September 17, 2010

What I'm Loving...

It's finally Friday! What a week. Jared has been out of town on business, so I've been handling the house and the dog solo, and today my parents leave on a 2 week trip to New England so I get Jared back AND we get Coco while they're gone, AND I have to go check on their house, plants, and mail daily. Ahh, the excitement of my... not exciting life. Anyway.
Here's what I'm loving:


Cocktail Rings
As I posted on Twitter, my cocktail ring was my favorite part of my game day ensemble last Saturday. Go figure, I put an outfit together and my favorite part is the $7 ring from Target. Whatever. I love it, and I'm developing a pretty serious cocktail ring addiction. Luckily for me and the bank account you can usually find them pretty cheap. My recent ones include this Target pretty, the shopthelook.net one I've mentioned a couple of times now, and I got a new one at Express about a week ago. (Which, by the way, Express had the usual by 1 get 1 for 50% off on their jewelry, PLUS another 20% off if you used your Express card. Very nice.)


Starsailor - In The Crossfire
This came on Alt Nation recently when Jared and I were in the car, and the lyrics caught my attention, so I turned it up a little. I kept doing that more and more, and by the time the song was over the radio was blaring, Jared was staring at me, and my eyes were welling up with tears because it was such a gorgeous song and I loved the words. Ok, and I'm weird and I just get like that sometimes. (It's been rough lately, what can I say?) I mean, look:
I don't see myself when I look in the mirror
I see who I should be
I don't see myself when I look in your eyes
Thank God for that

I don't see myself when I look cross the river
I see where I should be
I don't see myself when I look from the sky
Thank God for that

Beautiful, right? It ends with:

Trying to find some hope
From the ashes of their broken homes

I don't see myself when I look in the mirror
 
Trying to find some hope. Definitely something I'm relating to lately.


Fall Nail Polish Combinations
Yeah, I know, could I mention nail polish anymore lately? Well, probably. As mentioned on Twitter, I recently did my first fall mani/pedi. OPI's You Don't Know Jacques is on my toes and I've been obsessed with/blogging about it for a year. On my nails is Sephora by OPI in Already Famous with Only Gold For Me Top Coat layered on top of each ring finger. Gorgeous. All of them. 


Well... you!
I don't know what to say except thank you. On here and in my regular life, I've been overwhelmed at all the love and support coming my way lately. I don't deserve it, I don't know why I'm lucky enough to have it, and don't think for a minute it goes unnoticed or unappreciated. Thank you.


Ok, so that's What I'm Loving right now! What about you?

40 comments:

Mimi said...

i am loving cocktail rings too. :D

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

Kayla said...

Did you steal my list. I've been blasting that song for a while now. Luckily the boyfriend and I enjoy the same music or I'd have driven him off by now. And I just ordered that Chanel polish online. Can't wait for it!

Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

Josie said...

Cocktail rings!!! So fab. And you, my love, definitely deserve us -- it's us who barely deserve you and your strength and adorableness!
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

this free bird said...

Amen to all of this lady - cocktail rings and every last detail!! You are on my mind and in my prayers. I think about you so often and hope you're hanging in there. One thing's for sure - your sense of humor is still intact and it's been a lifeline to me.

xoxo and have a GREAT weekend!
Carrie

FashionJazz said...

Love the cocktail rings and nail polish hun! Have a lovely wknd xxx

Closet Fashionista said...

Love it all! But I had never heard that song before, hehe
http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

Isabel said...

i love cocktail rings too!

Collette Osuna said...

Hello jewelry!!!, lol...you KNOW Im a HUGE fan of this post.....I truly, without a doubt...can NEVER have enough !!!

Have a Fashionable Day:)
Statements in Fashion Blog

Stylelover said...

I am loving the same things you do, but Insted I am love you!
xoxo
Vicky

jemina said...

Katie darling, how are u sweetie? been thinking about u. and YES, those cocktail rings had me swoon :)), LOVE always, Jemina, xoxo

Ilenia said...

lovely blog...visit me www.dressapple.blogspot.com

Jaime @ La vie...J'aime said...

yes- gotta love cocktail rings! i love the elephant one in the pic. Enjoy your weekend!

Jen said...

Don't you just love how cocktail rings can dress up any plan, ordinary outfit!! Love the rings at F21. At $3 a pop, you can get a whole hand full!! :-)

FASHION ICE said...

i cant live w/out large rings! awesome.
Come Follow & Vote for me xoxo

Couture Carrie said...

Awwwww very sweet post, darling!
We love you too!

xoxox,
CC

Rachel said...

LOVE cocktail rings!!

Pop Champagne said...

those cocktail rings are cool, I really like the elephant one!!

Ashley said...

I love that elephant cocktail ring, it is so so cute! And so craving the new Chanel nail polishes too, I love the khaki rose one best!

-Ashley
http://breakfastatsaks.blogspot.com

A La Mode et Plus! said...

I am in love with cocktail ring lately too! I am glad you are getting lots of support because you deserve it!

Anna Jane said...

i'm loving that it's Friday :) i do like starsailor though..i had a thing for them in high school but i may have to revisit that phase of my life!

xx anna jane
http://seejaneworkplaylive.blogspot.com

Sherin said...

I love statement coctail rings as well. I bought one with a spider on it and it's so cool.
Hope you have a good weekend.

Kristin said...

I'm loving your positive attitude, finger candy and fall pedis too! I'm going to get a teal pedi this weekend in honor of Teal Toes!

Grace said...

I am a huge fan of that OPI shade.

Love Grace.

Cheryl: Oh to Be a Muse said...

that OPI polish looks just like the color i'm wearing now. i love it! and cocktail rings are always wonderful. i need one like that elephant ring.

http://www.ohtobeamuse.com

Oh, My Darling said...

Aw, I'm simply loving all this love!

style'n said...

oh very sweet..love your posts and your cocktail rings. I think I may need to add a few more to my collection :)
have a wonderful weekend.
naina

Jessie said...

Love the rings!

xx
Jessie
http://87life.blogspot.com

Jessie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carrie said...

i love cocktail rings too! it always completes an outfit!

i am now your newest follower. come check out my blog. and follow me too? thank you:)

Carrie
http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

ching said...

now i'm itching for cocktail rings.haha

Jess said...

Have a wonderful weekend!!!!

Elle Sees said...

I'm loving fall polish. How re you feeling this week?

Audrey Allure said...

Those cocktail rings are beautiful! Hope you have a lovely weekend! :)

Zarna said...

i love your elephant cocktail ring!! hope your weekend is going well!

stayfabulous,
zarna
http://zarnasrunway.blogspot.com

Lane :) said...

i adore that cocktail ring. its so cool. :)

gleenn said...

Your nail polish is very sophisticated and those rings are just beautiful :)

Win a $75 gift certificate giveaway at Creative Fashion!

Fashion Meets Food said...

Loving cocktail rings, and have searched EVERYWHERE for that Chanel polish. I am so bummed I cant find it!!!

xo

Jessica said...

I can't get enough cocktail rings. I love to wear them to work too - makes the hohum day feel so much more exciting!

Have a wonderful week!

Taj Acosta said...

Love those cocktail rings!!

bravegrrl said...

i love that elephant ring!