April 5, 2011

Spring... Something

If you follow me on Twitter, you probably saw what we were up to this weekend (click on the pics to make them bigger):

Flowers for the beds on Twitpic
We took a trip to Lowe's to pick out flowers and straw for the beds. Lowe's was a madhouse! Guess that's what nice weather will do.

Gerbera daisies on Twitpic
The small bed out front got the Gerbera daisies. Lovely shadow, hmm? The bed next to the house just got a couple more of the flowers that it already had. I can't remember what they're called and I didn't take a picture. Fail.

Making a new flower bed on Twitpic
We decided to turn this area in the backyard into a bed, so first we had to dig up all the grass. I didn't really like this part.

Looking pretty good on Twitpic
We put the lilies (I think they're oriental lilies) in the new bed, but there was still a good bit of room. 

Added the day lillies in with the others on Twitpic
We went and got some day lilies out of my parents yard and added them in to finish that bed. 

And moved the one surviving azalea from last year on Twitpic
Last year we planted azaleas in that small bed in the front yard. Azaleas are supposed to come back but only one did. (Apparently they're temperamental.) So the one surviving azalea was moved to the back by the new bed. 

Now someone has to get Spring cleaned... on Twitpic
Since we were already knee deep in all of this, we decided August could just go ahead and get a bath, too. And his teeth brushed. And a trim. He wasn't very happy.

Gotta have Pandora for all of this :) on Twitpic
Pandora on the Blackberries. 

Spring cleaned dog. on Twitpic
Doesn't he look nice? 

Ok, so, pictures of flowers and the dog. Doesn't really have anything to do with fashion or beauty. OH! I wear pink gloves for gardening. They're really cute. True story. 


21 comments:

Jen HaHA said...

I love gerbera daisies! I was just telling my friend on Saturday that I need to plant some again. Looks like you accomplished more in your garden than the rest of us with crummy weather.

Miss Caitlin S. said...

hey lifestyle posts are a-okay with me!!! looks really good and the weather looks like it held up!

this free bird said...

eyes are crossed and i'm going to bed. i love your yard & flowers...hope i can walk into the accountant's office tomorrow. help.me.

xo,
c

Danielle (elleinadspir) said...

I really really need to do my spring planting...like soon. I guess I know what I'm doing this weekend!

Courtney Erin said...

I am so jealous of your pretty yard - I wish I had more green spaces in my life.

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

Megan said...

i loved when i saw these posts on twitter :-) i think its fun to switch it up and do a post like this...most of mine are just me ranting from work because i have nothing better to do (i guess other than actually work lol).

you did a nice job on gardening. i cant even keep a house plant alive. true story ;-)

Collette Osuna said...

I loved seeing the "rip it up" new bed on Twitter, lol...so happy for you that you guys have such gorgeous weather......ours? Sucks..thats all, lol.

I LOVE Pandora..I have it on my BlackBerry too.....great minds I tell you:)

..R May A.. said...

gorgeous garden :)
thanks for sharing!! x

Torrie said...

You guys got a LOT done! I look forward to seeing the garden's growth (totally beauty related if you ask me =)! We're planting in a couple of days, and of course, I'll post too.

Ashleigh said...

Aww, fun!! I used to love planting & gardening aka getting a tan while hubby does most of the manual labor :) Now all we have a window boxes but flowers do bring a bit of fashion to the yard - the colors & textures surely count as stylish!

la petite coquine said...

Your yard looks terrific, and August so handsome! I wear pink gloves for dishes, and they're pretty cute, too!

Closet Fashionista said...

Yayyy for spring!! I love flowers, hehe :D Its still too cold and nasty here for that :(
http://www.closet-fashionista.com

Couture Carrie said...

So fun!
Yay spring!

xoxox,
CC

P.S. I think those HoH earrings are now on sale at shopbop.com!

janettaylor said...

Gorgeous post!

Taj Acosta said...

girl flowers have everything to do with fashion! It's your outer expression! lol. I need to get over to Lowe's and get some flowers too!

Josie said...

Gerber daisies are my favorite flower -- I love yours; they're gorgeous!
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Sick by Trend said...

I love spring and of course SUMMER!! :)

xx

www.sickbytrend.com

Connie @ Sogni e Sorrisi said...

The dogs are too cute!

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Your yard is fabulous! How I wish I had one myself. Maybe one day. And yay for gerber daisies :)

Kristin said...

You've inspired me. I'm ready to get out in our yard too! Maybe I need pink gloves?

Jess said...

Looks great! Love trips to Lowe's for new plants! Hope August was a good helper this weekend!