February 8, 2011

My peace and quiet was stolen from me...

30 for 30 - 5 and 6. Apparently I was in a wear all black mood. All weekend. Hmm. That doesn't usually happen, but whatever. Oh, first a few things:

Someone asked to see a better picture of the necklace in yesterdays post. I wore it here and you can click on those pictures to make them bigger and get more detail on the necklace.
I love the outside pics better, too! I've done them a few times in the past, and will try to continue them, but they're harder to do especially this time of year (which is why both of these days are inside.) I will try to keep up with the outside pics though :)
There's been a couple of questions about August. He's (August is a boy, but he does get called "she" a lot. I guess he looks feminine with the long hair? lol) a papillon/pomeranian mix, as far as we know at least. We rescued him from a shelter, but that's what we were told and that is what he looks like. If there were any more questions, just let me know. 

What you did to me made me
See myself something different
Though I try to talk sense to myself
But I just won't listen

Dress - Loft, Leggings - Express, Boots - BCBGeneration, Earrings - Limited, Rings - Forever 21


Won't you go away
Turned yourself in
You're no good at confession
Before the image that you burned me in
Tries to teach you a lesson


Acting like he didn't want to have his picture taken.
Gah.

Dress - Old Navy, Cardigan - Express, Shoes - GAP, Headband - Sephora, Bracelets - Express, Earrings - Limited


What you did to me made me see myself somethin' awful
A voice once stentorian is now again meek and muffled
It took me such a long time to get back up the first time you did it
I spent all I had to get it back, and now it seems I've been outbidded


You know what I like best about both of these outfits? The accessories. Oh well. (Hey, that's the name of the song I've been quoting in this post. How clever of me...)


My peace and quiet was stolen from me
When I was looking with calm affection
You were searching out my imperfections

47 comments:

Jen HaHA said...

I was going to ask about the necklace, too, but I got shy. I like the dress with the bow! I was thinking that I like the boots with the all black. Then, you threw in the red with the other all black outfit. Love that pop of color! Yay, Augue Doggie!
Check out my 30! Jen Hemming and Hawing Again

Josie said...

You look super cute! Love those black dresses on you and those red flats are fantastic!
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Jane Alisa said...

Love your cute red flats. xoxo

this free bird said...

I love the bow around your sweater in the first couple shots and all the BLING! Black and silver and diamonds and sparkles = FAVORITE.

xoxo,
C
i hope i'm alive in the am. doubtful

BeautyH2T said...

you are looking gorgeous hun! thanks so much for your lovely thoughts recently, you are a darling xx

Anja said...

The Necklace is really pretty, thanks for the closer look! And I adore the first outfit. That dress with the bow is so cute. I might have to find a similar one :)

I have to agree with the others though, the red flats are really a nice splash of color to the second outfit!

Looking forward to the outdoor posts!

Collette Osuna said...

Love both outfits...and the outdoor pics too....its usually dark when I get home..ugghh...Im so far behind, lol...

Stop by and say Hello:)
Check out my 30x30 Remix….Let’s do this!♥

Closet Fashionista said...

Yayyy love both of these!! :D :D
http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

Super cute Loft dress and aww, sweet picture of you two!

Couture Carrie said...

Awesome jewels!

xoxox,
CC

Daniela said...

I looooove all black ! And the red looks great with it!

Alana, JournoStyle said...

Sometimes you just need to wear black!

Thanks for the comment on my blog, it's always nice to hear from new people :)

Leiah said...

Fiona Apple :)
Those red flat are perfect.

Isabel said...

i love the first look!

Isabel @ Walk of Fashion

Rachel said...

love the red flats!

A La Mode et Plus! said...

Both very chic looks! I love the bow on the dress for day 5 and the red flats for day 6 are a great pop of color! August is such a handsome little man :)

laura said...

I'm ALWAYS in an all-black mood. That's the rut i'm trying to dig myself out of these days. But what can I say? Black is sooooo chic and simple, i can't help but wear all black. August is just adorable. I wish my kitties were sometimes like doggies. And that sephora headband is super adorbs!

ryan said...

I love the red flats, they make an all black outfit have a little extra something. It's great!

Marloes. said...

I love your red flats!


loveandpeaceF said...

Great outfits! I love the pop of red :) good luck the rest of 30 for 30!!

- www.itsanewkate.blogspot.com

Jenny said...

I love both these looks - those red shoes are to die for!!! You are so cute!

Taj Acosta said...

I LOVE an all black look, it's so New York, charlie's angels. ride or die chick! lol. You look badass mama!

jeanofalltrades said...

I love the red shoes - they add cheer to an all-black outfit.

Krystal said...

you have tons of great jewelry!

lauren lanza osias said...

love the headband. and your puppy is so stinking cute.

http://laurenlanzaosias.blogspot.com
my temporary humble abode...

Valerie said...

I love the all black look and those red flats are fabulous!

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Black works for me! You'll often find me in it :) Love the red flats too! xoxo

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Black works for me! You'll often find me in it :) Love the red flats too! xoxo

Higgenbottom said...

great outfit! i love the little pops of color. your dog is so cute too!

Zarna said...

loving all of your accessories, especially those cute red flats!

also, your dog is adorable!

Audrey Allure said...

Those boots look fabulous! I also love the whole look with the red flats too :)

wobblinbetty said...

love the total black, very elegant!
and love love love the pic with your dog so sweet!
xxx

la petite coquine said...

What adorable looks! I love those little red flats!

Kavery said...

Love the red flats and the bling and August of course

Jess said...

I LOVE that headband! And your dog is seriously the cutest thing I've ever seen!

Ramsey said...

That baby is too cute! Love all the bling!

audrey marie said...

cute outfit! and ADORABLE dog :)

shealennon said...

Black is always a great go-to. And I love it with the red shoes!!

daisymay aka Chantele said...

Your stackable rings in the first shot are brill and the hairband in the second is beautiful

Daisy Dayz Home
Cross-Jones-Photography Home

Kaleido Mind said...

love the accessories and the pop of red in the shoes:D

Val said...

You look so beautiful! Great accessories.. and cute dog :)

Val

Anna Jane said...

some days call for all black...i love those days ;)

Retro Macaroni said...

Cute outfit!

Miss Caitlin S. said...

LOVING the top outfit, you look surriously hot and sleek in that!!! Second one is definitely cute too but I'm a sucker for heels and boots so I vote first (even though no one is voting), haha, you look mahhhvelous and beautiful!

Amy Z. said...

The all black ensemble looks so chic! And I love the pop of red with the flats too.

Elle Sees said...

I love these! I'm making myself not dress black this week. So far, so good.

sacramento said...

Wow, I had missed this lady in black post. You look so fabulous!!!
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX