well. Get better soon!! Being sick is just no fun.

xo

Joanne Faith said...

I'm loving going out for dinner for no reason - that is how I celebrate little things in life!

http://www.joannefaith.com

Len♥reNeverM♥re said...

YUM!
Chanel nails are the best~
Enjoy your weekend!
xo

Jessica said...

I'm loving everything in this post! Seriously, this is a great reminder to pick up a bottle of nice wine or champagne for tonight. I feel like we don't treat ourselves very often anymore!

Collette Osuna said...

Hello.....just found your blog...really love it....Im a new follower:)

Audrey Allure said...

I love painting my own nails too :)

Scarlet Letters said...

That restaurant looks amazing! Quoting Cartman on a menu is pure genius!

Love painting my nails too :)

Miss T said...

such a geat ideas. :) im loving my computer thats has been sick from virus :D

Jen said...

A giveaway with multiple prizes?? You fricken rock!! See ya Monday! ;-)

Cathy Benavides said...

Can you please come visit me in Austin and teach me how to do my eye makeup and how to paint my nails? I am in awe of your mad skillz yo! BTW, I love champagne.....especially in mimosa form :)

Dina's Days said...

Those Chanel colors are to die for! Can't wait for the fall collection to come out, the colors are beautiful.

Stop by Dina's Days!

Bren said...

I'm kind of obsessed with Thrifty chocolate chip ice cream cones. Reminds me of being a kid.:)

xoxo,
Bren @ Chasing Beauty