February 14, 2011

And you'd be inclined to be mine for the taking...

30 for 30 days 10 & 11. 2 things - I'm almost halfway through. Oh, wait. I guess I'm not. 1/3 of the way through? Yeah. That doesn't sound as good, though. And I've moved on from Fiona Apple to Anna Nalick. Just thought you should know.

So you're taking these pills
For to fill up your soul
And you're drinking them down with cheap alcohol
And I'd be inclined to be yours for the taking
And part of this terrible mess that you're making
But me, I'm the catalyst

Shirt - J. Crew, Tunic - Forever 21, Jeans - Old Navy, Shoes - BCBG Max Azria, Bracelets - America Eagle, Earrings - Anthropologie

When you say love is a simple chemical reaction
Can't say I agree
'Cause my chemical, yeah, left me a beautiful disaster
Still love's all I see

I'm not sure why there's only 2 outfit pics for this day. I think I accidentally deleted too many and God only know how to get them back. (Macbook. Still a mystery to me most days.) BUT, I did figure out something else to do with that J. Crew shirt, so it's not a 30x3o fail. YES.

Shirt - Gap, Sweater - Express, Jeans - Old Navy, Shoes - Gap, Bracelets - House of Harlow and Express, Earrings - Limited

So I'm taking these pills for to fill up my soul
And I'm drinking them down with cheap alcohol
And you'd be inclined to be mine for the taking
And part of this terrible mess that I'm making
But you, you're the catalyst

I wasn't sure what I was going to do with this sweater, and it was kind of awkward to layer it over something, but I think it looks good. I really liked how this came together. Where's August though?
Oh. Nevermind. 
If you're looking really closely, you probably see the paint on his back paw. If you follow me on Twitter, you already heard the story. (Jared was painting at my parent's house, August stepped in the paint and tracked it through their house. Mass hysteria and a small haircut for August ensued.) If you really pay attention, you know that happened on  Saturday, the 12th. This is outfit #11, which would be Friday.
30 for 30 confession - I don't take outfit pictures every day. (Gasp.) I just can't take and edit pics every day. Can't do it. Usually 3 days worth of outfits get photographed and edited at once. It's just easier for me that way. I'm sure your minds are blown now. If you can do outfit pics every day, hats off to you. It's a lot of work!

You'll be the vein
You'll be the pain
You'll be the scar
You'll be the road, rolling below
The wheels of a car
And all of the thoughts, on God
Don't know if I'm strong enough now
You'll be the vein
You'll be the pain
You'll be the
Catalyst

42 comments:

Josie said...

I'm with you on the outfit photos, dear. No WAY could I do them every day. It's a huge pain at school, and I just don't have the time or a high-quality camera, so my mom does eight shoots at a time for me when I'm home on breaks. Yeah, she's a saint.
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Miss Caitlin S. said...

Omg, you're doing so well!! I love these outfits and it doesn't even seem like you have limited outfits. PS I really like your long dark hair right now! and lovvvving the bangles. And it's okay if you don't take pics every single day, gotta live your life too!

Joanne Faith said...

Keep it up! I couldn't take outfit photos either day either... exhausting! Your baby is super cute :)

cryskay said...

i love all your bangles. your dog is adorable! xo

this free bird said...

You're wearing purple in the first pictures!! One less lonely girrrrrl, one less lonely girrrrrrl - i've got it BAD

And now about August in the paint? I gotta say that made my Saturday!

And I'm down for the references. Going to buy all the stuff on itunes and prolly get evicted!

xo,
c

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

August is adorable paint or no paint!

You inspire me to get more cool accessories!

Collette Osuna said...

Lookin good sweets...loving all the layering...and Im feeling your pain with the outfits, lol....yes, almost halfway there.....!!!

Stop by and say Hello:)
Enter my Silver Lining D├ęcor Jewelry Giveaway!!♥

Closet Fashionista said...

Love these! The pop of red in the second outfit is great :D
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

kelli g. { bug miscellany } said...

ooh ahahhaaha! we've had the same experience painting -- except replace 'dog stepped in paint' with 'hubbers tracked paint into 3 carpeted rooms before noticing.' sigh. boys.

Cathy Benavides said...

While I totally love your outfits (and your awesome collection of cute flats!) I have to say what always catches my eye are your nails. They always look so great- a perfect compliment to your lovely outfits!

Laura said...

I love the layering you've got going on with these outfits! And I am with you on the outfit pics. I can usually take photos every night during the week, but I get lazy on weekends and end up taking a bunch on Sunday.

lauren lanza osias said...

purple/lavender is a great color for you. love your bracelets.

lady gaga ruins everything...
http://laurenlanzaosias.blogspot.com

House of Hemingway said...

YOu're making this challenge look easy! I'm doing a giveaway on my blog if you are interested in a freebie do drop by!! Have a lovely Valentine's Day!

www.houseofhemingway.blogspot.com

Jen said...

love the bangles! happy valentine's day!

http://nauticalwheelerjewelry.blogspot.com/

Daniela said...

very cute looks. Love your jewelry
!

Isabel said...

i love all your accessories!

Isabel @ Walk of Fashion

modanista junkie said...

Wow you've been doing a great job! Not sure if I would be able to make it all the way through!!

p.s. love your red flats. I'm sure I've said that before. And how cute if your dog!!

xoxo,
melrod

Ashleigh said...

Look at you go! This seems like so much fun and an excellent way to reevaulate and use your wardrobe. August is adorbs!

minnja said...

wow, you look so beautiful :)))

http://minnja.blogspot.com/

Melissa: Write it in Lipstick said...

oh little puppy footprints. How cute. You have great jewelry.

Write it in Lipstick

Jenny said...

You look great. I take pictures every day, but I edit them in a batch and schedule the posts. It's just easier that way for me. It's a learning process!

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Ah I just love your bracelets! You have the best accessories. And you know I love those red shoes. They're fabulous!

Happy Valentine's Day, sweetie xoxo

wobblinbetty said...

congrats!! you are really doing well beautiful!
happy V day and lots of love ♥

Valerie said...

I love the stripes and the lavender on you! And those red flats are one of my favorites of yours. Happy Valentine's Day!

Morgan said...

So super cute! Love both outfits! Also your lil dog is beyond adorable!

MEET VIRGINIA DESIGN

Jaime @ La vie...J'aime said...

love the striped top...happy valentine's day!!

L0veLindsey said...

Looooove that song! I haven't heard it in so long, though.. time to break out my cd's and upload them to the ipod!

By the way, I'm giving away a really cute ring on my blog. You should def. stop by and check it out : )

www.l0velindsey.com

A.Co said...

Love your bracelets, Katie!

A.Co @ A.Co est. 1984

PS - the 30 for 30 def seems challenging and I'm not so sure I'd be able to capture all the outfits either...

Kavery said...

You're doing really well. And I love the paring of lavender and grey. So pretty on you

Bruna said...

I don't feel like editing photos everyday either! It's a hard work! Lovely outfits! Happy Valentine's Day!

Tiffany said...

love the striped sweater on you!

Aww, poor August! But such a cutie :)

Meredith said...

woo hoo for being so far into the challenge. are you loving it? i'm not doing it and haven't before but i hear it's a good time:) happy heart day too girly!
YOURS, MINE AND OURS

Jess said...

Love the stripes!

Sarah Caron said...

I'm with you on the batch editing. It's way easier that way. Love the stripes too.

la petite coquine said...

I confess, I blog usually a week in advance, so I don't blame you! I love, love, love what you did with the striped sweater-so cute! And the red shoes-I'm in love!

Fashion Therapist said...

Love the last pic of your jewelry! So pretty.

shealennon said...

Okay, I LOVE the color combination in your first look--those shades of grayish purple and lavender look so pretty together! And I like the sweater over the black tee in the second look. Both successes, I'd say :)

Stylepint said...

I'm loving your accessories...I wish I could wear bracelets! They just fly off my arms when I move around.

I agree with you, taking photos everyday is tough. I take photos daily, but I edit and post them in groups to make it easier for me.

Thanks for stopping by my blog! =)

ladydazy said...

Luv it all!! You look gorgeous!!!

http://ladydazy.blogspot.com/

Becky said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog!
I didn't know you were doing the 30 for 30 challenge also! We're almost doneeee! This warmer weather is making me itch for spring, and my remix items are all winter related. Ha.
Good luck with the rest of the challenge fellow remixer! :)

Kathrine said...

I think you're doing great with your 30 for 30! And NOOOOO it's not easy to take pictures everyday (especially if you do it all by yourself), edit and post. I'm behind too. But it doesn't matter. I am enjoying it so far. You did a wonderful job with the layering in both outfits! That's exactly the point to reinvent your wardrobe. :) And I love your accessories.
Keep it up!
[Oh, and I'm your newest follower, (I guess)]

http://styleidoscope.blogspot.com/

Taj Acosta said...

That puppy is tooo cute! What a model ;)