April 22, 2011

Friend Friday - Inspiration

Friend Friday
I recently joined the Fashion Beauty Friend Friday group created by Katy over at Modly ChicEvery week Katy puts together a set of questions and on Friday if you want to participate, you answer them on your blog and link back up at Modly Chic. 
weheartit
1. Which celebrity (celebrities) do you look to for fashion
inspiration?

Rachel Bilson, Nicole Richie (I think I've made my House of Harlow love pretty clear...), the list goes on.
2. When it comes to your own personal style, what inspires you?

Anything can be inspiration. Everything from reading magazines, to blogs, to watching TV, to just being out can be inspiring. If something keeps catching my eye I try to figure out how to create it and incorporate it into my wardrobe and life.
3. How do you hope to inspire your readers?

I hope that people who know me and read the blog can see that fashion is about having fun. If you're not enjoying it, you're doing it wrong :)
4. Outside the realm of fashion who/what inspires you?

Music! Anyone who knows me, knows that.
5. And since Idol is ending… Which songs inspire you?

Right now, lots of Adele and Florence + the Machine.






If you're interested in FBFF, go to Modly Chic for more information then e-mail Katy if you want to join the group.

Enter my SkinCareRX Giveaway if you haven't yet!

30 comments:

janettaylor said...

Lovely! :) And I agree - love Nicole Richie!

Mimi said...

aaaah, i love adele! and nicole richie has really great style. :D

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

Miss Caitlin S. said...

totally, fashion is definitely for our own enjoyment! and yes on adele.. lots and lots of adele..

Closet Fashionista said...

Yay for fashion and inspirations!!! I agree, if its not fun, what's the point?!
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Danielle (elleinadspir) said...

Inspiration everywhere. I love it.

Megan said...

love rachel bilson :-) she puts things together so effortlessly. i love it!

and i love adele and f&tm. have you heard ellie goulding? i like her stuff too :-)

have a great weekend girl!

Courtney Erin said...

You're so right - if you're not having fun then you are definitely doing something wrong!


xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

Jess said...

I don't think I've ever seen Rachel Bilson wear something I don't like! I wish I had her stylist :)

And really starting to like Adele too! Happy Friday, Katie!

xoxo

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Totally with you! Love Nicole Richie and Rachel. And Adele! :)

Happy weekend, sweetie! xoxo

Cathy Benavides said...

I love Adele so much I can't put it into words- that voice!! And Florence + The Machine is one of the few singers my boyfriend and I can agree on. She has brought peace to our car rides!

BTW, can I put that slogan on my business cards? "If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong." I'll pay you like $5!!

Jess said...

Thanks for sharing! I love that Chanel Quote! Happy Easter Weekend to you :)

Audrey Allure said...

Music inspires me a lot too! :)

Kimberlee said...

Welcome to FBFF! Loving Adele and Florence and the Machine as well :)

yiqin; said...

great interview :D

Isabel said...

i agree that fashion should be about having fun :)

la petite coquine said...

"If you're not enjoying it, you're doing it wrong" should be a motto for EVERYTHING-I love that! Enjoy your weekend, darling!

Bekah: Matters of Merrymaking said...

Florence is so powerful, always makes me feel good!
I love Nicole Richie too... great inspiration post, thanks for sharing!
Fellow FBFFer, matters of merrymaking

Josie said...

I love Rachel Bilson's style! She's so chic.
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Torrie said...

I wish we could say the same thing about exercise... If we're not enjoying it, we're just doing it wrong.

:) Have a wonderful weekend!

Debby said...

I agree w/ music being an inspiration. I missed a few weeks of Idol... can't believe it's coming to an end. I will have to tune in to see whose left. xo

Fierce Fabulous Fit said...

I'm totally with you on enjoying fashion!! It SHOULD be FUN!! :)

Jamie said...

Music is definitely a big inspiration! I am always downloading new music to keep the creative juices flowing!

http://www.glamlatte.com

Gracey said...

I love Rachel Bilson! this is a great idea, thanks for sharing :)

Kara said...

Love Nicole Richie and Adele (just starting to get into her music!)

xx Kara
Sprinkles in Springs

Jammer said...

Dude, nicole richie doing clothing/jewelry lines is my favorite thing about her! Loveee her stuff!

Shea said...

I agree, it should always be fun. And I'm LOVING Adele right now too. I've had her new CD on repeat in my car since I got it!

Jessie said...

Love this!

XX
Jessie
http://87life.blogspot.com

Kristin said...

R.Bil and Nic Rich are definitely my style muses!

the nyanzi report said...

great taste in music. adele is really good.

FashionJazz said...

Music inspires me too! Happy Sunday xx