February 15, 2011

I've tripped again and things are starting to get interesting...

30 for 30 days 12 & 13. Oh. I guess now I'm almost halfway through. Kinda. Oh whatever. It's never going to end, let's just all face that and move on, ok?

I've tripped again and things are starting to get interesting
Don't give me choices cause I can't decide
My mind is soaked in words
I've come to terms with all my insecurities
And purity's no friend of mine

Dress - Old Navy, Cardigan - Express, Belt - Limited, Boots - BCBGeneration, Earrings - Forever 21, Bracelet - Express
I really wanted these boots to be OTK, but they're not on me, so I just added OTK socks. Its... not the same. But, I tried.

And dreaming doesn't do no good
Cause I don't wanna lie
That I'm okay and I'm alright
I'd rather take it and forget it
Consider this a warning
Cause I'll start another fight
And you'll say its all alright
I'll wait for the day when you find I'm too much for you, baby
So lay your hands over me
And feel what you only see
But don't bother wasting your time if you're trying to change me

Dress - Express, Tights - Target, Shoes - BCBG Max Azria, Necklace - American Eagle, Earrings - Limited, Ring - Express

You're kinda cool but I know better than to break the rules
Of messin' with a lesson that I'll never learn
I'll go from bad to worse and later back to better
But I'll never better bridges that I'm bent to burn

I wore this on Sunday when we celebrated Valentine's Day. It's one of those outfits that just didn't come together the way I wanted, but I have another idea for this dress. And many more of my 30 days left. So it all works out.
Speaking of Valentine's Day...
3 colors of tulips. Jared never gets me roses. Our first Valentine's Day he was co-op'ing and didn't have a lot of extra money, and I knew how much roses were marked up for Valentine's Day so one day I randomly told him how much I don't like roses on Valentine's Day because they're unoriginal. (I don't really care, I just didn't want him to spend $100+ he didn't need to be spending.) On Valentine's Day he showed up with tulips. I loved them and still do :)
YSL Arty Ring! I mean, it's like I pulled up the Net-A-Porter site and yelled "Arty ring! In pink!" until he ordered it. 
Oh wait.

Cause I'll start another fight
And you'll say its all alright
I'll wait for the day when you find I'm too much for you, baby
So lay your hands over me
And feel what you only see
But don't bother wasting your time if you're trying to change me
If you're trying to change me
If you're trying to change me 

That's my idea of a love song. Hope everyone had a nice Valentine's Day :)

47 comments:

Laura said...

So many good things to comment on here! First, you look GREAT in that first outfit! The sweater is so flattering on you, and belting it gives your waist so much definition. Second, LOVE the purple tights! Third, the story about the roses is so sweet and you were a very thoughtful gf! Lastly, YAY on the ring!! I have been contemplating giving it to myself after tax time :) I hope you enjoy it!

Miss Caitlin S. said...

okay- is it just me or are your outfits getting sexier and sexier! Love them, you look like you're finding your stride with this- the purple tights are amazingness and I am loving what you're doing and that we're getting to see so many outfit posts of you! (I'm a sucker for an outfit post, what can I say). Also- wow, that ring is GORGEOUS, I'm jealous!!

Marloes. said...

I'm jealous!! I'm OBSESSED with that YSL ring!

Jen HaHA said...

I think these are my two favorites of your outfits so far! Perhaps that's because I'm big on skirts and dresses? Most likely because you look so great in them! I love the colors you've got goin' on!

Come check out my 30! Jen Hemming and Hawing Again

Anonymous said...

Love those purple tights!

XOXO,

http://outfitidentifier.com/

Anja said...

You look amazing in both outfits! I really like that Cardigan in the first and it looks cool that the boots are not OTK.
Also really nice of your guy to give you such an amazing gift! That ring is to die for!

Collette Osuna said...

Great V gifts!! Holy wow..loving the ring:) Lucky girl!! LOVE both your outfits....lots of great layering and of course COLORS!! woot woot....yes, you are "almost" halfway there, hahahaha!!

Stop by and say Hello:)
Enter my Silver Lining Décor Jewelry Giveaway!!♥

Diana Mieczan said...

OMG that ring is so beautiful and I love tulips:) Aww...
I adore both outfits. You look great, darling
Kisses

Closet Fashionista said...

Love your outfits! And YAYYY for the Arty ring!!! *jealous*
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Couture Carrie said...

Hi gorgeous!
Love your striped cardi and your YSL ring!

xoxox,
CC

kelli g. { bug miscellany } said...

wow, you lucky girl!

can i just say - i love the high socks with the boots. it's awesome!

AND i love your attitude. :P it makes me feel less bad for thinking i could *never* do the 30 for 30. :) srsly. you are awesome.

designed by Diana said...

The purple tights totally kicked up that adorable dress. Love em!

stealthnerd said...

Loooove the purple tights! I always love a good pop of color.

Isabel said...

1.do you know how many months it took for me to realize what OTK meant? i was like WHAT IS THIS BRAND?! LOL

2. I LOVE tulips!

3. i literally just gasped seeing the ring. :)

Valerie said...

I love the mix of grey and purple, Katie! AND THAT RING IS OUTSTANDING!!! What an amazing gift!

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

Lucky lady and I didn't even realize the Arty ring came in pink!

More than halfway there, you can do it!

laura said...

gorgeous! i love the grey and purple combo! it's brilliant :) and that ysl ring? super super sweet!

modanista junkie said...

The first look is my favorite so far!! Love the YSL ring! It's gorg!!

xoxo,
melrod

Cathy Benavides said...

I love that your showing some leg- especially some purple leg! You look awesome in both pics :) And yay for Valentine's Day! That is a sweet story about the tulips.

Lauren said...

Oh my gosh, that ring is amazing!! It's so pretty! Congrats on being almost halfway through! I'm a little behind cause I got started late! Both your outfits are so cute, I love the purple tights!! Thanks for your comments too :)

Lauren
Sparrow & Urchin

..R May A.. said...

loving the purple tights!! x

la petite coquine said...

Eat an absolute sweetheart (and a gorgeous new ring)! Love both of those looks, too-those purple tights are divine!

Ashleigh said...

LOL at the ring story - too cute! Sassy look girl! Love the purple tights, so fun, and the socks look great with the boots even though I know it's not what you wanted :)
I got tulips too, I think they're the sweetest!

Josie said...

You lucky, lucky girl! So jealous of your new ring; it's absolutely gorgeous. And how pretty are those tulips?
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

ladydazy said...

Luv it all. Your jewelry is beautiful. It all just dazzles. :)

Melissa: Write it in Lipstick said...

Purple tights and bows everything that makes an outfit rock. love it. I am jealous of the new ring but so happy for you. what a treat.

Write it in Lipstick

Courtney Erin said...

Wow, amazing ring! And tulips - swoon - I love tulips.

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

Jenny said...

yay on the ring - it's gorgeous! Loving those purple tights too - lovely!!!

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

OMG you got the ring?!?!? Lucky girl! I was thisclose to getting one for xmas but then a "friend" talked J out of buying it for me because she thought it was ugly. Can you even imagine??? Anyway...enjoy it! xoxo

minnja said...

you look great

Love ♥♥♥

xo
minnja

http://minnja.blogspot.com/

janettaylor said...

U have fantastic jewelries! :)

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Krystal said...

i love the song :) and the outfits! looking good lady!

Stacey said...

Va va voom! You are one hot mama in these outfits! You lucky girl you re the YSL ring and the tulips!:-)

Jess said...

What an AMAZING Vday present! I'm impressed!

Taj Acosta said...

Love love the purple tights you rock in them! And awaesome on the ring score! Now that's what I call a gift mama! xo

madeforsunnydays said...

Love the dress - the colour and shape look amazing on you! - and your accessories. You're my new accessories inspiration! :) Happy V-Day!

Morgan said...

Cannot be more jealous right now! LOVE the outfits girl! Those purple tights are awesome!!

Meet Virginia Design

shealennon said...

I LOVE the purple tights with the gray dress--what a pretty look! And you're a lucky gal, those flowers and the ring are both gorgeous!

Jess said...

Looks like a fabulous Valentines Day! And love all the outfits, keep 'em coming!!! :)

Andréa said...

You have some great accessories! And now a new ring to add to the list. ;) The 30 for 30 has me realizing that I wear a lot of the same accessories day in and day out. Time to purge and update once the shopping ban is lifted!

http://rememberingself.blogspot.com/

style'n said...

super cute ring and love the purple tights! Nice job accessorizing!

silvergirl said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day
Cute outfits and can you believe we are really half way through!!
Brett

Fashion Meets Food said...

LOVE your purple tights!

xo

this free bird said...

HAHAHAHA!! Katie you kill me. Seriously, I come over here and just roll laughing. That Arty bit at the end is so awesome. And that opener...oh wait it's never going to end. Damn just this morning I was thinking about people telling me I'd be 'so good' at the 3030. wth? I'd be nuts! I toss clothes randomly from one end of the place to the next trying to find a winning combo. Not pretty.

However those tulips ARE. Yowsa those are gorge!! And so are your purple tights AND I love the socks over the knees in the boots!!

xo,
C

audrey marie said...

ah the ring! so jealous!

i love the purple tights too :)

Anna Walker said...

I LOVE the striped sweater, the purple tights, and those earrings! They're gorgeous!
Oh and I adore the tulips idea! :)

http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

Linda said...

I love the purple in both of these outfits. I especially like that cardigan!

The Auspicious Life