September 7, 2010

NYX Review

I've written before about how I love NYX Cosmetics. It's a drugstore priced brand, but I can't find it in any drugstores around here. It is sold at Ulta, and while I've picked up plenty of things there, they don't carry the entire line. That my friends, is what cherryculture.com is for. Throw in the 20% off discount code they had a couple of weeks ago and I'm there. Well, it's online but - you get the idea.
Here's what I got:


9 eyeshadows and 2 lipglosses.  Amazing! Beautiful colors and super cute packaging. The pigmentation and color payoff you get with NYX products is always great, so I can't wait to get lots of use out of this.

Exact same idea, except in neutrals. 

Powder Blush in Pinky, Peach and Angel - $6.00 each, were on sale for $5.00
Cute packaging and great pigmentation. I know the last picture is bad, but I was trying to give you somewhat of an idea of what the colors look like. 

Concealer Jar in Yellow and Green - $5.50 each, were on sale for $5.00
(Do you see that these have different packaging? Driving. me. crazy.) Yellow and green - why? Because green is good for redness and yellow is good for under eye circles. Sold.

Eyeshadow Base in Skintone - $7.00, was on sale for $6.00
This gets good reviews and I'm happy to own it, but honestly I just needed to push over the $40 mark because that ended up being cheaper than having to pay for shipping. LOVE IT when you get to buy more to save money.

Here's how it broke down:
Subtotal - $53.00
Discount - $10.60
New total - $42.40
Shipping - Free

So, that's 8 things for $42.40. Not bad, huh? Granted I have to re-arrange my makeup to make room for every new purchase at this point, but I view that as more of a storage issue, not that I own too much makeup. 

That's just crazy talk.

31 comments:

Kayla said...

Those palettes are gorgeous. If I hadn't given in to the huge Stila sale on Hautelook I'd be jumping on it!

Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

Josie said...

I've ALWAYS wanted to try a purple smoky eye -- this looks like a fab way to do it!
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Fashion Cappuccino said...

Those eyeshadow looks so nice and the prices are really affordable too! Cool brand! xoxoxoxoo

Jessica said...

Incredible colors! But what a great price for everything! Can't say no to that.

Hope you had a great weekend!

Collette Osuna said...

I have an Ulta, lol...and Im soooo going there soon because of your enabler post!! lol....these are great.....who isnt always up for some new makeup??

thanks!!

Statements in Fashion

QueenDesi said...

wow!!
too many colors here..and those all my favorite.
great post, tks for share :)

THE SECRET LIFE OF "D"

in Love&Light
Queen D

kirstyb said...

great review - i loev make up xxxx

cathy. said...

I love the bronze palette, the colours look awesome.

xx

Gabby / Gypsy*Diaries said...

WOW! Not bad at all!
xxx

http://gypsy-diaries.blogspot.com/

P.S: I'm having a fantastic Hallelu boho cross body bag giveaway that I bet you'd love to enter! ;)

My Republic of Fashion said...

That looks like nice make-up. :)sarahD

Isabel said...

those look great...ill have to see if they sell that brand in canada

Daniela said...

great colors! I've got to check out that brand..

Stylelover said...

You always have great posts!!! love the review i wish we had that brans in Andorra!
xoxo
Vicky

Stylelover said...

You always have great posts! I loved this review! I only wish this brand was here in Andorra.
xoxo
Vicky

Krysten @ After 'I Do' said...

Wow you did great with these purchases!

Valerie said...

I love the reviews! These colors look fabulous. You're so funny. I agree- a girl can never have too much makeup or too many pairs of shoes.

xo
Valerie

Audrey Allure said...

I love NYX cosmetics :)

Krystal said...

I totally want those green/yellow jars! I have sticks that I use with those colors and they are a staple..

Jaime @ La vie...J'aime said...

Great prices, I think! I really like the palettes. :)

Hope you had a fab Labor Day!

Punctuation Mark said...

love those smokey eye kits!

junghwa by amy stewart said...

Score! Great deals. I need to stop by Ulta. Haven't been in there yet. :)

Kristin said...

Totally took a nap and forget that I had come to your blog. Oops. Don't worry. I'm not stalking you. HA! You know how to shop lady. That is quite a haul!

Jen said...

I love prices like these!! Especially when it comes to cosmetics. Thanks for the review dear!

lucy and sarah said...

thanks so much for giving out that website.

Alicia said...

i've always wondered about these products! definitely great prices!!

style'n said...

wow you got a lot of good stuff and then I saw the price-that's an amazing deal. I am not familiar with that website at all.

Fashion Meets Food said...

wow! I cannot believe how much makeup you got for under $50. I have never tried this brand but have heard absolutely fabulous things about it lately.

xo

Abby said...

Seems like lovely velvety eyeshadows!

Ansa said...

These are gorgeous. I have yet to try the NYX shadows but really want to. Love the single ones especially. xx

Danielle Barbe said...

never heard of it! going to have to look into it next time i'm at ulta.

Mimi said...

great items and great review! i've had really good experience with nyx products. :D

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/