April 29, 2011

Friend Friday - Fitness & Fashion

Friend Friday
I recently joined the Fashion Beauty Friend Friday group created by Katy over at Modly ChicEvery week Katy puts together a set of questions and on Friday if you want to participate, you answer them on your blog and link back up at Modly Chic
1. Do you keep some kind of fitness routine? Why?
Most of you know I've been getting back into a healthy eating and workout routine with the help of my #shredcrew. 



2. Has working out, maybe training for a marathon or something of that nature, helped with your own perception of body image?
Definitely! When you work out you feel better and look better.




3. When you are hitting the gym or just going out for a long walk what do you wear? Is it about functionality or fashion?

It's a combination. You have to wear functional work out clothes but there's no reason they can't be cute, right? I don't have an overwhelming amount of cute workout attire, but I wouldn't be opposed to some Lululemon...



4. Do you feel there is a cultural perception of what you ‘should’ be doing for your own physical fitness?
If there's a cultural perception of what I 'should' be doing in any regard, I highly doubt I'm living up to it.



5.  Dream big… what would be your ultimate fitness goal.
The main goal is to be a healthy weight and just feel better about myself. It wouldn't hurt to look super hot, of course.






If you're interested in FBFF, go to Modly Chic for more information then e-mail Katy if you want to join the group.

Go and enter my SkinCareRX Giveaway! Now :)

19 comments:

Josie said...

I also feel so much better about myself when I work out consistently! And keep it up with the Shred, lady!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Danielle (elleinadspir) said...

It's all about overall feel and health, I totally agree. Now get better!!!

Courtney Erin said...

I love feeling strong and powerful and working out and weight training totally gives me that (the way it boosts my confidence is insane)! Hope you are feeling better today...

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

Jess said...

I just started running again after taking the winter off. It's so hard to get back in shape, but so rewarding!

Audrey Allure said...

Once it started getting warm, I started to work out again; my goal is a great summer body :P

Bonnie said...

Deep down, I think everyone works out to be super hot.

I love these questions. I'm obsessed with working out, though. (Hello, gym rat!) I wish I dressed cuter at the gym, but I am usually donning head-to-toe Nike apparel that squishes my boobs and makes me look like a pre-pubescent boy.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Torrie said...

I always love how you mix a little humor into your answers.

I'm thinking of you today, and can't wait for you to get back home (& on twitter).

Closet Fashionista said...

I wish I had the motivation to work out...I really need to start XD But I'm so lazy
http://www.closet-fashionista.com

la petite coquine said...

Your answers are pretty-let's get real, I think everyone just wants to look cute in a swimsuit!

Hope you're feeling ok, and that you've escaped!

Couture Carrie said...

Fab post, darling!
Keep up the great work!

xoxox,
CC

Kimberlee said...

Love the picture! haha so true ;)

Fashion Tales.... said...

Longer life= healthy life to enjoy life! I agree, when you work out you do feel better, even when I don't want to get up early. However, after I finish my workout I have so much energy! -xxoo
Ladyofashion

Gracey said...

I definitely wish I had the motivation to go to a gym and work out. Maybe if I had a gym buddy I'd go more hehe. Keep up the good work :)

Lee Oliveira said...

This is the best dish i have ever seen it
lee x

design elements said...

i like your way of writing! happy weekend!

Radiant.MakeUp said...

great post :)
love these sorts of post!! x

Krystal said...

haha it def wouldnt hurt to look hot!

janettaylor said...

Nice post, my dear!

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Shea said...

You're right, there's no reason workout wear can't be cute. I need to take your advice and buy cute workout clothes ASAP! My college tees have got to GO.