I did a little DIY recently and made some new brush holders, so I figured I'd show you the results:
*I'd like to point out that I totally made up the bed, which you can hardly see, for these pics and neglected to clean the crap off the dresser - which you can definitely see in the reflection of the mirror. And if you didn't see it before, you're looking now because I just pointed it out to you. Epic. Fail.
Calling this a DIY is pretty insulting to people who actually make things. This is more like a "buy 2 things at Michael's and make nothing" but that acronym isn't as fun. Anyway.
If you want to throw your makeup brushes in a coffee mug, have at it (I do it with my eyeliners, as you can see - but they're easier to pick out). There's nothing wrong with that. Except that they're all going to touch each other and you won't see them all. (Have I mentioned 10,000 times how I have to be able to see everything? I have to be able to see everything. There. I said it 10,001.)
So, here's the DIY - or B2TAMAMN. (I told you it wasn't as fun!) I'll try to make it look more complicated:
1. Drive to Michael's.
2. Get out of the car.
3. Go into Michael's.
4. Explain to husband 17 times why you're at Michael's.
5. Find 2 matching vases you like that will fit your brush collection.
6. Buy enough floral fill to fill up the vases.
7. Go to dinner.
8. Have a martini. (21 and over, please.).
9. Drive home. (Actually, the husband should drive. You just had a martini. Responsibility, people!).
10. Pour the floral fill into the vases & arrange your brushes.
Ta-da! That's a few more steps than I thought. I hope you're not overwhelmed. Go have the martini now if you are.