May 27, 2011

Friend Friday - Hair Care

Friend Friday
The Fashion Beauty Friend Friday group was created by Katy over at Modly ChicEvery week Katy puts together a set of questions and on Friday if you want to participate, you answer them on your blog and link back up at Modly Chic
weheartit
1. How often do you get your hair cut?
Usually when Charli (my stylist/one of my BFFs) texts me and says "When are you going to make a hair appointment?"
2. Do you go to the same stylist each time, try someone new, go to the
cheap hair cutting chains or live it up in a salon?
My hair stylist is one of my best friends, so I always go to her. She works at a local salon.
3. Do you color your hair? How often? What’s your natural color?
Yes. It depends. I haven't seen it since I was 16 or 17. Does that answer any of that?
4. The one thing you always do to keep your hair looking great is:
Be lazy with it. Seriously, washing and drying and using heat on your hair daily will likely damage it. I'm perfectly happy to skip days washing it and use my dry shampoo, go to sleep with wet hair so I don't have to blow dry it, and use my flat iron for touch ups, not daily use. The laziness = not using excessive heat daily which = my hair isn't damaged. Works for me :)
5. What hair trend do you love and wish you could rock? 
Feather extensions. I want them. I think I need them. I wonder how much Charli charges for them...




If you're interested in FBFF, go to Modly Chic for more information then e-mail Katy if you want to join the group.
Go enter the Towne & Reese giveaway!

16 comments:

Josie said...

Your hair always looks so pretty and shiny, Katie. I definitely need to lay off the heat a little bit to save mine!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

this free bird said...

i wonder if Charli can wheel on through SoCal to visit Carrie? I need a cut and nowhere to go. Your hair always looks super healthy.

Okay it's the weekend. Where's the liquor?

Closet Fashionista said...

hehe weee!!! I'm bad and hardly get my hair cut XD
That's fun that your fried does yours :D :D
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Danielle (elleinadspir) said...

When my hair was long it was much easier to take a day off from washing/drying. This shorter do is hard only hair :(

Courtney Erin said...

Your hair always looks so shiny and think - I wish I had a hairstylist friend! Well, I do, but she's back in Canada so it really doesn't do me much good. I also have no seen my natural color since I was 16 - solidarity!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

GRIT AND GLAMOUR said...

I think you should totally go for the feathers!

Megan said...

i think going to bed with wet hair and only using flat irons when necessary is an excellent tip. i try to do that, but im sooo lazy i just cant shower at night, and then i am stuck in the morning. :( have a great weekend katie!

Kimberlee said...

It's great to have your stylist be your best friend because she knows you and hopefully won't mess up! haha I'm also lazy with my hair but find it keeps it healthy. Hair drying it is better than blow drying so I go to sleep with wet hair :)

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

Haha, I love your third answer. i'm with you and am totally lazy about my hair and think it is the better for it. I am flying 9000 miles for a hair cut. It better be good (am going home anyway, no really just for the hair cut!)

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Bonnie said...

I just bought the coolest set of feather extension for my hair, and I am SUPER DUPER excited to use them. I will definitely be posting pictures when I do!

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

la petite coquine said...

I love a girl with lazy hair routines-I'm the same way!

Gracey said...

Yay for laziness! I try to be lazy with my hair but sometimes lazy just won't cut it for the day :/

Stacey said...

Great answers! I always try to get a trim about every 6-8 weeks! Happy weekend and are you lighting up the grill? I hope to if the weather cooperates! XX

Tea For Two said...

It's always interesting to know how others approach their hair care and styles, since I've had such a weird and wonderful history with mine. (I only started letting hair dressers touch it a few years ago too, so on top of all the crazy colours the cuts were all my own!)

I adore your hair colour so much.

Kavery said...

I love reading about bloggers hair care and makeup tricks. My hair needs a lot of TLC by way of conditioner which I'm happy to use

Cathy Benavides said...

My little sister got the hair feather, and it's so adorable!! I totally want one too!