October 20, 2010

Getting to know you better...

Carrie at this free bird tagged me to do a few questions for a Getting To Know You Tag. I loved all the questions and couldn't wait to put together this post! Here we go:

What is your favorite time of the day? 
It would be easier to say what my LEAST favorite time of day is - morning. I'm not a morning person, I never have been, and it's safe to say at this point I never will be. If I see the sunrise, it's because I haven't been to bed yet. I'm a night owl, through and through. I like night time, I'm more productive at night, you get the picture.
weheartit 
 Where and when did you meet the love of your life?
Jared and I went to high school together and met the day of registration in 9th grade. We didn't start dating until we were 21 and in college, though. I could ramble on about this for awhile (and I have, there are posts around our anniversary if you're curious), but I'll try to sum it up - I can be the world's most indecisive person and I never for one second questioned if I was supposed to be married to Jared. I've never been more confident about anything, ever, in my entire life.
At the Georgia Dome for a Bama game in 2009
What 3 words would your friends outside the blogging world use to describe you?  
Funny, smart, caring. (I cheated and asked Jared. I'm horrible at answering stuff like this. What's a word for that?!)
Lindsey, Abby, Me, Caroline, Stacey
What country would you like to visit and why? 
France. Do I really need to list all the reasons?! Really, so many countries in Europe would make me happy. Jared took a business trip to Italy a couple of years ago but I couldn't go because I was in school and had 5 tests. It was heartbreaking.
weheartit
What is your favorite dish to cook? 
We've been through this. I can't cook! Well I guess I can, but it's not anything you'd be excited to eat. I do like to bake around Christmas though. By bake I mean something practically already made but I like to decorate it.
Maybe I'll make these this holiday season?
Salt or sugar?
SUGAR.
weheartit
What are your must have make-up or beauty items?   
Ok, you can imagine how hard this question is for me! Some of my favorite make-up items are Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer, Chanel Inimitable mascara, Urban Decay Naked Palette (I see a lot of comments about it - it's supposed to be coming back in stock, probably for the holidays for sure, so keep looking. It's worth it!), NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils, MAC lipstick in Creme de Nude, and so many more things. If I love something, you'll hear me talk about it at some point!
weheartit
What are your favorite flowers? 
I'm actually really horrible at being able to identify flowers. Tulips are a favorite, though. Our very first Valentine's Day together I knew Jared didn't have much money, and I knew what the mark-up on roses was for Valentine's Day, so one day I made a big point of telling him how I DON'T like roses (they're not my favorite, but I don't mind them, I just didn't want him spending $100 he didn't have on flowers) so on Valentine's Day he showed up with tulips from the grocery store. They were gorgeous and I've always remembered that :) Oh, and to this day he's never given me roses on Valentine's Day. He always makes a point to find something different instead. I love it.
weheartit
What do you think are your worst vices, honestly?  
I have a bad temper. Especially lately with everything going on, there are times when I just want to scream and throw things. What can I say, I'm emotional I guess. I don't guess that's really a vice, more a character flaw, but I'm still going with it.
weheartit
At what time of your life were you the happiest and why? 
You know, it seems like every time in my life (my adult life, at least) I've either tried to make a plan or thought to myself that everything was going great, life has come along and kicked my ass. I don't know if that's the whole "We plan, God laughs" thing or what, but it's making me change my perspective. Lately I try to wake up each day and and just think about what I have to look forward to that day.  It's much easier so I think I'm going to stick with it. What do you think?
weheartit

I love tags and I REALLY love tags where you get to learn more about people, so everyone please take the time to do this if you'd like, and if you don't want to make a post, leave your answers in a comment. I know I'd love to read them :)

38 comments:

Kristin said...

Sugar. YES. I'm way too addicted! You and your friends look so lovely btw. : )

this free bird said...

Katie I loved reading this. I love that you're so brutally honest and that you have Jared to lean on during tough days.

I'm a total hot head so can really relate and btw - bring.on.the.night.

xoxo,
Carrie

sacramento said...

Very interesting to get to know you better.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Café Bellini said...

Thanks for this fun and honest post! I like the chanel inimitable, too, it's currently my favourite. And I love tulips. I need to bake some of those Chanel goodies, whatever they are....

Collette Osuna said...

Love it Katie..great answers...honest answers, hehehe..and Ill be going with you to France...ahem, when are we leaving?

Enter my Tulle Giveaway♥

kirstyb said...

lovely post and that cake looks amazing xxxxxx

Jessica said...

Love this post! I think I'll work on one too - as well as finally post the award you passed along to me a few weeks ago! I've had it bookmarked on my computer to do it when I have time to concentrate! Haha.

Tulips are also my favorite flower. They're so much more elegant than roses anyway!

Krystal said...

this was fun to read!! i met mark in HS too :) 10th grade!

Closet Fashionista said...

Ooh love this!! Maybe I'll do it for tomorrow, I didn't have any ideas yet, hehe :)
http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

Grit and Glamour said...

Nice to read more about you! I have a really bad temper too. But I consider that my character flaw. My real vice is dirty gin martinis...they eventually lead to all my other vices.

♥ V
http://www.gritandglamour.com
twitter: @gritandglamour

Anna Jane said...

love learning more about you, Katie! i met my boyfriend (fiance now) in high school, too.

xx aj
http://seejaneworkplaylive.blogspot.com/

Cheryl: Oh to Be a Muse said...

tulips are great, and france is super beautiful.

http://ohtobeamuse.com

The Stylish Nomad said...

Great to learn more about you! Love posts like these!
Seems like you have great friends!

xx
K

michelle_ said...

tags are always interesting to read !
i loved reading yours here :)

www.GlistersAndBlisters.com

Isabel said...

i have a sugar problem too lol

Ashleigh said...

awww, fun! I have a hot temper too, I wish I could have more patience!

Daniela said...

I love reading these and I love how honest you are when answering.. And I realized I'm going to HAVE to visit weheartit - love these pictures!
Daniela@D,etc

LyddieGal said...

I hope you make it to France soon, Europe is so beautiful and shouldn't be missed!

Chic on the Cheap

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

Fun post! I'm not a morning person either.

janettaylor said...

Lovely post...

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Valerie said...

This was really fun to read! So cute that you and your husband went to HS together.

xo
Valerie

la petite coquine said...

It's so wonderful getting to know you better, especially as a relatively new reader! I, too, have a bit of a temper (yikes!) and I'm glad to hear that someone else struggles with it! Sometimes I feel like I'm crazier than everyone else!

kelli g. { bug miscellany } said...

i love these posts too! :)

i TOTALY agree with you on that last point you made. juuuuust when things look like they're getting good, BAM! it's uncanny. i think you've got the right attitude, tho. :) and i'm going to try my best to do that as well.

thanks for the inspiration! :)

Couture Carrie said...

Fun tag, darling!
Love these pics!

xoxox,
CC

Dobbygirl said...

I loved finding out more about you! I'm a total night person too, I'm most creative, and do my best work at night! I'm planning to do the post with the award you gave me next week, I promise!!!

bravegrrl said...

i love reading these kinds of posts... lets the readers know more :)

Taj Acosta said...

Awe your such a sweetheart! I love the makeup part (of course!) So fun reading! hugs doll ;)

Jaime @ La vie...J'aime said...

This is a fun tag- I am SOOO not a morning person and I think I am usuually salty but can't deny sugar either!

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Katie I so loved reading this and getting to learn more about you. Totally loved it :) xoxo

SWEATshirtDRESSshirt said...

this was so fun to read! especially the part about you and jared. that is so cute that you guys met at the 9th grade registration. :)

XO,
SWEATshirt DRESSshirt

Becky said...

Great tag!
Thank you for commenting on my blog (^_^)

Becky said...

Great tag!
Thank you for commenting on my blog (^_^)

Punctuation Mark said...

Pleasure getting to know you better!!! hope you're having a nice one!!!

A La Mode et Plus! said...

I loved this!! I answered it too :)
And i totally understand you on the night thing. I am the same way.

Cristina @FUJI FILES said...

Thanks for sharing! Unfortunately it would take me years to come up with answers I felt were witty enough, but sure loved reading yours ;)

xx Cristina

Anonymous said...

HAHA! Oh Chanel...

http://red-soledfashionista.blogspot.com

Bren said...

I'm a night person too, and feel like that's when my brain is working right. I knew you were a night person based on the times that we're twittering. ;) Sometimes it's pretty late here, and I know that it's later where you are due to the time change!

I loved hearing about the flowers! So cute that Jared gets creative rather than going with the typical red roses.

Great makeup picks too, btw!


xoxo,
Bren

Molly said...

Since I'm relatively new to your blog it was so fun learning more about you!!!
And I totally agree with the "We Plan, God Laughs" snippet you wrote. I'm trying to hold on to my plans with an open hand... easier said than done, right?

Leaving the House in THIS?!?!