December 7, 2010

What I'm Wearing...

Shirt - J. Crew
Shrug - Banana Republic
Jeans - Old Navy
Boots - BCBGeneration
Earrings - Express
Bracelet - Express
Nail polish - Sephora by OPI Merry Me! 
Thanksgiving weekend, my family took our Christmas card picture (dogs included), and this was what I decided to wear. Just like I wanted to wear the mustard colored shirt on Thanksgiving, when I saw this shrug (same shopping trip) I wanted to wear it around Christmas, even though it's short sleeves. Luckily you can usually pull that off in Alabama. The rhinestones on the shrug, the earrings, the glittery red nail polish, and my boots were all details of my outfit I loved. Of course you can see none of that in the picture my Mom ended up picking. Go figure. Maybe I'll show it later on. Oh, I used my glitter eyeliner, too:
(It's under my lower lash line. See, I told you it's subtle. For glitter.)
Yet another thing that didn't show up in the final picture. Oh well. I know. Now you all know. That counts for something, right?

27 comments:

this free bird said...

mmmkay HELLO BOOTS! (and shrug and sparkly bracelet!!) i am so jelly of your liner...wish i could do that. looks great!

xo,
c

Josie said...

I love your boots and earrings -- so cute!
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

jemina said...

You look fabulous, love your boots, bracelet and earrings :)

XOXO
J

Miss Caitlin S. said...

hah well that's what blogs are for!!! :) Because now we all get to seeeee it. Love the shrug a lot and I'm always a fan of black boots!

sacramento said...

Thank you for your tips and info. Love , love that bracelet.Is Express an Amarican shop????
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

Krystal said...

super duper cute! I love the idea of sparkly eyeliner!

guccilily said...

the bracelet!! mmmm

please pop by...guccilily

Isabel said...

i love the shrug. ive bought a few in the past but canada has a significantly colder winter and i always freeze LOL

Elizabeth said...

Katie - I LOVE this outfit!! So so cute and looks amazing on you!

..R May A.. said...

Oh wow those boots are gorgeous :)
loving this outfit!! x

Jen said...

Your boots? YES PLEASE!!

Valerie said...

That vest, the bracelet, those boots! All amazing, Katie. Great Thanksgiving outfit. :)

xo
Valerie

kirstyb said...

love the bracelet x

Closet Fashionista said...

Cute! Perfect for a Christmas card!! :D Loving the nail color too :)
http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

A La Mode et Plus! said...

Great shrug! And your nails look so festive :)

janettaylor said...

Gorgeous nail polish!

Jenny said...

Super chic! Loving that bracelet!

FRANKIE HEARTS FASHION said...

That bracelet is fantastic!!! And the glitter liner is so unique and gorge!

Stacey said...

I heart your shrug and your makeup is lovely!

la petite coquine said...

This look is perfect for the holidays, and I'm completely smitten with that bracelet!

Kristin said...

Darling shrug...and that polish is beautiful!

Zarna said...

awesome bracelet and cool glitter eyeliner!

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

You look fab, sweetie! Love the boots and the bracelet! :)

Jess said...

Love the subtle glitter liner! I might have to get some of that...

And that bracelet is gorg!

Daniela said...

love the liner! I wanna try!

D e g a i n e said...

you look so great, love that bracelet



d e g a i n e

http://www.fashiondegaine.com

Jasmine said...

Thanks for this post. Have a happy holiday season!