March 11, 2011

Friend Friday - Balance

Friend Friday
I recently joined the Fashion Beauty Friend Friday group created by Katy over at Modly ChicEvery week Katy puts together a set of questions and on Friday if you want to participate, you answer them on your blog and link back up at Modly Chic. 
weheartit
1. When it comes to prioritizing your life, in what place does  blogging fall? 
I blog about what I'm wearing, or things that I love, or things that I want. So, everything in life first, then blogging. Otherwise I wouldn't have much to blog about :)
2. We all wish we had more free time to dedicate to blogging and all it entails. What are your tricks for taking advantage of the time you do have to be as productive as possible? 

I've always worked best at night. When I was in school, I studied at night. Now that I blog, I usually work on my posts at night. It's just when I can get the most done. That's not a trick, but it's what works best for me so I'm sticking with it. 
3. Have you discovered any short-cuts that makes blogging easier or more time efficient? 

It's probably really obvious, but if you have an idea - write it down! I keep a list of things I want to post about so I don't forget them. 
4. Do you have an editorial calendar or something similar that helps you plan ahead? 

I keep my posts listed in iCal. It helps me map out what I want to post and when.
5. If time wasn’t an issue what you would be doing on your blog/for your blog that you aren’t doing now? 



I wish I was better at all the technological aspects of blogging but that has less to do with time and more to do with me just not having the patience for a lot of it. I need to work on that, though.



If you're interested in FBFF, go to Modly Chic for more information then e-mail Katy if you want to join the group.


A couple of things - I put the blog on Networked Blogs so if you could click that link or the one over to the right and follow, I'd appreciate it! Also, I have a Facebook page for the blog so like that (please!) if you haven't, and link me to yours if you have one and I haven't found it yet! I'm trying to use the Facebook page more, so let me know if you have suggestions or there's something you want to see more of! 


And with that information overload, I'm off to officially begin Viva La Birthday Weekend since today is the big day. Yeah, it's midnight but I might as well start now, right? Right. 

38 comments:

Kayla said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Ramblings of a Small Town Girl
Fanciful Brainstorm - Tumblr

Josie said...

Happy birthday, love! I hope you have an AMAZING day because you most certainly deserve it!
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

Have a great birthday and birthday weekend!

I am also a write it down girl and have tons of draft posts!

Yes let's definitely like each other's Facebook pages. I'll do that now dear!

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

hot girl said...

Nice Blog...
Lovely Picture.

Kavery said...

Have a great birthday Katie. I've only just recovered from mine

Collette Osuna said...

Happy Happy Birthday Sweets....hope your day is everything you wish for!!!!


Stop by and say Hello:)
Enter my Chic Metal Earring Giveaway!!♥

Veronica said...

So cute your blog!:)
Follow me? I'd be very happy if you do it!
Thank you so much!

www.cipollainspiration.blogspot.com

Krystal said...

so fun to read your answers lady :)

Krystal said...

and happy BIRTHDAYYY!!!

Closet Fashionista said...

Yay! :) And for your last answer you could always check out w3.com, they have some basic html tutorials that you can make use of :D
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! :)
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Sabrina T. said...

my dear i'v just discover this blog and i think it's great!!!:)
Would you come and follow me?i'd be very happy if you do so..
i wait u kisses

patchworkporter.blogspot.com

Moniek said...

Happy birthday girl!

Megan said...

Great post! I like how you mentioned you blog at night because I am complete opposite! I am spent by the time I leave work (but I'm also a morning person!).

Already a follower on your facebook page ;-)

Have a WONDERFUL BDAY!!!!

Dana said...

I just found your blog through FBFF. Love it! I loved your post about glittered nails and couture cakes. My bridal shower was Breakfast At Tiffany's themed so I loved the cup-cakes. I agree about working at night, that does tend to be better. It's almost a way of unwinding.

Anywho, I'm now following :)

Cathy Benavides said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Viva la Birthday!!! I hope you have a fabulous birthday weekend filled with champagne wishes and caviar dreams. I feel the same way about the technical aspects of blogging. In the last year, I have learned exactly one HTML code..... that's just sad. Here's hoping for more patience!

KT said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you have great things planned for the weekend ahead. - Katy

Couture Carrie said...

Fun interview!

Happy Birthday, darling!

xoxox,
CC

A.Co said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATIE!!!!

And yes, I'm dreaming of a leather jacket in Florida - I brought TWO with me and have used them both - today it's only 49 degrees!!! :P

Hope you have a GREAT day and evening!! CELEBRATE!!!

A.Co @ A.Co est. 1984

Kristine said...

Happy bithday!!

Style Eyes said...

Happy Birthday- Have a great weekend

Kristin said...

I'm with you...I'm a night worker too! Happy happy bday weekend!

Courtney Erin said...

I really hope that you have a fabulously amazing birthday!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

la petite coquine said...

Have an absolutely AMAZING birthday weekend, darling!

xox, Lena

Valerie said...

I love reading your answers, Katie. I'm the same way when it comes to patience to figure out all the technology stuff. I should try to work on that. Have a great weekend!

Valerie said...

Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope you have a great time celebrating this weekend!!!

sacramento said...

It is so good to know more about you katie.
Much love and a superb weekend my friend.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Taj Acosta said...

Happy birthday sweetie! kisses

Isabel said...

i love reading these posts :)

Kristin said...

Happy Birthday -- hope you have a fun & safe weekend.

Great post! "So, everything in life first, then blogging. Otherwise I wouldn't have much to blog about." I LOVE this, it makes so much sense.

Kristin
http://relativelychic.com

..R May A.. said...

happy birthday :)
thanks for sharing!! x

shealennon said...

I LOVED what you said about life first, then blogging. Very true!

Miss Caitlin S. said...

wouldn't it be nice to just have neverending time to blog??? I would adore that! I know you work at night, I always have noticed that... I too am a night owl :) Lately when I've been doing my blogs I've been doing them at night and then just having them post at 5 am the next, day, no real reason why I've been doing this yet... who knows! Happy Birthday!!! Celebrate big!

style'n said...

Happy Birthday Katie. Have a drink for me! I was just over at Krystal's blog reading her thoughts on blogging and balance. Nice to hear other people have some of the same thoughts/issues on the topic.

Lee Oliveira said...

Great interview Katie..
Happy Birthday.. hope you had a fabulou day
Lee x

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Happy belated bday! Sorry I didn't get to stop by yesterday. It's been such a week! Hope you're having a fabulous bday weekend, love :) xoxo

Jennifer Fabulous said...

Happy belated birthday, sweetie! Great interview. I'm like you, I keep a list of posts on a notebook, so I never run out of ideas. Hehe. ;)

wobblinbetty said...

Happy Bday! Cannot wait to hear about your weekend :)
xxx

Anonymous said...

Every bride has their own color, and some dynamic, some dazzling colorful, full of love ... ... and some colors are the future of each symbol, depicting the bride's future.
Wedding Dress
Thanks for your sharing! I am pleased to share my joy with you?