April 12, 2011

The Amazingness of Gilt Groupe

I'm sure you've heard me and plenty of other people talk about how amazing Gilt is. If you're a member (becoming one is free, you just need a referral) you can shop at the daily sales they offer - almost always at such an amazing discount you'll never find the price anywhere else. In addition to having incredible sales every day, Gilt also has incredible customer service. Not only is @GiltGroupe on Twitter, but there's also @GiltSupport. You can contact Gilt by e-mail or phone of course, but @GiltSupport is pretty unique. During business hours, there is a group of Gilt employees Tweeting and if you have any questions about the sales, want help picking out an item, anything like that - just Tweet them and they'll reply back. 
A couple of weeks ago they were having a Missoni sale and I picked this up:

 (I know it's small, sorry.)
Anyway, the description said it was "ocean blue/pink multi". I looked at all the pics online, but it's hard sometimes to get an exact idea of what the colors are going to look like in person. When it arrived, the scarf was much more blue and orange in person. Not ocean blue and pink. (If you know me, you know why blue and orange in any capacity is out. Can't do it. Won't do it. No can do.) I logged on to my Gilt account and saw "this item is final sale and non-returnable". Since @GiltSupport had been helpful while I was shopping the sales the past week, I figured it couldn't hurt to Tweet them and see what their response was. I explained the scarf just wasn't the colors I expected from the pictures, and was there anything I could do about it. They let me return it and I got a full refund including shipping.
The story could end right there and I'd be perfectly happy.
When they were e-mailing me about returning the scarf, they said they'd put me on the wait list if the scarf came back in scarf. Well I assumed it still wouldn't be the colors I wanted so I said not to worry about wait-listing me for it. After a couple of questions asking me what kind of scarf I would want (the Missoni sale had ended a few days ago at this point) they e-mailed me with four Missoni options I could choose from.

Hello, pink and purple multi! This has been my 2nd choice when the sale was going on, so I snatched it up when they e-mailed it as a possibility. A few days later it arrived and I'm thrilled with it!
So I know this is a rather wordy and non-picture post, but if you have any doubts about shopping from Gilt - banish them. The sales are great and the customer service is amazing. They truly work with the members and try their best to find something you'll be happy with. 
Follow @GiltGroupe and @GiltSupport on Twitter, and here is my referral link if for some crazy reason you're not signed up yet.
Oh, and thanks Gilt! 

24 comments:

Kayla said...

I had no idea they had a support Twitter. I have been avoiding Gilt for so long - then today I saw Rebecca Minkoff. A MAC clutch and laptop bag later - for less than $300 I am extremely happy. Hard to believe they could be a better company if they tried.

Ramblings of a Small Town Girl
Fanciful Brainstorm - Tumblr

Kristin said...

Great to know! I've yet to purchase anything from Gilt, but any online retailer with great service goes on my must list.

Jen HaHA said...

I get Gilt's daily e-mails but I haven't purchased yet. I recently ordered from two other invite only sale sites and my items arrived on the same day. Too bad I ordered them three weeks apart! If something catches my eye, I will order from Gilt without concern!

Jen Hemming and Hawing Again

Miss Caitlin S. said...

I am a member but I have never shopped there! Primarily because I try not to even go since the deals are so good ( I really try not to shop). Proud of you for your deals!

Josie said...

I'm a member and have a hardcore Gilt obsession, but I've never bought anything -- I know that if I started, I'd never stop! It is my favorite place to window-shop, though...
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

this free bird said...

Hey that's awesome that they gave you so many different options. Go girl!! Take a pic with that scarf. I needs to examine it.

xo,
c

Krystal said...

I do love me some Gilt Group!

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

Seriously that is awesome! They started following me when I had questions about something and are really helpful.
They do have great customer service though I gotta say they package their items in a flimsy way (ordered glass bowls from them and they barely survived).

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Collette Osuna said...

I love GG too.....Ive gotten a few really great deals there as well:)

Cathy Benavides said...

I swear by Gilt. One time, they had Gola shoes for sale and I really wanted a pair. I couldn't find if they were in men's sizes or women's since they are sort of unisex. By the time customer service emailed me back, the sale was over. I tweeted the GiltSupport and they were so helpeful. They had some of my size in the color I wanted and they let me order them. They are some of my favorite casual shoes. Yay Gilt!!

Courtney Erin said...

Wow, I've really got to try this!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

Taylor said...

GAGA! So glad you got it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Megan said...

ugh i got in trouble with gilt like two years back, so i unsubscribed to EVERYTHING they had. LOL!!!!

Valerie said...

That's awesome and makes me want to shop there even more. Customer service is EVERYTHING to me. I love your new scarf!

Julie and Lauren said...

Wow- this is amazing. I've just started following them on Twitter, but I will have to take them up on the support! Customer service is so important.
Xx

Closet Fashionista said...

Now THAT is good customer service!!! I have yet to buy anything from Gilt because everything I want is still too expensive but I check every day :)
http://www.closet-fashionista.com

Laura said...

I didn't know they had twitter support! That is totally awesome. With all the sample sale sites out there, it is nice to see one doing something to make themselves stand out, positively. Thanks for sharing this testimony Katie!

Torrie said...

I'm with Valerie on this one. After having worked in customer service for so long for Starbucks, it is everything to me. Now following, and like she said- makes me want to shop there more!

p.s. Don't mind wordy posts one bit. :)

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

I love Gilt too! I didn't know how amazing they were though. They went above and beyond! I had one of those Missoni scarves in my cart but didn't buy it. Been kicking myself ever since :)

Anna Katrina said...

i am in love with gilt!


stop by sometime<3
http://passportglamour.blogspot.com

la petite coquine said...

That IS good customer service-I'm impressed!

Stacey said...

i'm registered with them and get their emails, but haven't made a purchase yet. it's great to hear that they have great customer service. the scarf sounds beautiful too. take a pic:-)

shealennon said...

I'm so glad you shared that experience! I'm a member, but I haven't bought anything yet. Now I know that when I have the funds to do some shopping, I should definitely give them a try!

Jess said...

Such a huge fan of Gilt! And what a gorgeous scarf - great buy.