November 18, 2010

Glossing Creams

One of my must have hair styling products is a glossing or finishing cream. For me, it's the final step when I'm straightening my hair and it's also a good touch-up on days where I'm re-styling my hair. Here are several I've used and my take on them:


Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Cream
What it is:
An antifrizz, shine-promoting finishing formula for all hair types.

What it does:
This superstar formula delivers shine-boosting olive oil spheres that create seriously soft, reflective shine for all-day-stunning strands.

What else you need to know:
The Glossing Collection uses breakthrough encapsulation technology to help deliver brilliantly reflective shine from root to tip, all day long. 

 Price: 
$23 for 4 oz

 Oscar Blandi Pronto Gloss Instant Glossing Cream
What it is:
A glossing cream that delivers weightless shine to all hair types.

What it does:
So Shiny. So fast. So Pronto! Pronto Glossing Cream is the most versatile styling product you'll own. It delivers weightless shine to all hair types, while it simultaneously controls frizz and tames flyaways. A Keratin protein boost provides heat protection and a multi-UV shield prevents the color-depleting effects of the heat and sun. Cystine copolymers deliver a glossy, brilliant finish—making this cream everything your hair needs, in one tube.

What else you need to know:
DEA-free formula. 

Price: 
$19 for 4.2 oz
 
 John Frieda Frizz-Ease Secret Weapon Flawless Finishing Creme 
What it is:
 Exceptional crème, applied to dried hair, instantly transforms puffy, parched hair into a perfectly smooth, supple, shiny texture.

What it does:
  Replaces natural oils lost to blow-drying and daily styling stress.
Works instantly on dry hair to camouflage imperfections by smoothing away dullness, puffiness and frayed split ends.
Immediately restores "silkening" moisture to "quench" parched hair.
Creates ultra-glossy, supple hair with an incredibly healthy-looking finish

What else you need to know:
Contains sunscreen.

Price: 
$5.99 for 4 oz 

Obviously John Freida wins for price here, hands down. Oscar Blandi wins for scent because I love it's lemon-y smell. As far as how they work? They all work the same in my experience, so my vote?
Save some cash.

31 comments:

Marie said...

I like using glossing creams, might try the John Frieda.:D

I have the Oscar Blandi and I like the scent too!:D

***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com

Chelsea Lane said...

ooh thanks for this! I've been wanting a new gloss product. which one to try! :)

xoxo

Oslo by fashion said...

Nice poost!

jemina said...

WOW!!! i didn't know that there is such product as glossing cream, thanks so much for sharing, LOVE it!!!

XOXO
J

this free bird said...

I'd love to try the Fekkai, but the Freida is more in my range right now and I have been using some of his shampoo that has been REALLY good. Have you ever tried the Kerastase finishing hair sauce? I ration it, but do like it!!

xo,
carrie
ps-so fun to talk w/you today even though i'm a yapper!!

Josie said...

I've never tried one of these but considering that I absolutely LOVE my John Freida shampoo, I might try it out!
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

janettaylor said...

Great tips! :)

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Krystal said...

i need to try a frizz cream..

Collette Osuna said...

Nice nice...I use Nexxus products....might give one of these a whirl next time:)

Stop by and say Hello ♥
Statements in Fashion Blog

sacramento said...

All these wonderful tips. I do not know we would do withou your discoveries.
Un abrazo my friend.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

hiven said...

lovely x hivennn.

FashionJazz said...

Love glossing creams! Hope you having a lovely week hun xx

style'n said...

I have the Fekkai one...I don't use it that often...I use more serum. But I love anything Fekkai!

Isabel said...

i never use stuff like this but i might have to try it out

Jaime @ La vie...J'aime said...

Def the $6 one! What a steal!

Audrey Allure said...

Great review, and great deal!

Closet Fashionista said...

I've never used hair cream before...might have to give it a try sometime :D These products sound great
http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

Valerie said...

I haven't used glossing cream in ages, but maybe I need to. These sound awesome! Thanks for the info.

xo
Valerie

A La Mode et Plus! said...

I am definitely going to try the freida one! My hair is in need of a little gloss :)

Fashion Rehab said...

Lovely review, too bad it won't have any effect on my hair lol. :)

la petite coquine said...

I'm crazy for Oscar Blandi's dry shampoo for that same lemon scent!

Justine said...

I am a huge fan of Fekkai. I am just so sad I can't use it very often. You see, I have allergies to things like dust, pollen, purfume, anything strong scent in general. One time I finished showering with Fekkai shampoo and I sneezed like no other.

But I'll still use it - I love it! Just can't use it very often.

Just Better Together

Nubiasnonsense said...

I might have to try John Freida. hmm

MarchMusings said...

Love John Frieda and think he deserves a place in the Hall of Fame of Hairdressing or something similar!! Seriously, only after I used Frizz Ease did I see how much of a miracle cream it is. Love it lots!

The Dandizette said...

Oh I've never used one before but will now.

Thanks.

xXx

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

The Frizz Ease didn't work that great on me but I'd love to try the others.

Kimia Kline said...

i never use product in my hair, but everyone tells me i should....these are some great options!

MISSY S said...

im not into glossing creams. but this sounds interesting!

Taradiddles of a style on a budget

Rachel said...

I used to always use the Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Cream though. But I've never tried the John Frieda one. I'll have to check it out!

Sarah @ Pandora's Box said...

I love Rihanna's video.. she looks fantastic in it!

Miss Caitlin S. said...

ooo great picks here, I pretty much live and breathe by BioSilk for that reason.