May 6, 2011

Friend Friday - Shoes

Friend Friday
The Fashion Beauty Friend Friday group was created by Katy over at Modly ChicEvery week Katy puts together a set of questions and on Friday if you want to participate, you answer them on your blog and link back up at Modly Chic
weheartit
1.What is your go-to pair of shoes?
Usually a pair of flats of some kind. Sandals in the spring and fall, ballet flats in the fall and winter.
2. What goes into your shoe buying decisions?
Without meaning to, I use a certain dollar amount as an indicator (and I'm not saying what that is, because it would be different for everyone). If it's under that amount, it's all instinct. I like it, I want it, I'm drawn to it - I buy it. If it's over that amount, it's a decision I weigh more carefully. Is it going to go on sale? How much use am I going to get out of them? If it's worth it to me, I buy them. If they're still too expensive or I can't justify them, I politely put them on my Christmas or birthday list. (Kidding.) (Kind of.) (No I'm not.)
3. The majority of the shoes in your closet are what color?
Black. That's so boring. I'm not usually this boring. I don't think...
4. When it comes to design shoes what are your favorite brands and why?
Tory Burch - Her flats are the best, hands down, no question. They're well made and will last forever, and like I already mentioned I wear flats a lot. 
BCBG Max Azria - Really well made, designer, high end shoes except you can always find a great deal on them.
 5. If price wasn’t an issue, you’d own which shoe?
Louboutin's :)




If you're interested in FBFF, go to Modly Chic for more information then e-mail Katy if you want to join the group.

26 comments:

Josie said...

My Louboutin collection would be OUT OF THIS WORLD if I could afford them. Shoes are easily my greatest weakness!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

oh Loubotins - what is it about the little red sole?
I'm usually in fit flop sandals or flats!

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Christine said...

seriously drooling over ever pair of shoes in that pic right now.. *sigh* sadly my shoe collection isn't what i would like it to be.. and i don't have the space for them either.. i'm hoping that when i get married i will have a nice space picked out to accumulate! :)

Danielle (elleinadspir) said...

I feel like I could have written this...all the same answers pretty much as you!

Kayla said...

You know how I work for a shoe designer retail group now and it's frustrating and crazy - well both of your "go to" brands have the same head designer in my retail group. A-Mazing.

Closet Fashionista said...

Yayy shoes!! Love this!!
and I'm the same way!! If its under a certain price I'm good to go...but if its over I get a little nervous about the purchase even if I love them XD (but my number is VERY low XD)
http://www.closet-fashionista.com

Linz said...

I'm always looking for new durable flats, so I'm definitely going to be searching for some Tory Burch ones now. Thanks for the tip!

And black doesn't have to be boring - it's classic!

Anja said...

so with you on those Louboutin's. Probably also Jimmy and Manolo :)

I go with a certain budget range as well, it just limits the choices a bit. I got too many shoes already and really need to limit myself a bit. Love the photos!

Courtney Erin said...

Most of my shoes are black too...but I make up for the lack of color with those of embellishments, etc.

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

Val said...

Totally agree about the Louboutins. So gorgeous, so expensive :(

GRIT AND GLAMOUR said...

I love BCBG Max Azria shoes too...so well made, and usually very comfy.

Cathy Benavides said...

Holy crap, I said the exact same thing about Tory Burch!! You truly are my shoe soulmate :)

Leia said...

I love reading about how other people choose and buy shoes! I'd love a pair of Loubies, too.

Leia

Heather said...

You can't go wrong with flats! Plus, black is a great color for shoes, goes with practically everything and is classic.

Dana - Curvy With A Side Of Confidence said...

Hahaha. I would so put them on my Christmas or birthday list too! Or just leave a picture around and keep referencing it until my husband got the clue it's time to do something nice for me...lol He knows I'm more of a shoe than a flower girl. Also, black can be sexy, don't knock it. You aren't boring!

Jen said...

And then you'd lend me the louboutin's??? ;-)

Happy Friday Dear! xo

Shea said...

I'm a flats girl too--they're usually my go-tos as well. And the majority of my shoes are black too.

Kimberlee said...

Price does gravely affect my decision because I don't have loads of money to spend on them *sigh* So I totally get your decision process!

Fashion Tales.... said...

Nothing like a Louboutin, you have great tastes. I usually keep a good pair of flats in my work bag! Happy Friday! :)

Jess said...

I like your dollar amount indicator you talk about in question 2. Might have to try that because I spend way too much money on shoes!

xo

Krystal said...

I knew this FF would be up your alley!! I have mostly black too, haha :)

Jamie said...

I have a friend that just spent a small fortune on Tory Burch ballet flats and I wondered why the heck she paid so much for flats. It's funny b/c my price limitations are far higher with a pair of heels...kind of doesn't make sense since flats are more comfortable right? Perhaps I need to rethink this! LOL

http://www.glamlatte.com

Torrie said...

It's funny. I saw a pair of shoes (on a blog) that I liked. I clicked on the link and saw that they were super (super) cheap ("inexpensive") and from Charlotte Russe. It has been ages since I've shopped there. I worried a little about quality, but I really like them and ended up getting them. Totally under my inner price indicator, and still have 'em!

Moral of story- don't know. Just wanted to share. :)

Are you back home yet??

Kristine said...

i would have own Louboutin's up to heaven if i just had the money..

meghan said...

I would be able to copy and paste this as my answers without a problem. Great minds think alike. Want Louboutins so badly. Although, the one area that i would disagree would be TB. I love her Revas, but some of her shoes are just so incredibly uncomfortable. I have a pair of wedges that absolutely make me want to cry by days end, and I think I could wear my Seychelles wedges running for a few miles. Have you worn her wedges or heels before?

GINA BIBER said...

That looks like an enviable shoe closet! :- )

Cheers,
Gina

http://ginabiber.blogspot.com/