March 30, 2011

What I'm Loving...

It took about half a day of hot weather and I was ready for the pool to be open and a beach trip to be planned. 
Is the pool open yet?
No.
Beach trip?
Nada.
Well now it's rainy and the cold is back, so I want the warm weather and the beach trip.
Something needs to be done about this.
Here's what I'm loving:


Lisa Scinta - I Need A Doctor
I'm sure you've heard the original version of this song by Eminem. How Lisa Scinta managed to remake it is completely amazing. Putting a melody to a rap? And it works? Pretty genius.


OPI - Cajun Shrimp
This has been one of my go-to mani/pedi colors for the spring and summer for several years now. I always end up reaching for it as soon as the temperature warms up and it never disappoints. It's good for all skin tones and I'm pretty convinced it just puts you in a better mood. 


Lauren Conrad Braid
I guess technically this would be called a side french braid or something, but I bet at least some of you automatically knew which hairstyle I was talking about just from that name. Maybe? I wasn't the only one watching The Hills, was I? Whatever. I am not good at getting my hair to do anything so trust me, I was skeptical I could do this to my hair. Then I saw this tutorial:
Um, it's really easy. Like I did it on the first try easy. Trust me, anyone can do this. I'm pretty sure I've found my new pool/beach/lake hairstyle. 
(Seriously. Someone needs to plan a vacation. Mentally I'm already there.)


Birthday Month
weheartit
With my birthday on the 11th and my sister's birthday on the 20th, March became known as Birthday Month when I was growing up. It still is. Abby lives in Florida, but she was home this past weekend so we celebrated her birthday - a little late, but we celebrated all the same. Growing up we refused to share our birthdays and each insisted on a friend party, a family party, and I think my Mom usually brought something to school on our actual birthdays. That's 3 birthdays a piece. All in March. 
Birthday. Month. 


Ok, so that's What I'm Loving right now! What about you?

28 comments:

minnja said...

Lovely post :))

http://minnja.blogspot.com/

Jen HaHA said...

How about a cruise? I don't know, still trying to figure out our vacation, too. Mini-vacay. My son was asking about that song. He was singing a part and I thought it sounded familiar. I used to do a side French braid from one end completely to the other. Ear-to-ear, I guess.

I linked to one of your posts on Monday. Still hoping to find O•P•I Black Shatter. I hope they do that with another color!

Jen Hemming and Hawing Again

wowaccountforsale said...

Ah, lovely braid really, I've tried that and its was actually difficult at first but not on the second try, piece of cake, hehe. What I'm lovin right right is our plan hiking for this Saturday, mountains, fishing and trails. Thrilling.

Miss Caitlin S. said...

Love the nail polish!!! So hard. And the braid never, ever, ever gets old- I didn't know she had a tutorial, gold mine!

this free bird said...

I wish I would have had 3 birthdays in a month. Heck I wish I would have had 1 real party...grew up on a farm and with my birthday at the end of August never really got much on the party front because it was right in the middle of harvest. I'm still trying to make up for those scars in adulthood. My poor mother :)

May I borrow that polish to toss in my landlord's eye? Thank you.

T minus seven hours and counting until the saw's back on. shudder

xo,
C

Josie said...

Shut UP. I've been looking for a braid tutorial like that for years -- literally, years. And it's so easy! I'm in love. And Cajun Shrimp is one of my favorite spring colors too!
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

modern.girl said...

yay~ birthday! what are you going to wear and EAT?

cheers,
yvonne
modern.girl

Leia said...

That Opi color looks so pretty! Loving that Lauren Conrad braid too. Birthday month sounds like such fun! We have a lot of family birthdays around the end of March and beginning of April too. Not good for my wallet! ;)

Leia

Collette Osuna said...

Love the braid.....and I need so me more color in my life, lol

Courtney Erin said...

I love Lauren Conrad's little braid! I would look like such a tool with it though...

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

GRIT AND GLAMOUR said...

Cajun Shrimp is a great, great color! Need to revisit it. I tend toward OPI on Collins Avenue, which I think is pretty close.

Ana said...

Mmmm....OPI, what a lovely color! I'll have to try that out.

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

I agree that is a great color! We have had Birthday weeks but Birthday month sounds awesome.

Megan said...

I love that color of polish!

I think right now I'm loving pulling out my summery shoes and slowly retiring the boots until next year! I'm not a huge sandal person, but it is nice to start to let my feet breathe :-)

Valerie said...

I love the lauren conrad braid!

..R May A.. said...

Cajun Shrimp looks gorgeous :)
& the lauren conrad braid looks great, i've been wearing it constantly!! x

Laura said...

Yay for birthday month!! Best month of the year :)

And I always LOVED Lauren's little braid! I have been begging my roommate to do it for me, but maybe with the tutorial I can get it to work. Although I am a total hair spaz!

Taj Acosta said...

Love the last pic!

la petite coquine said...

That braid is adorable-I'm going to have to give it a whirl!

Isabel said...

thank you for showing me this lauren conrad braid tutorial. im gonna try it!

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Love the nail color and the braid! The color reminds me of my fave Essie lolipop but maybe this one is a bit more yellow. Will have to check it out :)

Cathy Benavides said...

I'm loving your birthday month! This year I'm turning 30 (gasp!!) and I think the only way I can get through is to celebrate all month.

Right now, I'm loving 4 pair of wedges..... I'm trying to narrow it down to 2. They'll be up on my blog in a big, so please weigh in! Also, I'm loving my boxing class. I feel like such a badass :)

Krystal said...

that video is so beautiful...love it. (but i do alway sthink people look so funny when they record themselves on youtube singing!)

Couture Carrie said...

I am totally getting my nails done that color tomorrow!

xoxox,
CC

Closet Fashionista said...

Love that nail color! And Yayyyy for side french braids, haha
http://www.closet-fashionista.com

Jenny said...

Ohhh, I love LC's hair - I so want to try that braid, but I think my hair is too short? I may try it anyway ;o)

Torrie said...

Yes, love that braid. But have yet to try it on myself... only Hailey! I will soon enough get brave enough to wear it myself. Maybe for a beach trip. 90 degrees here already!

Christine said...

Thanks for posting that vid.. I always thought those little side braids were adorable.. but mine came out really bad haha