April 28, 2011

Jewelry Armoire

 I finally got around to taking pictures of the new jewelry armoire. Yes, this was a birthday present, so I've had it for well over a month now but it took me awhile to get it organized just how I wanted. Anyway, I have, I've taken pictures, so here we go:
An overview to show the new pieces. Remember, I was debating what to do to fit in with our existing bedroom. I went with the Hayworth jewelry armoire and the upholstered bench, both from Pier 1. I'm keeping my vanity because we'e already done some work on it and it's just a good fit for what I need right now. I think everything works well together.
So as you can see, you get a lot of storage. It should be more than adequate for a normal person to fit every piece of jewelry they own in here and have room to spare.
Wasn't easy for me.
It took some serious, serious work to get all my jewelry in here. In the massive, never ending clean out a LOT of jewelry and accessories have gone. Like every stage of this, I've been careful about it and really thought about what I liked, what I wore, and am carefully considering all my purchases now. As you'll see, I'm pretty much at capacity in the armoire now so is this always going to work? I have no idea. It is for now, though.
The top. Over to the left I have rings at the top (mixture of nice ones, costume ones, a couple that were my paternal grandmother's and some vintage ones that belonged to my maternal grandmother). Towards the bottom I have earrings like diamond studs and pearls, diamond hoops, and my sorority pin. On the other side, I have some rows of necklaces (mixture of nicer ones, ones from DogEared, Kevia, House of Harlow, Gorjana, Melinda Maria, and some that belonged to my grandmother). I have my sets of pearls, a set of pearls that were Jared's grandmother's, and some bracelets. Also a couple of pairs of Melinda Maria earrings are in here. It might seem like a hodge podge, but it makes sense to me. There's a lot of sentimental pieces in here now that I think about it. Pieces that belonged to both of my grandmother's and Jared's grandmother. Jewelry I got as presents when I graduated from high school, college, my 18th birthday. Lots of gifts from Jared. A diamond pendant that was made out of a cocktail ring my granddad gave my grandmother. 
This is the left door. The top row is long necklaces, the bottom is what was left after organizing both sides. It's somewhat color coordinated.
Chunkier necklaces. Also some vintage ones mixed in that were my grandmother's. I have a lot of my grandmother's jewelry and I love it, but it's obviously old so I'm careful about when I wear it because I don't want it to break. (This is the costume jewelry I'm talking about.)
Top drawer - silver and gold earrings.
2nd drawer - all other earrings :) I came to a rather obvious realization while trying to fit all my earrings into TWO entire drawers and failing miserably - I have a lot of big ass earrings. There's no other way to say it. Even wore them on my wedding day. See the big crystal earrings in the back left towards the top? Yep. I bet you 99% of Southern girls wear pearl studs on their wedding day (and as shown above, I had several pairs of those I could have worn) but not me. 
3rd drawer - cocktail rings, then the row to the far right is brooches that belonged to my grandmother. I have another one that I pinned to my wedding veil, but I've left it there. 
4th drawer - bracelets. This was difficult. With all the jewelry, I want to be able to see every single thing. I could cram a lot more in if I want to put stuff on top of stuff but I know myself, and if I can't see it, it's not getting worn. Towards the bottom, I put all my thicker bangles and cuffs - bracelets you can stack. In the middle I put small bracelets, then the back is thin bangles, beaded bracelets - spread out so I can see what's there. 
5th drawer - David Yurman, Chan Luu, Melinda Maria bracelets, watches. I can re-arrange and fit more in this drawer if I need to.
That's the five drawers inside the doors, then you have the 2 bottom drawers:
Not much in here. Wallets and a Chanel bag. 
Bottom drawer is sunglasses. The Chanel bag in the above drawer held the case and box for my Chanel sunglasses when it was in the closet. I suppose it could be thrown away now, but I don't feel like throwing away a Chanel bag :)

Whew! So that's it. Looking at it, there's a little more room than I thought. I could make the bottom 2 drawers jewelry as well if I needed to, and I probably will someday. For now, I'm tired of organizing and re-organizaing!

There's a few days left to enter my SkinCareRX Giveaway if you haven't yet!

26 comments:

Josie said...

Shut UP. Katie, this is AMAZING. I think I need one -- like, immediately. And I'm obsessed with your jewelry collection!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

this free bird said...

Now THAT is some serious *ss BLING. You have a ridiculously large collection woman!!

jelly

xo,
Carrie

Anja said...

wow, girl, you really are stacked with jewels!! Definitely a cool way to store your precious bling bling. I guess a girl can never have enough jewels, but I have to confess, yours seems like a good goal :)

Greetings

Anja
www.aheartandsoulstory.blogspot.com

FashionJazz said...

Omg, I love this!! You are so lucky and I LOVE all your jewelry hun! xx

Closet Fashionista said...

WOAH BABY! That is a LOT of jewelry, haha...so much prettiness to take in :D
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Danielle (elleinadspir) said...

Wow. Wish I lived within borrowing distance!

Megan said...

oh my gosh i absolutely need this!!! rubbermaid drawers just dont do it anymore!

Courtney Erin said...

Oh my god - I'm dying on envy over here. The cabinet, everything in the cabinet. Damn.


xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

Kinsey Michaels said...

i have always been OBSESSED with the pier one mirrored furniture! this armoire is simply gorgeous katie, and you have sooo much jewelry! <3
i love it all.
the bench looks really good too, i feel like it ties the whole room together.

Jaime @ La vie...J'aime said...

holy wow i am jealous of that armoire and your collection of jewels!

Torrie said...

WOW. a whooooooole helluva lotta jewelry lady!!

You've put a lot of though and work into this, and it's really cool that you'll be able to truly treasure your collection, and give it "life" rather than tucking it away, only wearing the visible items. Also, a lot of wasted searching time will now be eliminated, I'm sure.

Stacey said...

really glamorous piece and quite an enviable jewelry collection you have!

la petite coquine said...

The armoire is gorgeous, and all these pieces you've placed in it are stunning! No wonder you're always wearing the best jewelry-your collection is amazing!

Fashion Meets Food said...

Are you kidding me!?!?! SERIOUSLY LOVE THIS! I seriously need to copy in some way shape or form haha.

xo

bravegrrl said...

wow grrl, you have a lot of jewelry! and it's so organized! great jewelry armoire! i can't imagine how you had it organized before...

Isabel said...

you have an amazing collection. compared to u i own nothing. lol

Shea said...

That is beautiful!! What a great way to store your jewelry--I hope to be able to get something like that in the future. I feel like everything is so visible and organized! Awesome.

Jammer said...

Your collection is AMAZINGGGGG! Your jewelry deserves it!

Jenny said...

WOW! I love it, your collection is amazing. Gorgeous! It was worth all the work :o)

meghan said...

I'm in love. I love the jewelry armoire, but I also love your collection. I would wear my jewelry more if it were displayed so well. I'm going to look into this. How much room does it take up?

Jess said...

oh wow! you could open your own boutique! I love your new armoire! And your whole bedroom is amazing! It looks soooo relaxing! :)

Christine said...

wow! i absolutely LOVE your bedroom deco.. did you do it yourself!!? its gorgeous!

also love the jewellery armoire, you've got so much stuff it reminds me of a store hehe. so cool :) loving the organisation :)

Colleen @ Mommy Panda said...

Holy smokes you have a lot of jewelry, lol! I don't think you could combine my "collection" twice and come close to yours! :D

Must make accessorizing easy. I have a hard time with it.

Davidbotha said...

I think the stones and other things which is used in the neck lace is looking slightly older. It looking good, but the person who wear it she looks superstitious.

gorjana jewellery

Ethan Smith said...

Buy and sell new and used modern, outdoor, office, bedroom and home furniture.
Choose from a great selection of gently used furniture for every room in your home.
More here www.postallads4free.com

Brenda Meyer said...

Hi This is Nice Service, We hope you will enjoy our beautiful collection of Standing Jewelry Armoires, Jewelry Boxes, Jewelry Chests, Wall Mount Jewelry Armoires and Vanity Sets. Jewelry Armoires For Sale
.Contact us:1-877-817-0303 jewelry armoire furniture!