October 4, 2010

Awards!

There are a few people I need to thank for some lovely blog awards, so this might get a little lengthy! Sometimes it takes me awhile to get around to making a post like this, but anytime someone is kind enough to pass on an award to me I put it over to the right under Fashion's Maven Awards. If for any reason you've given me something and you don't see it there, please let me know! I do the best I can but I get pretty absent minded sometimes! Ok, so here we go:

Jenny at Spry On The Wall gave me The Versatile Blogger award. Thank you so much Jenny! 
Here are the rules:
I'm supposed to list 7 random facts about me then pass this on to some other bloggers. Here we go:

1. I was an Alpha Delta Pi in college at the University of Alabama. I've mentioned that before but I'm sure a lot of people didn't know that, so there you go.
2. I'm allergic to peanuts. Actually I'm allergic to like 100 things, but for some reason a lot of people (my Dad, my husband, etc.) think this is funny so - haha? It's not severe or anything. Otherwise it wouldn't be funny. I don't guess? I'm surrounded by people with a weird sense of humor. Anyway.
3. I consider it acceptable to start listening to Christmas music in September - secretly. I consider it acceptable to do so publicly in November. I can do it 24/7 and you have to keep your mouth shut about it starting on Thanksgiving. Those are my rules! It's October and I haven't listened to any yet so I'm doing pretty good this year.
4. I went to my first Alabama football game when I was 4. Actually it was an A-Day game, which a lot of you are familiar with. It's a practice game (so there's no opponent), but I was confused (4! I was 4!) so I kept asking if we were winning. My Dad can't stand anyone at any age not properly understanding sports so he kept explaining how it wasn't a real game, it was practice so we were just playing for fun and not playing another team. I never got it and kept asking if we were winning. Finally my Mom told me yes, we were winning. I imagine my Dad was upset. I was happy with that answer and stopped asking.
5. I'm pretty OCD about my television watching. If I like a show, I've probably seen every episode of it and I'll continue to watch it until it goes off the air, even if I don't like it anymore. Grey's Anatomy is an example of this. I haven't liked it since Season 2, but I've watched every episode of it so I doubt I'll ever stop. Because of this I'm hesitant to take on any new shows. I'm also scared of liking a show and it going off the air, so I try and make sure it's a hit before I get involved. The bottom line of this is that I'm far, far too involved in television. Don't worry - I realize that. I just can't stop it.
5. I like veggies on my pizza. No meat, please! 
6. I'm 27 years old and I still mess up the laundry sometimes. Why can't I just throw everything in at once?! I don't understand this! I never even touched a washer or dryer until I went to college. I massively screwed up a large number of my clothes shortly after moving into the dorm, including several new things from Abercrombie & Fitch (Freshman year of college! Don't judge me!) so my Mom had to drive down and help me fix them.
7. While we're at it, I'm 27 years old but if I don't answer my phone, my mother will show up at my door. This happened this past Saturday. It's ok, though. I worry people sometimes when I try to disappear from society. If you're reading - love you, Mom :)

I want to pass this on to:


Mimi from What Mimi Writes gave me An Inspiring Blog award. Thank you Mimi!
Here are the rules:

1. Post this award (and the icon) on your blog.
 Done! Over to the right :)
2. List 3 things/people that inspire you. 
My husband
My family
Other bloggers!
3. Award 5 (or more) other blogs that you believe are an inspiration for others.
4. Let these bloggers know they won this award.


Jessica from style obsession and Lane from *Viva La Fashion* both gave me A Blog With Substance award. Thanks so much girls!
Here are the rules:

1. Thank the person who gave it to you
Thank you to Jessica and Lane! I love both your blogs so much and I appreciate you passing this on to me!
2. Sum up your blogging philosophy, motivation, and experience using five words 
Having some fun with fashion :)
3. Pass it on to 10 (one award said 5, one said 10 - since I got it twice I'll do 10!) other blogs that I feel have substance


jemina passed on the Sunshine Award to me. Thank you so much Jemina!
Since there weren't any rules posted with this one, I'm going to pass it on to a few bloggers in particular that have meant a lot to me lately with all I'm going through:


There are so, so many more but I'm realizing I can't even begin to list and thank everyone for what you've done lately. 

Thank you to everyone for passing these on to me and to all of you for just - everything. I love every blog I've listed so please go check them out, I know I'm always looking for new ones to read. Thank you for the love, the support, and the comments. Hope everyone has an ok Monday :)

Thank you all so much for entering my CSN Giveaway! I will announce the winner tomorrow! :)  

59 comments:

Kayla said...

Wow you really racked in the awards this time around. Congrats and thanks for passing the sunshine award to me. I'm allergic to all nuts and for some reason a peanut allergy makes people in my life laugh too. My Mom would be proud of you for the Christmas music. I used to be so embarrassed when my she would pick me up from school in August blaring The Carpenters Christmas album. Now if she doesn't take it out by this time of year I know something is wrong!

Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

CC said...

Congratulations on all of the awards! :)
Xx

Tara said...

wowwww, u got many awards, congratz.
Nice blog , if you don't mind check my new blog post " Denimology " and leave your comment.

Thankssss...

www.hottalotta.blogspot.com

Leia said...

Wow, congrats on all the awards and thanks so much for passing one onto me!

Leia

Josie said...

You've been racking these up, love! Congratulations, my dear! And thank you so much for passing one along to me!
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Arushi Khosla (FabBlab) said...

Congrats to everyone who got an award!

Purses Pastries Etc... said...

Congrats for all your awards!
BTW... I think listening to Christmas music in September is perfectly acceptable too ;)

this free bird said...

Katie you deserve each and every single one of these awards. You have been going through hell and all I can say is DON'T STOP OR YOUR ASS'LL GET BURNED!!

I realize that's highly inappropriate, but it's the best advice someone once gave me when I was in the fire. It literally stuck in my mind every.single.time I started to get down.

I'm going to email you because glory hallelujah I've been rewarded for not ripping out every single one of blogger's last effing hairs!!

ps-loved reading this.

x's and o's to infinitah!
carrie

this free bird said...

oh and you also have an amazeballs blog that i don't know how you tend to in the middle of all the aggravated mayhem. just sayin

Collette Osuna said...

Katie...congrats on all of your awards:).....thanks for passing the award onto me.....how sweet!!
Ill post and pass it soon as well:)


Stop by and say Hello ♥
Statements in Fashion Blog

Closet Fashionista said...

YAYYY!!! Congrats on all the awards!! You totally deserve them!! :D
http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

Blushingloves said...

Aaaww!!Thank you so much hun for the award!I'll post it as soon as I can!!
And congrats on your awards!Ohh!My Gosh so many!But you deserve them all!!!;)
xxxx

Miss T said...

ohh lovely lovely. Congrats gorgeous. :)
I've been listening to santa baby this month. hehe :D

Isabel said...

Thank you :) and congrats on all the awards you received!

janettaylor said...

Congrats Honey!

Grit and Glamour said...

Thank for the award, doll...I appreciate it!

♥ V
http://www.gritandglamour.com
twitter: @gritandglamour

Cheryl: Oh to Be a Muse said...

oh your mom is so protective. that's cute!

congrats on all your great awards Katie!

http://ohtobeamuse.com

Dobbygirl said...

Awww! Thank you so much for the award! I'll post it as soon as I can get Blogger back on track - grrr. Congratulations on all of your well deserved awards!!! xoxo Jenny

ediot said...

hi darling-thanks for stopping by me- thanks for sharing these facts about you- its always nice to read more about the bloggers ;)
hope youre having a good monday dear

xx

style'n said...

Wow congrats on the awards! I was an Alpha Delta Pi at UNC Chapel Hill!!!
And a big thanks for giving me a Versatile Blogger award. You are so sweet. I really need to do a post on awards too :)

emily☆ said...

THanks Hun!! I will write this one up asap! xx

Fashion By He said...

congrats, love the blog

come follow the first ever fashion blog from a Guys POV, let He know what you think

http://www.fashionbyhe.com

Daniela said...

wow congrats on all those awards!! have a great week :)

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Congrats on all of the awards, sweetie! You totally deserve them and I loved getting to know more about u. That's hysterical that you still watch Greys even though u no longer like it. So something I would do :)

Kristin said...

Ummmm yeah, shizit talking is over for the year. Boy did ya'll put a beatin' on us on Sat. HA! Congrats on all your awards!

Valerie said...

Congrats on your awards, Katie! And thank you so much for mine! I'm dying over your Christmas music habits. I LOVE Christmas music too and have a million cd's and get SO excited to listen every year. I try my best to hold off until after Thanksgiving, but sometimes I start in November too.

xo
Valerie

michelle_ said...

congrats for many tags and awards :)

GLISTERS AND BLISTERS (DOT) COM

la petite coquine said...

Congratulations on your many well deserved awards! Absolutely loved getting to know you a little better!

jemina said...

Congrats on the awards darling, you more than deserve them. LOVE, xoxo

Marcie said...

Katie you are so sweet! I am so glad to fit into the "inspiration" category. :) That makes my day.

And FYI, I have my Pandora christmas music playing in my office.

xo M

Jaime @ La vie...J'aime said...

WOW congrats on the awards!!! Hope you had a great weekend :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Congrats,sweetie on all the amazing awards:) Have a great day

Jen said...

Hi Katie :) Thank you so much for the lovely award! So happy!

Fashion Cappuccino said...

Congrats for the award!! I totally relate to you about the laundry thing! I have no idea how to operate or bother to learn so a lot of my clothes shrink into tiny little pieces or came out in different colors so many times! Oops! xoxoxoxoxoxoo

Grace said...

I'm the same way! That is why I'm careful with tv. I pick one show, and watch in its entirety before I move on.

Love Grace.

Krystal said...

aww thanks for the award!!! =) this was a majorally fun post, i love reading these!

drollgirl said...

daaaaaaaaang, that is a lot of awards! congratulations to YOU!

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

Congrats on the well deserved awards!

Jen said...

This is exactly why I love awards... we get to find out more about our favorite bloggers (you!!). Hmmmm... I think you should win a few more so that we can get even more dirt from you ;-)

Lisa Lisa Lisa said...

It was fun reading your facts! Too cute!

Congrats to all the recipents. Some of the blogs you selected are among my favorites =)

Mimi said...

you're welcome and thanks for giving me an award! i really enjoy visiting your blog! :D

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

Jess said...

Wow - Congratulations girl!! Thats pretty commendable ;)

Love that you have rules about listening to Christmas music!! Too funny.

xo

Anna Jane said...

thanks so much for the award, lady! very cool to learn more about you...i only like veggies on my pizza, too. i also love your hilarious laundry story (i throw everything in at once, most of the time).

xx anna jane
http://seejaneworkplaylive.blogspot.com

Jammer said...

Awww thank you so much!! :)

I'm with you on the laundry!! Except my downfall comes with ironing. I literally melted a hole in a shirt yesterday lol.

Bren said...

Katie! Thank you so much for the award, and congrats on all of yours! So deserved!

Wish you lived closer too! Would love to have you join in on our blogger meet ups!

xoxo,
Bren @ Chasing Beauty

Marie said...

Congratulations on your blog awards!!!:D

Thanks for tagging me!:D

***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com

ryan said...

Congrats on all the awards! You have a great blog!

Miss Caitlin S. said...

you totally deserve all of these awards, go you! That's cute your first game was at age 4... diehard fan, huh! How'd your team fare this week??? Oregon rocked and I was thinking about you as I got excited about my team! haha today these girls at my work were singing xmas music, which I probably would have enjoyed except I was so stressed!!! And november is totally xmas music time! I'm OCD about tv too. Thanks for passing on that last one to me, it's cute!

Prutha said...

wow..thats a lot of awards..congrats darling... keep up the great work

Rachel said...

Congrats on all the awards! You deserve them!

I haven't listened to any Christmas music yet this year, but I'm already excited for the holidays! :)

Taj Acosta said...

Nice! Lotsa awards! And thank you sooo berry much for thinking of moi! I will post it to my sidebar right away! And I am the same way with Christmas music! I could listen to it all year if my hubs would let me!! xoxo

A.Co said...

Congrats on all the awards, Katie! Thanks for passing one onto meeee :D

A.Co @ A.Co est. 1984

My Republic of Fashion said...

Congrats on the awards! I also feel its acceptable to start listening to xmas music in september!! A bit of Jingle Bells always cheers me up!! :)SarahD

Diana Mieczan said...

WOW!!! Congrats on the awards,sweetie
I am so like you with Christmas music:)
Hugs and kisses

Diana Mieczan said...

WOW!!! Congrats on the awards,sweetie
I am so like you with Christmas music:)
Hugs and kisses

Elle Sees said...

you totally made my day!

LyddieGal said...

Big congrats on all your awards!!!

I'm the same way with tv shows -- I take them very seriously. Never miss an episode, have petitioned for several shows to not get canceled, I used to record all my favorites and keep them in my dresser.
Then the digital age arrived and I realized I could be using my dresser for more important things, like clothes.

Chic on the Cheap

kelli g. { bug miscellany } said...

wow! congrats on all your awards! i'm new to your blog, but i can already tell you deserve them. ;)

Oh, My Darling said...

Aw, thanks for passing it along, lady!!! Also, I'm definitely with you on the Christmas music.