February 16, 2011

What I'm Loving...

My parent's are leaving for a vacation and to visit my sister today, so that means for the next week we'll have Coco at our house. If you follow me on Twitter, you see the daily drama August puts me through. That multiplies infinitely when Coco is here, too. Just letting you know. 
Here's what I'm loving:


Sex and the City - The Good Fight
This Sex and the City re-run came on E! the other night and I was reminded why it's one of my favorite episodes - because of this scene. Aidan telling Carrie he needs half the closet, her calling him crazy, him saying she doesn't even wear most of it, her saying "Don't do that. Don't mock the clothes." Yeah - I've lived it. About a million times. But it's still hilarious :)



YSL Arty Ring
When I first saw this ring forever ago, I loved it. Then I saw the price and convinced myself it was way too much to spend on something trendy. Cut to over a year later and I was still obsessed with it, so it became my Valentine's Day present. Maybe it is trendy, but I wanted it long enough that I certainly don't regret getting it.



Fashion Week
Clearly actually being at Fashion Week would be amazing, but thanks to the internet you can watch a lot of the shows live, and if not at least start seeing images stream in almost instantly. Plus, plenty of amazing bloggers are there so there's lots of amazing pics and posts!



Adele - Rolling in the Deep
Finally, I can see you crystal clear, 
Go ahead and sell me out and I'll lay your sheet bare, 
See how I'll leave with every piece of you, 
Don't underestimate the things that I will do
I heard this song a few weeks ago on XM and I've been obsessed ever since. It's all over the place, and rightly so. I love it and it's my favorite song by Adele.



Ok, so that's What I'm Loving right now! What about you?

34 comments:

xNTA said...

I know how you feel about that ring.
There is a pair of military boots from Banana Republic, and being a poor student, I had to let them go.
I'm still obsessed w/ them, 6 months later and I think, for the birthday, I will purchAse :)

Have a great one! x http://xnta.blogspot.com/
P.s. Check out my Giveaway!

Miss Caitlin S. said...

uh yeah, love the good fight- especially "that's a crazy outfit" and "is it bad to speak with one guy when you're pregnant with another guy's baby?" "If one more person asks me that today..." haha love. But mainly Aiden because he's SO HOT, I love him. Also that ring is bomb, I wish I could say I'm excited about fashion week but I want to be there so mainly, I'm just jealous!

Miss Caitlin S. said...

*SLEEP with one guy, not speak, sorry. I swear sometimes my mind offshoots totally different words than I think I'm typing.

this free bird said...

The other day Justin Bieber used #werolldeep as a hashtag. Just thought I'd mention it.

And I think your YSL is legitimately no longer trendy. Plus it's beautiful!!

xo,
C

Josie said...

I just... Need that ring. Now.
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

ChiccaStyle said...

Lovely post, thanks for sharing!!!
http://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/

kirstyb said...

i love that episode of satc also! too funny! x

Collette Osuna said...

WHo doesnt love a little Carrie Bradshaw?? love that episode too!!! And the ring...ahhh, I say if youve wanted it this long? It was MEANT to be yours love:)

Stop by and say Hello:)
Enter my Silver Lining D├ęcor Jewelry Giveaway!!♥

Leia said...

I love YSL rings!

Leia

Closet Fashionista said...

Weee!!! So fun as always! :D
I'll have to watch that scene when my sister wakes up, haha...sadly I have never seen it since I never watched SatC XD
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Isabel said...

i never get bored watching sex and the city and i want to see u wearing that ring!

Courtney Erin said...

That's such a great SATC clip!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

Good luck with the two dogs!

If you loved it then and now, it is definitely worth it (and still very pretty!)

Fashion Therapist said...

I LOVE Adele. She's just as great live!

Valerie said...

I love that episode of SATC too! Aiden was always my favorite.

la petite coquine said...

Oh, I love that episode of SATC! It's terrible that there are re-runs-I'm bound to waste hours watching the episodes over and over!

Anonymous said...

Love SATC

XOXO,

http://outfitidentifier.com/

Cathy Benavides said...

Words cannot express how much I love that song by Adele. It's been on repeat in my car for over a month. She's coming to Austin in April- I can't wait!!

Ashleigh said...

That fashion week accessibility is amazing. How did we survive before internet?? Although I'm definitely making it a goal to go in September I'm still astounded and the wonderful coverage this season!

ryan said...

So funny that you put that fight on your blog, I watched that episode the other night too and couldn't stop laughing!

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

You know how I feel about that ring. Wear it well sweetie! I can't wait to see you wear it :) xoxo

Maria said...

I'm loving what you're loving, and I'm loving you! ;) What I'm not loving is round two of a horrible cold this winter, wth!
PS - you're ring is adorable and was definitely worth it!

xoxo Maria

shealennon said...

Okay, now I'm DEFINITELY loving that Adele song too. I have her first album, and I think her new one is a must-buy!

cryskay said...

i am sooo jealous you got the YSL ring. xo

Stacey said...

You know i adore the YSL ring already:-). Adele is on a number of my playlists-such a pure voice.

madeforsunnydays said...

Oh my god, I LOVE Aidan! The Carrie/Aidan seasons were the best, but I had a weird soft spot for Berger :) Loving your blog right now!

Melissa: Write it in Lipstick said...

sex and the city reruns are my fave too. That is so funny, Carrie and her closet.

Write it in Lipstick

Anna Walker said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that fight! I heard the producers/writers talking about this scene and they said it was such a shocking scene, when she says "Shut up, just shut up!" Because it's not even really a 'bad word' but it's bad enough for them!

I LOVE Sex and the CIty re-runs! :)
Good thing I own a few of the DVDs too!

http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

Anna Walker said...

PS It was John Corbin's idea to check his hair in the mirror afterwords when Carrie leaves! ♥

Oh and I keep thinking about Secret Single Behavior all the time! :)

Lee Oliveira said...

Ha..that Sex and the City ep. I remember that. Probably every girls worst nightmare.

Lee
x

Krystal said...

i am jelllls of your new ring :)

Fashion Meets Food said...

That ring is definitely beyond gorgeous!

xo

dani said...

This is one of my favorite SATC scenes! My best friend like to run around going "Shut up? SHUT UP?" "Yes. Pleeease shut up!" :)

Lindsay With An "A" said...

YAY! Congrats on the YSL ring! I have the turquoise one and LOVE it!

http://lindsaylovesitall.blogspot.com