December 8, 2010

What's In My House (for Christmas)... Living Room

If you follow me on Twittter you've probably picked up on the fact that I love Christmas. Like, I LOVE Christmas. So it's no surprise I've probably gone overboard with decorating. Since they were fun to do over the summer, I figured I'd do a new What's In My House... series, except this time for Christmas! If you missed the first round, here's my What's n My House... Living Room post. The original posts cover furniture and accessories, this time I'll just talk about the Christmas stuff, of course.

...here's the living room!
Kind of an overview of what the whole room looks like. I'm not sure how many pictures August made it into.
Door to the garage. My Mom gave me the door hanger, so no idea where it's from. It jingles and it's cute though :)
Entrance hallway (sorry for the blurry pic). My Mom got me the wooden light-up Christmas tree from someone she worked with I think, and my grandfather made the reindeer. 
I have to keep my Christmas tarts from Yankee Candle burning! Sparkling Cinnamon is my favorite :)
I switched out the filler in the tall vase with this, from Pier 1. I think it's just wintery, so it'll stay after Christmas.
The fireplace
Some of our family friends started an angel collection for me and my sister when we were kids. I can finally display them now! I put the bigger ones in front of the fireplaces. 
We got new stockings this year from Pier 1. I was going to hold off on getting them monogrammed but I'm glad I did. I love them!
More of my angels are on the mantle along with some pre-lit garland and ornaments that are from Target. All the stocking hangers are from Target, too. 
This year we went to 2 trees. This is the real tree, as Jared is very adamant about having a real tree (I grew up with artificial trees. Real ones smell great, of course!) The living room tree is red, silver, and white. We got most of the ornaments at Target. The topper is from Target, too. The tree skirt matches the stockings and is from Pier 1. There are some special ornaments on the tree we've accumulated as well, of course.
Our Wedding
First Christmas Together
Our 1st Christmas
Roll Tide. (My aunt gave us a Bama nutcracker ornament this year but I didn't get a picture!)
August has an ornament, of course.
My alma mater. (Roll Tide. Again.)
Jared's alma mater. (Go State or something.)
Up until this year I'd been using a Nativity Scene that my grandparents bought when my Mom was little. I loved it, but it was made out of some unknown waxy material and it wasn't aging well. The paint was rubbing off, all the animals legs were wonky, and finally this year the angel cracked in 2 and The Engineer couldn't get it back together. I was sad, but in the meantime I got this "makeshift" nativity at Pier 1. It's not a full set of course but hey, it has the main characters.
I really like this though and think it's pretty.
A Peppermint Swirl Yankee Candle. Yum!


Ok, that's it for the living room! Tomorrow I'll show you the kitchen!

44 comments:

Kayla said...

So sad about your nativity. It seems awesome. We have a set my Mom puts out every year that I want. Josephs head falls off every year. EVERY YEAR. If it doesn't... it's just not christmas.

jemina said...

your house is so beautifully decorated, I LOVE it!!!!

XOXO
J

Leia said...

Love your christmas decor!

Leia

this free bird said...

Holy mother (no pun intended given the season) you have an amazing assortment of Christmas decorations. I had to go back and re-read it twice. LOVE!

The reindeer your grandpa made AND the lit tree from your mom are my faves. The Pier 1 tall vase is beautiful, too!! And girl you killed it with 2 trees!! If I could only get the one decorated...

xo,
c

Krystal said...

Your living room looks like the ideal place for a christmas even and christmas day - it's so pretty!

sacramento said...

I love your big house with white doors, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh love white doors so much. All the little details...you can stop in every corner for a peek. The tree is fabulous, and it has a heart: yours.
Fantastic!!!!

Collette Osuna said...

Gorgeous house..love all the Xmas touches:)

Stop by and say Hello:)
NEWS EDITOR for Style Sample Magazine♥

She Wore It Well said...

absolutely gorgeous tree! all i have is a tiny glittery one for the table. my husband is anti decorating :(


She Wore It Well Blog

Pippa said...

Your home is SO christmassy already :) Im jealous big time!
Surely this all cost quite a bit?
www.clashingtime.blogspot.com <3

kirstyb said...

totally loving your decorations xxxx

Elle Sees said...

Love it. I love seeing how others decorate. I found myself nodding along while reading, saying, "I like this & this. I have this..." so basically I need to move in.
Ps walmart has these AMAZING scent sticks that smell exactly like a pine tree (or other types of trees). Just stick em on a fake tree, wreath, etc. They are the best thing I've found!

Fashion Meets Food said...

Loving your decorations! Your home is absolutely gorgeous, and you are such a chic decorator!

xo

My Republic of Fashion said...

Wow! You out someamount of effort into all that decorating. It looks like aChristmas winter wonderland, very tastefully done. :)SarahD

Daniela said...

your home looks great !! I love it!

Cathy Benavides said...

Your house looks so great! I think instead of trying to decorate, I'm just going to print out pictures of your place and take them around my living room. Do I need to pay you royalties for that??

janettaylor said...

Gorgeous decorations!

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Jaime @ La vie...J'aime said...

your tree is so beautiful! i love how you showed us some of your ornaments too :)

Audrey Allure said...

Definitely love your Christmas decorations - looks wonderful!

Lisa Michelle Cifuentes said...

So cute, I can practically hear the Christmas music!

Josie said...

Katie, it's soooo pretty! Target and Pier 1 at Christmas are literally my favorite places in the world. So gorgeous and sparkly. And your tree looks great!
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww so pretty! Your house looks amazing and all Christmasy:) I love it!!!
Kisses, my dear

Ps: I am hosting a stunning leather clutch GIVEAWAY today, just in time for Holiday Parties!

Valerie said...

It looks SO fun and festive in your living room. I love all the picture ornaments!

xo
Valerie

Justine said...

I LOVE the smell of Christmas trees!

Just Better Together is having a giveaway!

FRANKIE HEARTS FASHION said...

I too have a serious love for Christmas!! I just love how you have put the Christmas cheer all throughout your home! xo

Closet Fashionista said...

YAYY!! Looks awesome!!! If you think you go overboard you should see my house...haha XD
I should make a video to show my house since there would be too many pictures
http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

la petite coquine said...

I absolutely love all your festive holiday decorations! I confess, I'm terrible about doing much more than the tree, a wreath and garlands, but because we'll be gone so much this December/January, we're doing even less than usual! I'll live vicariously through your gorgeous living room!

Kaleido Mind said...

Our love for Christmas is relatable! login the decorations:)

Rachel said...

I absolutely love all of your Christmas decorations! The tree and the reindeer are so cute!

Ashleigh said...

Yay for Christmas decorating!! I love your tree skirt, I'm looking for a red one and that shape is fabulous!

Taj Acosta said...

I'm so jealous about the 2 trees. Funny I was just telling the hubs that I want to do 2 at some point when we have a bigger place! Great minds I tell ya. I'm loving all the spirit here, after my own heart! xo

Jenny said...

Oh my gosh, girl! FUN!!! I love what you've done!

Isabel said...

everything looks so pretty! u definitely have the xmas spirit LOL

Couture Carrie said...

So lovely and festive, darling!

xoxox,
CC

Fuyume said...

I love xmas :) and who wouldnt feel festive in a house as well decorated as yours :)

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

Fun and festive! Great tree. I need to get a nativity scene.

Marie said...

How festive and lovely!:D Thanks for sharing, I like all your pictures too.:D

***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com

Miss Caitlin S. said...

okay you have SUCH a pretty home!!! I adore it and it looks like you find ways to keep yourself busy during your hard time... and guess what? It looks GREAT! I love your sense of style and all the details. Sorry about the Nativity but the makeshift looks great!

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Awh it looks great! So inspiring! I still have to decorate! I'll be a busy bee this weekend :)

The Haus of Mrlik said...

I love christmas.
love your decor.
follow us.
stalk us.
haus loves you.
xx
http://thehausofblog.blogspot.com/

Style, She Wrote said...

Love it! It's so festive. Definitely gets me in the Christmas mood.

Kristin said...

I love your gorgeous stockings! Simply beautiful decs!

A La Mode et Plus! said...

Katie you have a beautiful living room and great decorating sense!
P.S I agree with Jared that real trees are a must!

A La Mode et Plus! said...

Katie you have a beautiful living room and great decorating sense!
P.S I agree with Jared that real trees are a must!

Stacey said...

Love the wall colour and your mantle is beautifully decorated. Love the tree too!