February 18, 2011

16/30 & Friend Friday - Body Image

Ok, to clarify, in yesterday's post there were 2 outfits and 1 dog. Judging from the comments, maybe that wasn't clear? One outfit was a gray shirt, black infinity scarf and black boots. The other was a blue shirt, navy infinity scarf, and brown boots.
Oh. Point taken. 
Now to further confuse you, today is one outfit and 2 dogs. Ta-da! It's like I'm a magician or something. Ok, it's not like that at all.
Shirt - Banana Republic, Jeans - Old Navy, Scarf - Missoni, Shoes - Gap, Earrings - Express, Watch - Michael Kors, Sunglasses - American Eagle
I finally wore the leopard flats again (only the 2nd appearance they've made in the 30x30), and you can (kinda, sorta) see them better this time. Maybe. Moving on.
Here's how most of the pictures turned out. Dogs labeled to cut down on confusion.

Friend Friday
I recently joined the Fashion Beauty Friend Friday group created by Katy over at Modly Chic.
Every week Katy puts together a set of questions and on Friday if you want to participate, you answer them on your blog and link back up at Modly Chic. 
weheartit

1. Since you started blogging has your image of yourself changed?
I've always hated having my picture taken and seeing pictures of myself. I know, why did I ever decide to do this? Anyway, I think taking outfit pictures for the blog has helped me be slightly more comfortable seeing myself. It's a work in progress, though.
2. Are you self-conscious about any aspect of yourself? If so, do you go out of your way to avoid it or do you post it/talk about it anyway?
Oh, I'm definitely self-conscious. I don't guess I avoid it, but I don't really post about it either.  
3. Based on how you are feeling now, what do you think the future holds in the evolution of your body image?
I'm not sure. I hope that it'll continue to improve, of course.
4. Do you photograph yourself for your blog? If so, how do you feel about the experience when you're having your picture taken? If you choose not to post pictures of yourself, what prompted that decision?
Like I said, it's not something that I love but I've started to get more used to it. I think it's good for me and I'm glad I have an "excuse" to take more pictures and be more comfortable with the process.
5. What would you want every person who struggles with body image totake to heart?
I chose the picture to go with these questions for a reason. Everyone struggles with body image in some way, but like everything else in life it becomes easier if you can have a good sense of humor about it. 


If you want more information or want to join FBFF, there's more info on Modly Chic and you can e-mail Katy to join the group!

47 comments:

Ken said...

how cute

Kayla said...

You look good in yellow. That's hard for a white girl. Love your answers.


Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

(S) said...

I'm feeling color envy! I love that yellow!

aurpera said...

"...it becomes easier if you can have a good sense of humor about it."

I agree. So true!

Jen HaHA said...

Love that yellow! Tomorrow can you have two dogs in outfits? Maybe cute little sweaters?
Come check out my 30! Jen Hemming and Hawing Again

Miss Caitlin S. said...

I really love that BR sweater on you, I think the color is just superb! And who couldn't tell the dogs apart?? They look totally different!!! Love the body image answers, I think we all could benefit from improved body image and I'm glad a blog is helping you work past it!

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

Love the yellow! I'm toying with the idea of posting pictures but am still shy. We'll see - I like how you saw we should keep a sense of humor about it.

this free bird said...

okay a. you are a magician b/c i thought that scarf was missoni, screamed and woke the cat up.

b. i really love yellow on you.
c. i love even more the honest answers to these 5 questions below. all i'm thinking w/that sheer skirt is what on earth if i have cellulite. i'm not 20 years old anymore ya know! yikes!! it's good to know we're all in the same boat.

xoxo,
carrie

Josie said...

Katie. That color is PHENOMENAL on you. So fantastic. And in response to your answers, I think you're the bravest person ever to answer so honestly. Goodness knows I'd be lying. You're stupendous!
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyel.blogspot.com

Leia said...

I think that taking pictures of myself for the blog has definitely increased my self-confidence and made me more aware of my body. It has also pushed me to want to tone up and lose weight! hehe

Leia

Leia said...

I think that taking pictures of myself for the blog has definitely increased my self-confidence and made me more aware of my body. It has also pushed me to want to tone up and lose weight! hehe

Leia

Collette Osuna said...

LOVE the mustard sweater, and two furbabies, hehehehe....great FF answers..you are right, we all struggle with something about ourselves we dont like....Im very happy you have been doing the 30x30...I get to see your cute little face alot more now...you look great!!

Stop by and say Hello:)
Enter my EL Vintage Giveaway!!♥

Anja said...

love your answers and love that sweater. You look so fresh and ready for spring. Also the scarf and the flats are great!!
My body image definitely changed when I started reading blogs. It made me confident enough to start my own blog and posting photos of myself. I feel content about myself, but I still struggle with my body sometimes.

sacramento said...

Love your yellow jumper. I am so glad for your outfit posts.
Very good answer my dear Katie.
have a superb weekend.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Closet Fashionista said...

Love your missoni scarf!! :D
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Krystal said...

I looove those jeans and you look so colorful today!

Daniela said...

great bright outfit !!

Isabel said...

i think we all struggle with body image. it takes an incredibly confident person to to not find even the smallest fault

TrophyBoutique said...

You can really rock that yellow, that's for sure. I love it.

Great answers to the FF questions. I wish I wasn't so lazy, or I would answer them too....I appreciate your honesty!

laura said...

LOVE! this color on you! :)

Valerie said...

I love your mustard sweater!

la petite coquine said...

I love that yellow top, and I'm glad to see the leopard flats making an appearance!

As for body image, I've certainly struggled with that one. For me it's about being healthy and enjoying what I eat, and I try not to worry about it further than that (because once I start, I don't stop).

Have a wonderful weekend!

Ashley said...

You look so cute here, I love the yellow top! And be sure to check your email soon, there's some very exciting info I just sent to you...!! :)

-Ashley
http://breakfastatsaks.blogspot.com

tanvii.com said...

I enjoyed reading your response to the questions. I think taking outfit posts has improved my confidence and made me aware of my body in a good way.

designed by Diana said...

The scarf and sweater are awesome. You look great in that bright yellow :)

potpie du monde said...

i LOVE that pop of yellow! looks great on you!!

Jaime @ La vie...J'aime said...

want that scarf!

The Suburb Experiment said...

Oh gosh you made me laugh with the magician comment.

You look great in yellow - it's a hard color to pull off! I'm sad I didn't include my leopard print shoes in my 30.

I've addressed body image on my blog before. Because I purposely pick the most flattering pictures I didn't want people to think the baby weight just fell off - I think it sets people up to feel bad if it doesn't happen for them.

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

LOVE!!!
#1 - your answers
#2 - the dogs
#3 - the leopard flats :)
#4 - and u of course!

Have a great weekend, sweetie xoxo

Ashleigh said...

Oh, that scarf and sweater combo is divine! So nice to see color!

Nubiasnonsense said...

You are looking fab in Yellow doll

bravegrrl said...

love that mae west quote! and what a great scarf!!!

Kara said...

I'm so jealous of your yellow sweater and missoni scarf! They're so pretty together.
xx Sprinkles in Springs

ryan said...

I love the color of your sweater! It looks stunning on you. I liked reading your answers, I feel the same way a lot.

Jess said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE yellow! Hope you have a fabulous weekend!!!!

E said...

I'm so glad to hear personal style bloggers saying it's helped their self-confidence because it's so true! I've definitely felt more free to experiment with out of the box clothing choices since I've started mine. You look lovely in that yellow top and I think yellow and gray might be my favorite color combo as of late.

Cathy Benavides said...

That yellow sweater makes you look like a ray of sunshine- I love it!

Audrey Allure said...

Great outfit, love the color of your shirt and that's such a fun scarf :)

Theonlyfashionprincess said...

yellow is definitely your color. have a nice weekend!

Savannah said...

Love that Mae West quote! You look great in yellow!

savannah-joyofliving.blogspot.com

shealennon said...

This is such a fun, pretty look--I love that golden yellow on you! And I love what you said about having a sense of humor. You're right--sometimes we take ourselves too seriously!

mandarip said...

love the yellow! always like it on others since I can't wear yellow ;-)

Jessie said...

Love the top and you look beautiful!

XX
Jessie
http://87life.blogspot.com

Brianna said...

I really like the mustard yellow top! Definitely reminds me spring is on the way.

Jenny said...

Love the palette you have here with the yellow and that to-die-for scarf! Fab!

Elle Sees said...

oh the yellow is my fave so far! love that color

Stacey said...

I loved your answers-body image is something most of us struggle with. BTW, i think yellow is a fantastic colour for you!