April 20, 2011

What I'm Loving...

I started Level 3 of the Shred yesterday, but not without some drama. And by drama I mostly mean I was dramatic on Twitter, so I should explain. It's not exciting. Basically, I have bad knees. Why? No reason. I never played sports, it's not some old injury, it's just hereditary. My knees don't line up femur right, blah blah, the cartilage is wearing away, they hurt sometimes, blah blah. It's usually not a problem but I notice it more when I'm working out regularly. Level 3 of the Shred involves some ridiculousness called "plyometrics" (idk, it's a lot of jumping), which is brutal on bad knees. I didn't modify enough of the moves, heard my knee pop, and - ouch, basically. So there's my boring knee story! No need to worry, a little rest and it'll be fine again. 
Here's what I'm loving:

Slatkin & Co. Pineapple Orchid Candle

Yet another new candle I picked up at the 2/$20 sale at Bath & Body Works. (I got 4 different scents in case you want an idea of how many more you'll be hearing about). A pretty pink color and it's pineapple scented? I was sold. 


Keyboard Cover
I was looking for a keyboard cover for the Macbook and as soon as I saw this on Amazon it was all over. Oh, and it was like $2. I'm not kidding. Now I have pink keys! And my keyboard is protected, blah, blah, blah.


Sally Hansen Disco Ball
Apparently this is a bargain "What I'm Loving..." because I grabbed this at Target for less than $3. It's pretty. And sparkly. You know how I feel about that combination. Unlike some of my glitter polishes, this isn't opaque so it's more like a glitter topcoat on top of whatever nail polish you're wearing. I like that sometimes, plus it's easier to remove than a full on glitter polish. 


Sephora Sale
Ok, another bargain/sale/good deal. You're welcome. I already posted about it, but tomorrow is the last day of Chic Week so I hope you've got your Sephora orders in! Sephora usually just does sales twice a year so I very much look forward to stocking up. I want to hear what you've picked up!


Ok, so that's What I'm Loving right now! What about you?
Enter my SkinCareRX Giveaway!

25 comments:

sacramento said...

Thank you for keeping always in touch, my dear katie.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Josie said...

Keep it up with the Shred, Katie! You can do it!
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Miss Caitlin S. said...

keyboard cover is so cute! and yowza about the knees, I hope you recover soon. I guess you need to try and lower your impact on them a lot!! Good for you for doing it though, proud!

Niko Bulaun said...

I have yet to try twitter!

http://lifespamphlet.blogspot.com/2011/04/watcha-say.html

cheers!

Courtney Erin said...

I love that keyboard cover - I must get one! And yeah, level 3 of the Shred is bad news for knees - mine are pretty much problem free but they get super sore from the Shred so I can't even imagine how much it must hurt for someone with an actual knee problem. Hang in there!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

Danielle (elleinadspir) said...

Right now I'm loving my cup of coffee. Boing to be a long day I think! Hope the knees feel ok today.

Closet Fashionista said...

OW! That stinks about your knee :/
I love that keyboard cover! So much fun!! I should get one...but I must resist, haha
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

Oh you poor thing -hope your knees are ok! I have a slightly bad knee and always aware of a lot of jumping/squatting motions.
Ooh pink keyboard cover...intrigued.

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Lee Oliveira said...

I better stop posting more candles photos. I am going crazy over here. I'm still looking the lemon one you post few days back... can't find it.. hahahaha
lee x

Jess said...

Oh my gosh- how cute is that keyboard cover?! I love it... But not so sure my hubby would ;)

Hope your knee is feeling better soon, Katie!

Isabel said...

i bought a few candles from bath & body works recently. i havent used them yet b/c im saving them for when i move out but every once in a while i take off the lid and smell the scent. lol

Collette Osuna said...

I have bad knees from running...take it easy girlie!

Laura said...

So sorry to hear about the knee pain! Rest it up and feel better. Also, major congrats on pushing through to level 3!! That is awesome.

I love that keyboard, too!

Valerie said...

My mom just bought me some of those Bath & Body candles and they're amazing! Hope your knee feels better soon.

this free bird said...

You're killing that Shred Katie. I'm sucking dust and need to bust a move to keep up. That $11 worth of various See's Candies probably was unnecessary last night...Day 6 got put on hold so today I have to enter the torture chamber. Am i ever going to get out of Level 2 Katie? EVER??

I'm entering the skincarerx giveaway later. Going to work and then I'll need to get smoothed out. oy

ps.glitter! and i might need that key cover for my computer. cute!!

xo,
c

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Ouch! Rest up and feel better! Loving the pink keys and I've yet to hit up Sephora yet. Either this afternoon or tomorrow. I have to get my fragrance Pure Grace, and a new concealer I'm loving from Smash Box. Oh and my Clarins Auto Bronsant Moisturizer :)

Megan said...

STILL loving the keyboard cover!!!!!

Torrie said...

I've been off of twitter for the most part today, and I was wondering how your knees were doing!

Rest them, and let them heal... and then MODIFY!! (sound like a mother, don't I?)

Cathy Benavides said...

I took a ridiculous fall a few months ago and have rendered my knee pretty much useless for kneeling- jumping is still okay though! You are such a badass doing the Shred- I bow to your athletic prowess! Feel better soon :)

Sick by Trend said...

haha so cool the keyboard! :D

www.sickbytrend.com

xx

sBt

la petite coquine said...

So sorry about your knees-take it easy, and don't let Jillian boss you around! Loving that keyboard cover...I think I just might need one, too!

Kristin said...

Do they make that cover for PCs? Cuz that is the cutest thing ever!

Ashley said...

I hope your knee heals up quickly! That sounds painful, never want to hear your knees go "pop" :(

-Ashley
http://breakfastatsaks.blogspot.com

style'n said...

Love the key board cover, I need one too!!! And do you have a privacy screen for your MAC? I think i need ones of those too..for airplane etc..

meghan said...

that keyboard cover is so cute! i want a purple one. it would help me not get little crumbs and dust in my keyboard.